The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

The Cult of Personality
Spoiler:
This is the IC story of Aulten's insane attempts at achieving great power. Please, no posts. If you wish to join the storyline, PM me on the forums or send me a letter/PM ingame!
Spoiler:
A note: By joining this storyline, you accept an automatic permanent Character Warning. Your character will most likely die before all is said and done. So if you have other plans for a character, don't get them involved in this storyline.

Aulten sat studying in the library of the Stormwind Coven as he had all his life, when he was in the city. The old man was haggard and gray-haired, with heavy bags under his eyes. Over the course of the past few weeks, however, something was different. He read at a frantic pace, worry showing across his face. He was on a mission; he was searching. He didn't even notice the woman who walked down the staircase, into the library. She put the book that her nose was in back on a nearby shelf, and picked up another book from the same shelf. Aulten only noticed her when she walked over to the table, pulled out a chair, and sat down. He looked up, rather startled. He became even more startled by the sight before him.

"A...Alinna?", he mumbled to himself. He clearly knew the woman. She slowly looked up from her book and sighed. "What?" Aulten frowned, turning the page of the book before him that he was no longer reading. "I thought I would never meet you again."

Alinna looked up, confused, as she asked, "Do I know you?" Aulten immediately spoke up. "Oh, right, a name. You once knew me by the name "Aulten. But that has been many years ago..." Alinna almost immediately looked up, a glint of remembrance and maybe happiness showing in her eye. But it almost immediately disappeared as well. She simply mumbled, "Ah..."

The two spoke for some time, and eventually, Aulten chose to explain his purpose for being in Stormwind again in the first place. He told Alinna all about his leaving Stormwind, arriving in the Outland, being attacked by the Doom Guard, making a pact, slaying his fellow warlocks, and then return to Azeroth. He then spoke of Tavren, and his apparent plan to betray Aulten, and explained that it has so far failed. He stated his goal to defeat Tavren, once and for all, and then described his meathod, using the Doom Guard, and betraying it. Alinna, all throughout this, sat in stunned silence, nodding on occasion.

Upon completion of his tale, Alinna sat silent for a few moments. Slowly, she formed words in her mind, and began speaking. "What's in it for me?" she cooed. "What do you want? You know that I can supply anything you want monetarily. Name it, and it's yours." was Aulten's reply.

"I believe we can work something out."
Spoiler:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bZkp7q19f0[/youtube]