The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Backfeeding
I have a feedback thread already. But, I... Well. I want that one to fall into oblivion as I feel a wee bit tragic to revive it time and time again when I practically beg for a bit of feedback (implying that's not exactly what I'm doing right now, but that's besides the point). It's better to start a new one, in my mind, since the other one's been around for far long enough at this point.

I'm really looking for... feedback in general. I want my performances in all areas to be taken apart, nitpicked, whatever it is you feel you want to do. Everything is good, even the bad things. If you have anything constructive for me, I encourage it. Warmly. So, please. Don't hold back just because it's criticism about my performance in any area, be it GMing or roleplaying.

So, anyway.

The characters I play, for reference, are (in no particular order)...
Here's my questions to y'all.
  • How am I doing, GM-wise? Anything I should be doing better? Anything I should be doing more? ... D'ya got any complains in general?
  • Is there anything wrong with my characters, in your opinion? Do they seem consistent to you? Are they interesting? Do they add spice to the RP? Or are they just bland and boring and would add more to the RP situation by simply removing themselves from it?
  • Have you got anything to add about my ability as a roleplayer? Am I fair? Reasonable? Am I flunking without realizing it? ... And no one just cares to tell me, heh?
  • How am I at running events? As a DM? Do I manage to keep things interesting for everyone? Is there something I should work on improving? (Events I've ran: See; Kidnapped.)
  • What about me, as a person? Do I have any trait or habit that I should be working on mending? These are the worst for me when it comes to discovering them. I can't do anything about these until someone points them out to me.

I'll accept topic responses and PMs. Depending on what you'd prefer.
Loxi. You knowz I love ya, but I'ma be brutal.

Your major flaw is that your nubness is living in a way different timezone that doesn't agree with most of my schedules.

Besides that, you have many plus to you and your characters.

I'd say your role-playing skill surpasses mine in the sense that many of your characters are unique and interesting, and seem to have depth without trying to throw in weird angles or lore-breaking histories and such. It seems almost effortless to you, with that and the very realistic reactions and responses that come from the characters. Something I envy. >:C You're also a very fun person to hang around and talk to OOCly.

There's nothing really I can complain about. I'll have more stuff to rate you once Kidnapped start rolling around. I've enjoyed the ones I've attended to, so no doubt this will be even more fun.

That's all I got. A whole bunch of good throw at ya.
Lolx, hey! How's it going? :D
I haven't really RPd with you -at least not as much as I'd want to- except on Edersich one time, Linn one time, and Yahzka multiple times. [Which means I'd like to RP more!]. But on those ocassions, I can proudly say I have greatly admired your style. especially in the, as McKnub said, realistic reactions and responses. And still effective.
OOCly, you're an awesome person. That's all I can say, and I hope it encases everything. I can't really count the times you've helped me discover new possible RP locations. And for the record, most times -if not all- that I've been looking, you were there to help.
Complains? I have absolutely none.
I am still to see a flaw about you, actually.

So yeah, don't ever leave CotH. Please?
Loxxy, your doing just fine. As an rp'er you are terrific, i'm actually blown away by what you have to say, and how you say it. It is all very detailed and I must say that adds to the rp, it encourages me to push my boundries too, so i'm not left in the dust.

As a GM you can cut yourself from play mode to work mode. If that makes sense? You can act like a regular rp'er one moment and then put on your GM cloak, as if it were a cape, and you tend to be a good reasonable GM.

As a person you are respectable, you don't seem to ever get angry or let your emotions topple you in general. You seem to know what your talking about, and you know how to say things in a way people will understand. Overall, your good at your job. Your might find yourself not getting much feedback, but people generally only do that if they have a complaint.

Your doing a good job Loxxy, don't doubt yourself. :)
Those that run from their past are engulfed by it.
Those that fight their heritage, are beaten back down.
Those who accept themselves and use their past as a strength...
These are the ones that are truly strong.
Loxy, baby, your killin me. We have yet to RP. So all and all... This post is useless other then being a reminder ^^

RPZ WIF MEZ!! Chu know chu wanna ;3
Who saw this coming?

I saw it coming!

... Kidnapped's running on a high gear right now. Event's not over yet, but I would really appreciate any and all feedback regarding the event itself as far as I, myself, am concerned. My DMing, and such things. Possibly my puppeting of the NPCs in it, as well.
You saw this coming? Really? REALLY?

Shhh

As for current impressions: this is my first Kidnapped! and so far so good (getting exactly what I hoped for out of it). I liked the flair that came with having Generic and Standard.

The only negative I really have (towards you and not towards the event) is the lack of intrigues. I understand being busy, but it was a snag, particularly for the Enslaved Guards who couldn't really explain why they were here.

In other words: Thanks, sugar, and keep on doin' what you doin'.
[Image: 0f084241-4e8f-4ebc-9f46-e942e4c544a8_zps7e42bd8f.jpg]
Like with Caravan, my only complaint for Kidnapped is the lack of intrigue because it was fairly important to how Kynara was supposed to act. I really have no idea with what I'm doing and I sorta feel like I'm running around with my head cut off and hoping that I'm not screwing things up. That's why the character has been so shaky - I really have no idea what I'm doing here so I'm trying to get things off the top of my head for plot progression!

Otherwise, I like this one a bit better than before. It's had a lot less drama and I feel like it was better with the captives not being harassed every other minute. In the third one, it seemed like every time things would settle down and we would actually be having fun doing whatever it as we were doing, someone would come down, break us all up into small groups and things would sorta get boring. It may be because I'm on the guards side, but I know I've been trying to prevent that from happening to the current captives, most of all if they're actually doing something and interfering would kill the RP.

I give it a 4 out of 5 stars!

As for other feedback? RP WITH ME MORE WOMEN.
Loxy I love you, you're just so sweet and nice you're a ball of win.

As for the Event I was up and down. Here are my issues with Kidnapped 4 srs:

Location: Awesome, I don't even mind how large it is. I like the location and the hinting that they're in an unsavory environment. I like that the environment has become a hazard or issue in and of itself aside from the obvious kidnapped scenario. This makes it a tad different for everyone because they all have to deal with it but it differs from their perspective. Willing/Unwilling/victim.

I like how everything is set up, the locations. The cell/Library/Grand room of where the Faceless was before her death and other things. It adds a very captivating touch and really pulls you into the RP. I was present for Kidnapped 2 and 4 and By far this is my favorite location.

Cons: These aren't really your fault but just things that don't sit right with me with the event. There is a duality, Realism vs Fun.

It is Fun OOCly to be lulzy, but in the sense of Realism for the RP it comes off as a break from immersion. It happened at the last Kidnapped event I attended and it stems usually from the players having nothing to do OOCly. Prisoners playing Patty-cake, -Sparing- or truth or dare is just I don't know it doesn't make sense to me. I understand you must pass time but If I was kidnapped against my will, I'd be worried for my life, trying to survive and wondering if I'd ever see my family. I foresee a lot of depressed characters, and a lot of anguish. People possibly talking about their lives to others, perhaps making strong bonds. Playing Nursery games just doesn't seem fitting.

Also Too many Unwilling Guards. The ratio is easily 3 to 1 and some of the unwilling guards aren't guards at all. They're just hanging outside the cage, with their other Unwilling guard friends criticzing the other willing guards. The Unwilling guards should be heavily conflicted, knowing that they hate their job but -have- to do it for their life. No open back talk or even obvious dislike for their position. A great example of how to play an Unwilling guard I'd say was Krilari Dawnsend Kidnapped 2. Krilari was conflicted heavily, I could see it from Jid's perspective and I was unaware that he was unwilling until the end of the event. As in. He was a guard first and foremost still played by the rules but had hints of compassion. There needs to be more weight for the characters actions. Prisoners shouldn't be told we can't kill you because now they're like #$@$ it. I wish a guard would kill me because they will get in trouble. Which leads the prisoners to jump from -fatigued- -malnourished- -grief stricken- to taunting bad asses.

The unwilling guards also know that they won't -really- get their collar detonated so sure they'll feed the prisoners and even have long conversations through the cage about how they wish to be free and turn things around. Right in front of willing guards. which should be an automatic torture/discipline/collar asplode. Making the Unwillings to have to go about it secretively.

Next time i would suggest either no Unwillings or only a few. They become counter productive prisoners who just pop up and get in the way. More and more through out the event I see new Unwilling guards not doing anything just amassing to the side that will eventually be the take over. And I think that's a problem everyone wants to be a hero or apart of the liberation squad that leads this camp into justice. Which is -awesome- but...everybody can't be that guy. So when 6+ people are stepping on each others toes for badass rights, it gets messy.

The Intrigues have always been an issue, I didn't get mine last time and I signed up early. I don't really care for them because we can make up our own reason why were there with a little insight and it wont cause this problem. You over work yourself lady, Trying to make a custom intrigue for 10+ chars let alone 20+ is just too much for you to do + run the event, have multiple characters in it, GM and deal with the drama we will bring everyday.

Bring the Gruesome! Its Kidnapped: I mean in no way shape or form to attack the players I will allude to. I respect you both on this server don't feel I'm a better RPer than anyone but I will say my part. Cerice came in and Blood Boiled a dude right off the jump. Guy shrugs it off as if he was 'warmed' up. People underestimate the pain of a blood boil. Now I'm not saying your crippled but damnit your blood is over 212 F. or 100C thats ridiculously hot. You would at least fall to your knees. At -least-, depending on duration and severity but Blood Boil in its truest form would probably cause brain damage. No one is trying to take it that far but its a spell that should be acknowledged.

Also there was a char who got an eye gouged. And afterwards hopped back up. I found that a little odd. I also understand we have a respect rule and char warnings, This part admittingly and I'm not trying to start anything I was ignorant to because I wasn't there. But the scenario as presented to me was poor choices were made ICly. And because of that a death was coming justifiably. Now allegedly a Char warning was issued but due to the goofy chat channels in the area it wasn't conveyed so an imminent death was avoided. I think the GM's should ( yourself included ) put the foot down and stop catering to our whims -all- the time. yeah I said it. If you're going to cater to us give us dragons.. Oh you did that? Give us Class vari- Hmm...Did that too. New RP loc- okay so we're spoiled. But When we do something that grants death, or merits it. -YOU- all are the staff, you make the decisions. If I die because I was an ORc who walked into Elwynn I don't need a char warning. Thats just death by action.

Also....I wanted to leave the event, I probably bothered some of my fellow guildies and Kidnappers by my growing dislike for the direction the event was going because of the aforementioned issues. But then Ms. Box you threw me for a loop. First of all you denied Cerice's exit to the event which I was trying to get out of ICly and not Retcon her presence but you forced me to stay ( I would've left If I wanted to -that- badly so forced isn't the right word ) and I got to see a super awesome turn of events. The Death of the Faceless. Now a whole new aspect of this event I've never saw before is happening. The prisoners are free! Everyone is now trapped in a building slowly dying with bad blood amongst each other. To Survive they must work together and get out. Such an awesome plot twist that has made up for most of the previous issues. I just hope the Unwilling guards + Prisoners don't maim/kill the 4 - 8 loyal people Faceless has.

But its vs Fun. I nitpicked but theres a lot of immense char development going on and people never know whats next. I've caught myself laughing out loud numerous times by Thragash, Caravan, Krona and a few others. But I've been irritated a tad more, this new revelation however has me sealed and with all that said I look forward to Kidnapped 5 and whatever you do in the future. You really need to take the reins and become active at leading storylines because you're really good at it. I just think since you're a loveable ball of win sometimes you don't put the foot down when you should.
The Family Tree

TheBook of ThePharaoh

Pharaoh's Colosseum

The Four Suns Inn

"What are we, as role-players, if not authors in real time?" - MrBubbles

"I've always treated Role-play as Collaborative Writing. Co-authoring the stories of your characters, alongside other people." - Flammos200
(04-11-2012, 07:31 AM)ThePharaoh Wrote: Also there was a char who got an eye gouged. And afterwards hopped back up. I found that a little odd. I also understand we have a respect rule and char warnings, This part admittingly and I'm not trying to start anything I was ignorant to because I wasn't there. But the scenario as presented to me was poor choices were made ICly. And because of that a death was coming justifiably. Now allegedly a Char warning was issued but due to the goofy chat channels in the area it wasn't conveyed so an imminent death was avoided. I think the GM's should ( yourself included ) put the foot down and stop catering to our whims -all- the time. yeah I said it. If you're going to cater to us give us dragons.. Oh you did that? Give us Class vari- Hmm...Did that too. New RP loc- okay so we're spoiled. But When we do something that grants death, or merits it. -YOU- all are the staff, you make the decisions. If I die because I was an ORc who walked into Elwynn I don't need a char warning. Thats just death by action.

I have to say I've had chars maimed and dismembered many times in RP and at this point I'm a little tired of trying to make it dramatic and painful. Perhaps it's just all the guro stuff I've dealt with that I've become desensitized to things like that. I honestly don't know what an eye gouge or a limb being chopped off feels like but I'm not really interested in emoting "oh the pain, oh the agony."

I think the character warning thing is conflicting. Sometimes it is obvious but sometimes it's not. I know I've had chars with IC intent to kill but I rarely put forth character warnings. And you know what? There's tons of times when people set up PVP fights and it works out in the end that even if people want to kill one another they don't die and there's some excuse for it. I thought when they locked me in a cage to be "punished" it was just one of those beat-up and pride hurt. I also thought they really wouldn't put guards out for death at least without telling us first (which I was not told).

I've seen issues in the past where people say that a situation should merit death but it's not really fair if someone else doesn't OOCly expect it. I think there is a difference between an orc in Elwynn and a prisoner riot. Not say that Jen won't be facing her comeuppance at some point, but I wasn't really jumping into that rp with knowledge of a character warning. I probably would have acted as Talys did if I knew, which then goes to this point; there wouldn't even have been that fight if I knew, and that situation. I know some people are hung up on it but I've heard some GMs worry about setting a precedent that if you're surrounded by players that ICly hate you you should die anyways even without an warning put down.

I actually don't mind the players playing games and doing the patty-cake stuff. I know it may seem to break the immersion but I think it's just so hard to spend hours upon hours just rocking around, rping out an anxiety attack or something. While it may be more realistic I just couldn't see myself doing that and having as much fun with the other players. There are tense moments but I personally wouldn't want to focus every single waking moment and interaction on panicking.
Quote:I think the character warning thing is conflicting. Sometimes it is obvious but sometimes it's not. I know I've had chars with IC intent to kill but I rarely put forth character warnings. And you know what? There's tons of times when people set up PVP fights and it works out in the end that even if people want to kill one another they don't die and there's some excuse for it. I thought when they locked me in a cage to be "punished" it was just one of those beat-up and pride hurt. I also thought they really wouldn't put guards out for death at least without telling us first (which I was not told).

I've seen issues in the past where people say that a situation should merit death but it's not really fair if someone else doesn't OOCly expect it. I think there is a difference between an orc in Elwynn and a prisoner riot. Not say that Jen won't be facing her comeuppance at some point, but I wasn't really jumping into that rp with knowledge of a character warning. I probably would have acted as Talys did if I knew, which then goes to this point; there wouldn't even have been that fight if I knew, and that situation. I know some people are hung up on it but I've heard some GMs worry about setting a precedent that if you're surrounded by players that ICly hate you you should die anyways even without an warning put down.

You were actually given a Character Warning when that happened, heh. I understand if you didn't see it, though it was given in Raid Chat when it happened. In the end, the people by the gate would've pulled in to prevent Character Death, however. Else, I would've said something. But, the people inside the cage did give out a Character Warning. Just putting that out there.
It was not given in raid chat and actually pointed out after the fight in raid something along the lines of "Crap, she wasn't in that channel."

And I expected when I had a lesson to learn it was more the get beat down and lick the wounds. I actually did make it to the gate before falling but I think you AFKd before opening it. I dunno, I just expected an entirely different scenario in my mind when this happened, especially with the lack of character warning.

Edit: I'm pretty sure one didn't come up in raid but the text does flood. I think it was established in the future that CWs should be given through PMs and the other clearly consents or responds back.
It was my understanding that there was a standing CW for all entering the event (that was addressed in raid warning at the very beginning set-up) for anything short of death.
[Image: 0f084241-4e8f-4ebc-9f46-e942e4c544a8_zps7e42bd8f.jpg]
Maybe but I've seen some people turning them down when given out, so I think the regular character warning rules stand.
I know I probably seem like I've been complaining a lot about things in this event but I wanted to be honest and upfront about certain things. I don't know if they'll be valid because you say things will happen soon, which is cryptic, but I do trust that you'll find a way to fix these things.

I just feel like there's too much of this going on. It's hard to explain but I feel like the reasons made to cover every method of escape just feel like a line of excuses for why we'd stay in there. It just feels like there's a tedious checklist of things that say we have no way out ever when the area is actually pretty huge and I just couldn't see every single hole being possibly plugged up. I also get confused in that we're apparently underground and at the same time have open sky in some places but apparently there's indestructible fences (an example of a deus ex made to cover up the unsolvable problem of them being able to get out there).

I feel like the disease is another one that confuses me because it feels like a forced mechanism of urgency. Was it created by the organization there? Why does it effect undead as a respiratory disease? Is it magical?

I guess if I had a way to sum it up I think there's a lot of ways to make these simpler and less confusing. It just feels like there has to be a checklist of the things and the setting we're dealing with when in the earlier events it was as simple as being stuck in the basement and the environment was controlled by the NPCs and a few wards. I think if the factors in place were the people forcing you to be there than some inescapable environment, it'd pose less questions like, "Can we use the cannons to break this wall? Can we climb out through here?" and so on.