The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Deadeye Watchers Event Feedback
Rowgen and I would really appreciate some feedback on our events. There's a list here. Specifically, the Felwood campaign; all of the events have been entirely my own except for the most recent, Wrath and Fury - that's Rowgen's.

We don't want you to follow a template or mark us on stuff, and please be as honest as possible. We won't get insulted. There were some major issues in Wrath and Fury, ones which we assure you won't reoccur next time around, but giving us your own opinion on the event will help us make it all better.
[Image: RtK7PiZ.png]
Hey, I'm the crappiest DM around and this is my favorite thread on the Forum. Cheers! o/
[Image: 6RpTZgI.gif]
*Cracks knuckles*

Alright, lets get down to it eh?

First off, I will say you lot have done a good job. Most of the time, -Most of the Time-, you include everyone equally and efficiently into the story progression and storyline. Which is impressive. But.. Your attempts at the larger scale events including more people have started to become troubling. You still have the sign ups, so its not like your saying "EVERYONE COME JOIN NAOW" but you seem to be taking on a lot. More then 5 people is harder to control, but you do so well, and normally don't give off the generic 'oh this guy dies from so and so's attack' and put thought into the response emote. It's hard to do with more and more people, but you still do it anyway.

Secondly, the storyline is great. Yeah, I had input and helped with direction (In fact I believe this personal enemies for characters was my idea, but don't take my word for it) you and Rowgen have done an amazing job. If it was indeed my idea, you took it above and beyond what I was thinking and expecting with this recent event.

Which brings me to the third point. You had a bit of an issue with the third event. No sugar coating, you messed up a bit, and it ended with some people being disappointed with what happened. -That said- not only did you fix it, but you ended the event quiet.. Not gracefully, the demon burned, but.. Firey. Not a pun, but you made it hot. You burned me with pure awesomeness. My eyes caught on fire as I gazed upon the screen. I couldn't help bu-

All and all, you did a good job. And I know you both pretty well. The nubs you are for being a friend of mine, and how I know you'll get chur s--t down.

Hope ya enjoyed (Sorry for the bad puns)
-Kyle (erm, Kage to those who don't know)
(10-12-2012, 01:19 PM)KageAcuma Wrote: More then 5 people is harder to control

Yep, that was one point we've agreed on and started working towards some fixes for that.

(10-12-2012, 01:19 PM)KageAcuma Wrote: In fact I believe this personal enemies for characters was my idea, but don't take my word for it

I don't know - you and Rowgen invited me in when it was started. I know you've had some input, and it was a great idea - thanks!

(10-12-2012, 01:19 PM)KageAcuma Wrote: Which brings me to the third point. No sugar coating, you messed up a bit, and it ended with some people being disappointed with what happened.

Duly noted - this was largely my fault. I don't know if I just misread or there was some communication error, but I can assure you it won't happen again.

Thanks for the feedback, Kage!
From the other side of the screen, I believe I ought to feedback myself some. Keep in mind, these events - this storyline - is a Beta test. I appreciate all the feedback I can get, so I can take it into account before I make a new event.

Firstly; Co-DMing

I believe this was a mistake. While DMing so many mobs at a time can be difficult and hectic, I feel its easier to keep in control of the event without having to double-check my plans on a regular basis. This is not to say that I won't use this again, but not in the same way. If we ever co-DM again, we will have two separate raids to limit the player-per-DM ratio.

Secondly; Combat

I believe we need to establish a few set regulations for combat. Just to make a pure example;
  • Players are sent in groups, two-by-two or three-by-three, based on numbers.
  • The DM emotes defense and attack of Demons in one turn. Either all Demons have the same turn, or they are split in two groups if there are two DMs.
  • Long emotes are best used sparingly, to add some hilarity or intensity to the fight. A simple hit isn't a big deal, but kills and insta-kills deserve something to tease the players.
  • Roll +40 is hit, +70 is crit and +90 is insta-kill.
  • The players can trust health, but not defense. They roll to see if they were hit. A round goes like this: Players Attack -> Demons Defend & Attack -> Players Defend.
  • Overall, the only DM-emotes worth paragraph's length are story-based emotes.

Thirdly; Fairness

I believe that while we managed to give everyone a fairly decent role to play in the event, even though it focused on Rekka, but we can do better. Corlmitz got to save the scouts and nearly chop his leg off, Orvisha got to almost kill the imp who ran for backup and Kag'rin got to stare dumbly around and bark orders. Thun'tuk got to notice the Dread Lord early on, before the rest of the party got to encounter the Dread Lord... Still, that leaves a few players who didn't get anything special. That's a bit unfortunate.

All in all, this was the worst event I've hosted. It can only get better from this point. :D
[Image: 6RpTZgI.gif]
Honestly, you saw it was the worst you've ever hosted but I had a ton of fun. I'm usually not big on events, I sigh and roll my eyes due to the mass confusion and unorganized way people work them. But. I happened to like this one, quite a bit. It wasn't super srsfaise. I enjoyed reading everyone's emotes and laughing at the way everyone teased each other. Kag'rin with the Imp was down right hilarious.

With combat events, it's usually stale until that players turn comes around. Not with this event, I was having a good time the whole way through. Combat was fun, I personally like the emote then roll system with trust defense. Plain in simple, I hate events. They confuse me and most of the time too much going on at once. This one? I didn't feel that way, I adored it and would attend anything the Dead Eyes host in the future. You guys put a lot of work into this; so don't be so hard on your selves!

All in all, great job! I'll keep an eye out for things in the future. Hope this made y'all feel a bit better about the event!
[Image: nFHwPlil.jpg]
To those that attended tonight's event, please make a post. Thank you.
I, honestly, liked the diversity and the fact that it wasn't, like most other guilds' events, necesarilly important and connected to the storyline; it seemed to have been random, but in tune with the recent events nonetheless. In other, not as positive words, a filler.

As for your DMing, I really don't have anything to comment. It was average for an event, but great for a filler, which is supposed to be devoid of extra-flashy events. Kudos. And send some for Spiky too.
Bumping for relevance.
Might I suggest cutting down on jokes in DM responses in larger, key events like last night? Not to say you aren't funny as all f-, Rowgen, but it sort of skews the mood. Sort of hard to get into the fear that a Dreadlord should bring with Pimpguard and his Succub*tches on the ridge behind. Though, I think your intentions are (rightly) to cut down on potential OOC tension with humor. We all know how snippy peoply might get with bad rolls and whatnot. Still, for larger events, I'd keep the jokes to party. Smaller ones, meme-away.

Other than that, no critiques!
[Image: tumblr_nfm4t0FZcT1rtcd58o1_r1_500.gif]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cappn Feedback 4: Feedback 4Ever CappnRob 1 4,611 08-19-2014, 03:34 PM
Last Post: Zenethen
  Rain on the Mountains Event feedback! Franksta96 9 2,296 04-05-2014, 09:14 PM
Last Post: Thoradin
  Deadeye Watchers Feedback Rowgen 7 1,215 08-15-2012, 03:03 PM
Last Post: Kage
  The Purge Event Feedback (and other stuff)! JVNemesis 19 3,798 11-04-2011, 04:36 AM
Last Post: SachikoMaeda
  Feedback and suggestions for future event hosting ImagenAshyun 0 675 07-12-2011, 12:29 PM
Last Post: ImagenAshyun