The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "fragment" - Line: 1494 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 1494 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 1640 postParser->mycode_parse_video
[PHP] postParser->mycode_parse_video_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 513 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 228 postParser->parse_mycode
/inc/functions_post.php 817 postParser->parse_message
/showthread.php 1118 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key 0 - Line: 1587 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1587 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 1640 postParser->mycode_parse_video
[PHP] postParser->mycode_parse_video_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 513 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 228 postParser->parse_mycode
/inc/functions_post.php 817 postParser->parse_message
/showthread.php 1118 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Feedback for Scow2
I figure I've played with enough people now on enough characters to warrant one of these threads. For those who've played with any of my characters, let me know what you thought!

Character list:

Telathis - Human warrior
Madaga - Tauren Warrior
Mahija - Tauren Huntress
Cereman & Mal Stormrage - Night Elf hunter and his Nightsaber friend.
While Cereman is a very silly character... I liked him. I think he's got potential to become something really awesome, if given the time and chance to develop! At first, I'll admit I thought he was a really clumsily made character, but as I RPed with him I kinda found he wasn't bad at all. Maybe some Night Elf enthusiasts would tear their hair out at the very first, but I think he's good anyway! :)
[Image: 6RpTZgI.gif]
I have not had the pleasure since that first RP with Telanthis but I would indeed say that I was impressed considering that it was your first RP on the server. While different from my general play style in some regards, it brought back a nostalgia of my early days here on COTH in more ways than I could explain in words. Never stop taking steps to improve your writing and RP abilities. That goes to everyone who reads this as well.
[Image: stonetalon-mountains.jpg?w=760]
(11-02-2012, 11:32 AM)Rowgen Wrote: While Cereman is a very silly character... I liked him. I think he's got potential to become something really awesome, if given the time and chance to develop! At first, I'll admit I thought he was a really clumsily made character, but as I RPed with him I kinda found he wasn't bad at all. Maybe some Night Elf enthusiasts would tear their hair out at the very first, but I think he's good anyway! :)
Well, he was inspired by another character that I saw, as a reaction about Night Elf age and mental capacity. I guess ideally I'd have made a more traditional Night Elf to venture onto the server, I figured the story of the Night Elves that haven't had a long life before being hit by mortality needed to be told. Also, it allows a bit of exploration of what I think Night Elves are like before age mellows them.

(11-02-2012, 11:49 AM)Nikodemos Wrote: I have not had the pleasure since that first RP with Telanthis but I would indeed say that I was impressed considering that it was your first RP on the server. While different from my general play style in some regards, it brought back a nostalgia of my early days here on COTH in more ways than I could explain in words. Never stop taking steps to improve your writing and RP abilities. That goes to everyone who reads this as well.
Took me a moment to remember this. xD Rescuing Corporal Keeshan was fun, but certainly not the usual RP style on this server. I've kinda swung back toward more 'traditional' text-driven RP, but I'm trying to figure out how to merge the two styles into something that's fun, organic, and takes advantage of the mixed graphic-and-text medium of a 3-D real-time MMO engine.
Personally, I believe that when you create a character that breaks from the norm of a race, you have to do particularly a lot of study into the race's Lore and culture. When you make an outsider character you don't only have to explain how he is, but how he came to become different. For instance, I did some research into Night Elf Lore prior to creating my Linevi, because I knew she'd be different. But yes, you've done it pretty well ( and I saw you were looking at NElf guides earlier ) so nothing to complain about there. :)
[Image: 6RpTZgI.gif]
I was mostly looking at the guide for anything along the lines of "A day in the life"... but there is almost no information on what Night Elves are actually like before they've lived forever, leading me to want to create a character that allows exploration of that concept.

Either he'll eventually mellow out and start acting/looking like a more typical Night Elf as he matures (Though not during the period of time this server covers - it'll be years)... unless he decides he likes the Dwarves of Ironforge, to the point of becoming Elf King of the Dwarves in 10,000 years (Too far in advance to actually worry about).
Bumping for feedback on Madaga or Cereman! And let me know if you were one of the ones I RPed with last night dealing with the stolen motorcycle and trek from Felwood to Orgrimmar so I can return the feedback favor!
...I really don't understand Madaga. At all. The Grimtotem tribe are considered barbarians, and don't give two-hoots about the Earth Mother.

But, Madaga? She seems to take that to an extreme, and I can't understand why. Not even the Grimtotem would rush to face a troop of demons in Felwood. Also, her humor seems...what's the word--modern? She throws around curses, farts...eh.

Also, your attitude could use some work. Your mockery of a certain system discussed in the CTI meeting, and of when we decided to run from the demons wasn't needed.
[Image: tumblr_nfm4t0FZcT1rtcd58o1_r1_500.gif]
(11-10-2012, 02:35 PM)c0rzilla Wrote: ...I really don't understand Madaga. At all. The Grimtotem tribe are considered barbarians, and don't give two-hoots about the Earth Mother.

But, Madaga? She seems to take that to an extreme, and I can't understand why. Not even the Grimtotem would rush to face a troop of demons in Felwood. Also, her humor seems...what's the word--modern? She throws around curses, farts...eh.
The word describing her humor is probably "Vulgar" and/or "Crass". Once I get around to posting a character sheet, it should explain a lot more.

And a lot of my OOC comments are actually quotes from somewhere else - My frequent "just a bunch of knuckleheads standing around talking" (And variations of that) comes from a line in No More Dead Dogs, the "Wait, something finally interesting happens and we're RUNNING from it?" comes from DM of the Rings... and I can't remember where the overly-drawn-out "IC currency needs to die" quote comes from, but I meant it as a joke.
The trick to using jokes in OOC is making sure everyone is in on the humor.

I call people losers, jerks and noobs OOC, but only people I'm -familiar- with, so they know I'm joking. When getting your feet wet, its best to be courteous, earnest, and polite. Ease yourself into familiarity.
Your stories will always remain...
[Image: nIapRMV.png?1]
... as will your valiant hearts.
In the future I would advise to keep in mind that toilet humor isn't for everyone and while nothing is stopping you from doing it sometimes it can get a little gross. I know I personally will log out of some rps if it gets to the point that it's more about how X character tries to do Y to disgust you.

That being said a few things bothered me about Madaga, first off there were a lot of emotes and hint-dropping that she was supposed to be a very strong and threatening warrior. It's a little pet peeve but I feel like it's done so many times that a player rolls a tauren solely so they can assume they are the strongest of the party and I feel like some of your emotes pointed towards this, and that your character could take on anything. Tauren can be strong and formidable but you have to keep in mind that characters are somewhat on an equal ground. In a party full of male orcs a tauren isn't really that much stronger and mighty (especially a female one, given their dimorphism).

I wouldn't take beating down any NPC in the given area as in-character. We base a lot of our character strength off of things separate from the game mechanic. So being a level 80 isn't really being like a level 80 in game. It is passable for wild life but I think you mentioned beating down and killing demons casually as well.

I know it might have been interesting to fight the demons but when there is an OOC warning it's usually best to heed it. I mean, it would also be interesting to do something like invade Goldshire but that doesn't mean we would have a margin of success and be able to live. The thing is is that the rp here.. isn't as forgiving as some situations WILL get you killed and an army of demons is one. They aren't really something you can casually beat down.

Sorry if the advice seems scattered(I'm a little sick), this was based off of yesterday's rp. I would also agree with c0rzilla that the crassness felt out of place for a tauren.
Well, nice to know Madaga's personality and physicality is showing through, though not so nice knowing it's not appreciated.

I'm still working on her profile, which is proving a bit problematic to put into words since she's like an ogre/onion/cake/parfait - so many layers!

While the average female tauren is not much stronger than a male orc (But still is, due to the size difference - the male orc could probably use his strength better, though), Madaga is both larger and significantly stronger than even the average tauren because of her violent lifestyle, excessive abuse of strength-enhancing potions, and even a touch of fel corruption (From making potions out of Felwood's corrupted plants). And for taking on felwood - While the whole demon army was well beyond her ability (I only saw three of the things at first, and it took me a while to see just how HUGE they were), the average beasts in Felwood are... not so much. I'm not going by the game mechanics - I'm going by "Madaga is a drug-pumped bloodthirsty behemoth"
I have a bit of advice about the strength potion stuff. To add some balance, why not have Madaga's endurance suffer, even though it might give her that burst of strength? Sort of like steroids in real life. Though, I'm not a pharmacist and it's been forever since I've read about steroids.
[Image: tumblr_nfm4t0FZcT1rtcd58o1_r1_500.gif]
Should have charged the demons I was puppeting.

I mean.

What's the worst that could happen?
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
(11-11-2012, 10:07 AM)Xigo Wrote: Should have charged the demons I was puppeting.

I mean.

What's the worst that could happen?
Warning: Bright lights and potentially disturbing content, do not view if explosions offend you.
Spoiler:
Hand me some feedback!
Spoiler:
Quote:I don’t want you to protest,
I don’t want you to riot,
I don’t want you to write to your congressman because I wouldn’t know what to tell you to write.
I don’t know what to do about the depression and
the inflation and the crime in the Streets.
All I know is that first, you’ve got to get mad.

You’ve got to say:
I’m a Human being God damn it !
*MY LIFE HAS VALUE!*

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cappn Feedback 4: Feedback 4Ever CappnRob 1 4,611 08-19-2014, 03:34 PM
Last Post: Zenethen