The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Active Regimes
As I have decided to return alongside a group of old friends of mine, I'd like to inquire about the state of the server and the current regimes and practices that exist here. To put it short and simple, I'm wondering the following questions and would appreciate responses to it, as I am still in talks with the aforementioned group about what to do when all of our clients are downloaded and prepared. Although some of the group are current and active members, we would still like to outsource some knowledge about what direction this server has taken and where we might best be suited. We have a variation of ideas, but some are dependent on other guilds and activities. Thus I've compiled three questions which should, ideally, allow me to comprehend the server's status, and will allow us, from there, to continue in the right direction. Consider this a "watershed moment" thread, for us.

What are the common hubs? That is, where do the active population tend to crowd at, from continents to specific towns or districts?

What guilds are dominant? Are house guilds popular or are people more focused on militaristic regiments, or are there specific monopolising groups out there?

What is the state of serious encounters? Asides from the commonplace comic relief, are the reasonable opportunities for in-depth, emotional and, of most preference, political encounters?
"Murder is merciful, when vengeance can be so much more."
1) Currently, the RP is dominated by Kidnapped. However, before this I remember the majority of tavern RP being at the Sable Dragon inn in Dalaran. However, there was also some RP at Astranaar and Silvermoon.

2) Currently, I'd say that the main ones are militaristic. You have the Blood Knights, which is mid-way through an event, along with the Regiment (Dwarven) and the Black Harvest starting back up.

3) This, I'm not so sure about. Currently, the most emotions are probably happening at Kidnapped, but I think the signup for that is closed.
(06-26-2013, 07:33 AM)FlyingSquirrel Wrote: 1) Currently, the RP is dominated by Kidnapped. However, before this I remember the majority of tavern RP being at the Sable Dragon inn in Dalaran. However, there was also some RP at Astranaar and Silvermoon.

2) Currently, I'd say that the main ones are militaristic. You have the Blood Knights, which is mid-way through an event, along with the Regiment (Dwarven) and the Black Harvest starting back up.

3) This, I'm not so sure about. Currently, the most emotions are probably happening at Kidnapped, but I think the signup for that is closed.

For number 3, Kidnapped is still allowing late applications, I believe, since it's a two-week event.
I'm not quite focused on short-term events, but what is coinciding with it, if that is understandable. I'd rather not plan characters for something that will be redundant in about a week's time after this petulant client has downloaded. Upon inspection of the "Kidnapped" event, it doesn't seem to be a cup of tea for me as it stifles the opportunities the real world can bring. Whilst I have had thrilling fun with similar scenarios, I'd need a developed character to get involved with something along those lines.
I feel this deserves a bump - I have a feeling the server is quite dormant, or is that just the forums?
Forums. People are over Kidnapped a lot.
Spoiler:
[Image: tumblr_lho5ae3Fu31qe94fqo1_400.gif]
Dormant? Not hardly.

You can click on account management and you can see who all is online and at what times. You can even see their guild tags.

Human/Worgen is big; blood elf is big; Sable Dragon Inn is a player run tavern so when one of us is on our staff characters it can become busy and then of course there is Kidnapped.

The only RP that is hard to find is orc/tauren/troll. However, with the goblins being semi-popular it is easy enough to find Horde RP if you ask.
I appreciate the "Account Management" hint - I'm going to take a well-educated guess and assume that Deadwind Pass is the locale for the Kidnapped event. I'm not so much a fan of the Horde, so there's no love lost there. Although I've forever been Alliance, I might get a few comrades inclined for some Horde action to stimulate that side of the spectrum. We shall see!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Active Noble House Index DaveM 10 2,776 06-15-2012, 03:15 AM
Last Post: Sol
  The whole "active on forums" thing Mirivian 9 1,943 08-10-2011, 01:44 PM
Last Post: Reigen
  I wont be as active no more Teacake 7 1,408 10-02-2009, 12:29 PM
Last Post: Teacake
  Less Active Maxwell 0 695 04-25-2009, 11:13 AM
Last Post: Maxwell
  Active RP Guilds? Dekkz 4 1,142 12-14-2008, 01:50 PM