The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Cataclysm and when we are in it.
I have no idea where in Cata we are.

Beginning of it? Did Deathwing just recently break out of the ground somewhere? Stuff been happening?

Or, like WotLK, are we at the end already. All threats and issues dealt with?

Seriously, I have no idea.
Do you have what it takes to join the Fighting Blues?
Do you have what it takes to defend your homeland?
Will you stand up in defense of the innocent? The weak?
Will you stand up in defense of Justice and the Law?

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRVE3uy8TjirssygDEKMi2...Ia13_WYQpw]

We're at what's roughly 4 months post-Cata. Rigley made a thread to help everyone get their bearings.

http://www.conquestofthehorde.com/Thread...rting-Lore
Nothing has happened yet, the dam at Loch Modan broke because I stood upon it and it couldn't handle my swag.
Allons-y!

[Image: awesome-mario-gif.gif]

Have you hugged a dwarf today?
Do we advance the lore at all, or is it static. If we do, how often then?
(07-05-2013, 05:49 PM)FlootsyGaz Wrote: Do we advance the lore at all, or is it static. If we do, how often then?

During the Wrath of the Lich King, we would have periodic server restarts, and would treat these as the time jumps. So, if the server were to restart tomorrow, then we would jump from the current position to, I'unno, about a week after Deathwing was killed? Enough for the people on the server to know ICly, but there still be reason for celebration.

My memory's still a wee bit fuzzy, though, so if anyone sees that I messed up anything just say.
As to what @FlyingSquirrel said, that was pretty much the whole of Wrath.

The most I can really recall in terms of furthering server Lore with events in accordance to current WoW-lore was a few pre-Cata events. Such as the reclamation of Hearthglen by the Argent Crusade.

Other than that I... can't think of much. It was just stated after a restart that "THE LICH KING IS DEAD. COMMENCE THE BOOGYING." Okay, maybe not to that extent, but close enough.

Hopefully Cata will be different, letting players and GM's do events to further the lore as time goes on. At least until we get closer to Mists of Pandaria.
Do you have what it takes to join the Fighting Blues?
Do you have what it takes to defend your homeland?
Will you stand up in defense of the innocent? The weak?
Will you stand up in defense of Justice and the Law?

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRVE3uy8TjirssygDEKMi2...Ia13_WYQpw]

You'll know you're getting close to Mists of Pandaria the moment you jump off the Skybreaker on Deathwing's back. That's the moment when the Skybreaker crashes into the floating Wandering Isle.
We were in Wrath for nearly 5+ years. Don't expect Cata to come and go in the blink of an eye. As for how the story campaign will progress, well that's really the responsibility of the staff and the player base to decide. I would stress how rewarding running such lore events can be, as most who experienced the "Elemental Unrest" and other such events over the years already know. I would also like to stress that it is not merely the staff's responsibility to organize such events. You don't have to recreate the journey to Deepholm or the end game scenario. Something as small as the cave in at the Ironband digsite releasing angry stone troggs upon the excavators can be a rewarding storyline for both the DM and those involved. It's early, think small.
[Image: stonetalon-mountains.jpg?w=760]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Returning Player - from before Cataclysm ghaskan 6 1,510 12-06-2013, 07:41 AM
Last Post: ghaskan
  Cataclysm and TRP2 SachikoMaeda 11 2,703 05-02-2013, 09:08 AM
Last Post: Maarten
  Characters of Cataclysm! Hawk 36 6,672 02-17-2013, 10:36 AM
Last Post: Sol
  A Matter of Life And Death (Cataclysm Forsaken Questions) Sol 4 1,370 11-21-2011, 11:23 AM
Last Post: Dae
  Rolling a Gilnean before Cataclysm ImagenAshyun 6 1,259 10-13-2011, 07:26 PM
Last Post: PurgatoryDuck