The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

A re-introduction.
Hey there. It's, well, it's certainly been a while, and you'll have to excuse me if this thread sucks.

I guess I'm the online community equivalent of someone who's just been released from jail, but with less baggage and a low potential for recidivism. Since I like this analogy, I'll only use it as a crutch for the rest of this paragraph (if you love it, let it go) and say that the sights evoke similar nostalgia.

I'm certain that outside of five users, nobody'll even know who I am, but I think it's the sentiment of me writing this that's important. As you've probably figured, I was banned for being a troublemaker almost three years ago. To my detriment, I've only come back and appealed it this week - I don't know how many people weighed on it, but I'd like to thank them, specifically, for letting me back in!

The ban, just to assuage any anxiety about me, was half-voluntary. The other half was because I was a big troublemaker for the mods. Moving on, though, I'd like to say hi to everyone. So, the thread proper'll start after the next two line breaks!

I'm Maulbane! I joined 'round 2009 and participated in the community for about two years, contributing where I could. Back then, my three most played characters were a Tauren, Human and Undead, and it's possible you RPed with them if you joined before mid-2010, in which case that'd be awesome. I provided some long-running IC threads back when prestige titles were a thing, but that's embarrassing. It'll probably come up in google, though, if you're interested (you shouldn't!). Otherwise, I dabbled in a horde of small alts to help people out, most of which I fail to remember the names of.

I spent my time on a few other communities, helping the development of "New Chapter" (which became "Prologue", dunno if it's still up or not) and then mainly played public games on Cortex (an RP engine for SC2). Otherwise, I did ordinary human stuff. Luckily, all this means that while I'm probably now as good as a† corpse when it comes to the ins and outs of the technical side of WoW RP, I've improved at the actual RP part. On top of that, I'd like to think I've mellowed out considerably (mellowed may not be the right word, but I'll roll with it) since I got the boot. All this combined should mean I'm gonna be a lean, mean RPing machine. Mean meaning average, not mean meaning mean.

Having peeked around a bit, I'm glad that it seems that some awesome guild ideas (like this) have popped up and I've already begun machinations for characters to help out with those (or similar ones), and it seems that the latest Kidnapped just went as I arrived. Events are always a good sign for how things are going in a community, so I'm taking this as a good omen!

Anyway, I've already written/wrought far too many terrible words as it is, so thanks, anybody reading this. Have a wonderful day, but only on the first time reading this. Don't wanna upset the karmic balance or anything. Feel free to say whatever you want in here, be it positive or negative, I won't mind.

Maulbane!

† is representative of the few minutes I failed to find a good analogy.

Move him into the sun—
Gently its touch awoke him once,
At home, whispering of fields half-sown.
Always it woke him, even in France,
Until this morning and this snow.
If anything might rouse him now
The kind old sun will know.

Think how it wakes the seeds,—
Woke, once, the clays of a cold star.
Are limbs, so dear-achieved, are sides,
Full-nerved—still warm—too hard to stir?
Was it for this the clay grew tall?
—O what made fatuous sunbeams toil
To break earth’s sleep at all?
[Image: 62675bf4fd.jpg] [Image: 0e7357dcfe.jpg]
[Image: m-heart_zpsbc5ebf59.png]
Welcome back.
<Insert excited squealing here!>

Dude! Hi! Again!
As someone wise once said, the important thing is never to be fearless or confident. Most people have more than enough trouble with both. The trick is to fake it, because if you learn to fake it properly, it's the same thing as actually having confidence.
Spoiler:
[Image: c4i6Zq5.png]
I have not met you before, but welcome back nonetheless! <3
Welcome back, Maulnub!

(Posted from teh phonez!)
Nubane.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

(07-14-2013, 04:13 PM)Kretol Wrote: Maulnub!

(07-14-2013, 05:14 PM)Rensin Wrote: Nubane.

Crawlinggg innn myy skiiiiinnnn

Move him into the sun—

Sheesh, long time no see!
[Image: wMRLoCF.gif]
I was just thinking about you, too. Good to see you're back.
[Image: lichkingfell.png]
(07-14-2013, 08:59 PM)Moose Wrote: I was just thinking about you, too. Good to see you're back.

[Image: brucewillisdoubletake.gif]
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Moderators?! I'm being mercilessly bullied here by someone called "Rensin". If a man isn't safe in his own thread (his own sovereign land!) then where is he safe?!

Just realised that the gif is about Moose - and just realised that Moose is back! This thread is now dedicated to Moose.

Move him into the sun—

(07-14-2013, 08:59 PM)Moose Wrote: I was just thinking about you, too. Good to see you're back.

Whoa whoa whoa.. Rensin's gif explains what I just did.

(and welcome back, Maulbane. :P)
Frogspawned: RAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!
Frogspawned: Frogspawned flips a table.
Frogspawned: (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

FROG, STOP FLIPPING TABLES. YOU'RE MAKING A MESS.

Frogspawned: ┬─┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
Oh, Maulbane, ya old cow. Never thought I'd see you here again, but welcome back nonetheless!

Odd that I start considering coming back playing on the server and a lot of oldies like Maulbane and Moose turn up.
[Image: 293D4BE4-7170-4C2A-B8BF-7EA572513EBD.jpg]
Spoiler:
[Image: Lazuri65.png]
It always amazes me how many old people are still around or in returning loops.
All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare!