The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Magic tattoos?
I'm writing a backstory for one of my characters who has tattoos and was wondering if there was 'magic' tattoos in the WoW universe. Like in Dragon Age, Fenris' lyrium tattoos.
“Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children that dragons can be killed.”
— G.K. Chesterton

Spoiler:
[Image: tumblr_n9hl98KKPd1r4fnslo1_500.gif]

Have a puppy Ruby and a nice day.
Many exist!

First, you have the Demon Hunter. They bear fel-imbued tattoos, as part of their trials and initiation. Popular opinion is that the different colors and patterns mean/provide something, but that's contested. Then you have the Runemaster, who eschews armor and weaponry for the powers the runes on their skin provide. These rune tattoos do have varying shapes and powers.

As far as customized stuff...I am unsure.
[Image: tumblr_nfm4t0FZcT1rtcd58o1_r1_500.gif]
It's a fantasy world! There are several confirmed examples of magical tattoos, as Corzilla here has already stated.

I'd say feel free, as long as it doesn't get crazy.
Do you have what it takes to join the Fighting Blues?
Do you have what it takes to defend your homeland?
Will you stand up in defense of the innocent? The weak?
Will you stand up in defense of Justice and the Law?

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRVE3uy8TjirssygDEKMi2...Ia13_WYQpw]

^What c0r said. Argent Dawn Templars also get runic tattoos if they want to. It just depends on who your character is as to whether or not a magical tattoo would make sense. There are also tattoos that stay on for a while but fade away once they've seen their magical use. That's another option for something that's not as permanent.
[Image: anim_500.gif]
More about runes(kind of tattoos and graffitti): http://wowpedia.org/Rune_magic

Also, there's the inscriber class which uses the rune powers. They are the ones that would write runes on things. Runes vary A LOT. Your creativity is the limit, you could write a rune on your robe that would bring up a ward against fire upon activation. Or you can write a rune on the ground. The unfortunate who would step on it would activate it and get electrified or whatever you have in mind. Runes are very volatile but they shouldn't be abused. Like.. a rune tattoo that hardens your skin as if it was plate. I am sure you can make something fun up without being ridiculous. Good luck on the backstory~
Thanks everyone for the advice. She's a mage and I was just planning on having the tattoos act as sort of a focusing lens to help her channel her magic.
“Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children that dragons can be killed.”
— G.K. Chesterton

Spoiler:
[Image: tumblr_n9hl98KKPd1r4fnslo1_500.gif]

Have a puppy Ruby and a nice day.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Healing Magic requiem225 11 2,000 07-15-2012, 10:37 AM
Last Post: hiddengecko
  Lost limbs and magic/engineering. Good or bad? Saiyuu 39 5,941 12-27-2011, 10:27 AM
Last Post: c0rzilla
  Blood Magic (Again) McKnighter 0 711 11-14-2011, 08:01 PM
Last Post: McKnighter
  Something I Am Wondering (Magic) Zoldam 10 1,734 06-24-2011, 04:33 PM
Last Post: Adam255
  Question about Fel magic and effects in the body Saiyuu 14 2,022 05-01-2011, 11:28 AM
Last Post: Xigo