The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Positive RP Experiences
Here is a link to the old thread.

Let's throw this up, kids! Positive experiences that you've had in RP. It is always nice to say thanks to those people! Sometimes that can make someone's day!
[Image: anigif_mobile_9893b2566588ab845c7985f71769a9f2-7.gif]
Actually, one of the RPs that's stuck with me the longest was my first one. I rolled up this fresh Human Paladin named Danalthar and headed to Stormwind. I went there, and my character immediately called someone he didn't know by their first name. The person asked me how he knew their name, and when I said that he didn't, they were very kind and kind of explained why that wouldn't go and all that.

Unfortunately, I don't remember the person's name. Still, thanks to whoever that was. I suppose their nonchalance towards me being a beginner and their gentleness in explaining my mistake was probably what caused younger me to stay with CotH.
I believe one of my favorite experiences in Coth was in one of the Skin Thieves events. It was back when I had made Relki for the first time. For some reason in that even I just felt so -in- with the group. It was actual one of the places I got to meet with a lot of the members of the community officially.

Thank you all that made the experience awesome! :)
[Image: 20.jpg]
Want to send some Feedback? Go ahead!

[Image: 520a44a794fdb.jpg]

Really, there are so many experiences I've had here that it's difficult to remember them all. I'll probably only list some from the past year or so.

@Bovel - Not only was the Draenic Pilgrimage one of the most well constructed storylines that I've ever seen on the server (and in any of my RP on the net), but it's one that, if I'm to be honest, kept me on the server. The events were taking place during a difficult time in my life and since I wasn't finding much RP on the server, I was about to quit it and move on. But the pilgrimage pulled me back in and introduced me to a number of other players on the server that I hadn't played with before. Even if you had to pause it due to irl issues, it was an awesome series of events, and you do one heck of a job at DMing.

@Wuvvums & @Cerb57 - The adventure RP I had with Wuvvums and Gathanu was both memorable and helped me progress Geoni as a character (even if it had to do with him losing a lot of things). Thinking back on it, that RP reminds me that you don't need all of the bells and whistles that come with playing a wealthy/powerful character, and that some of the most satisfying RP can come from characters that only have the clothing on their backs. I need more of that kind of RP. @Mathias - Norell sort of connects to this RP in ways, and I've enjoyed the RP I've had between him and Geoni as well. There are a lot of characters that were in these RP sessions that need a reunion.

@Grakor456 - The storyline we had with Balgarn and Gurvok was some of the most satisfying RP I've had on the server.

@Krilari - I've enjoyed the reboot of The Argent Crusade so far. I had wanted to play Ce for a long time but never found a reason to, and now that there is, I'm pretty happy about it. I predicted that this guild would be something that allowed me to play him actively, and I was right. And there's so much more to happen for the guild and for my character, so I should thank you in both retrospect and ahead of time!

@Loxmardin & @Rigley & Anyone else involved in these - Kidnapped events and Skin Thieves 2 helped me figure out a number of different characters that I've played, and I'm sure I'm not the only person who was able to get to know other players on the server better due to big events like these.

@ImagenAshyun - I can't really pinpoint any too specific. But I've enjoyed all of the various RP sessions we've shared, and you put a lot of effort into thinking about interpreting culture found within the lore and, in interesting ways, inserting culture from the real world as well, and that's something I appreciate, because exploring cultural themes is one of my targets for social RP, and it's something that makes those calmer RP sessions refreshing.

@Vladdy - I thoroughly enjoy your belligerent, racist, and oddly lovable characters, along with your tendency to embrace the unexpected and make bold moves for both your own characters and characters who are close to them. These things have created some really memorable experiences on the server, especially those involving the Appleflow Family.

@CappnRob - Can't really pinpoint anything in specific for you either, but I appreciate your OOC excitement over whatever it is that's going on - it'd dare call it boisterous, but somehow it makes whatever is going on in the RP seem...more fun. An extremely positive attitude about something makes a difference.

There are a lot of people I'm not mentioning here. Part of it is because I enjoy most of the RP I get on this server, and another part of it is because I think there are people here who I'm sure I'll be able to make a similar post about in the future.

...feels like one big feedback post. In a good way.
[Image: anim_500.gif]
I just want to say thank you to @Krilari .

THIS IS WHY WE CANNOT HAVE NICE THINGS.

You know what I'm talking about.
[Image: anigif_mobile_9893b2566588ab845c7985f71769a9f2-7.gif]
@Loxmardin, KIDNAPPED. WE NEED MORE OF IT. I LOVED IT.

@c0rzilla, I really, really enjoyed Wolf Hunt, as it did give Ninde a large amount of development.

@ImagenAshyun, Whenever we RPed, it was always enjoyable, no matter how crazy a priorhand event might've been.

@MstrCorvus, @Morhana, both of you, you've provided some of the craziest, mind-scarring, and enjoyable RP I've had.

@Cerb57, @Alliicce, you two have probably been my best friends since the start of Cata, and have also provided some amazing RP.

@cartoonkarl, Alaine and Enfield have the greatest boss-lady/guard relationship evar.

…I'd name two others, but they're gone.
Perhaps it is your imperfection that which grants you free will, that allows you to persevere against cosmically calculated odds. You prevailed where the Titans' own perfect creations have failed.

- Algalon, The Observer
Anybody through my RP career that puts up with my characters' heroics?

Couldn't do it without you.
[Image: tumblr_nfm4t0FZcT1rtcd58o1_r1_500.gif]
@Loxmardin: Kidnapped was great, really helped expand on Balius' history and gave him great character development. Also, tense and exciting the entire two weeks of it. Met a lot of great people from the event and made even more storylines.

@cartoonKarl, @Brutalskars, and, @Harmonic: House Thelwind RP has some of the best RP I've had with you guys and I can't wait for more. It's just been a blast making and weaving plot-lines for our characters.

@c0rzilla: What can I say? I have three characters of mine that get involved with pretty much anything Roux is going through. You've helped me flesh out Saul and now I am pretty much in love with Old Ways Role-Play.

@Thoradin: First started Role-playing with you during the Tol'Barad events with Dayne. Those events were always fun and it's great that you made a toon for House Thelwind. With the Endeavor pirate role-play on the way, things are just getting better and better.

@WindZealot: We have so much RP together, House Thelwind, Solheim, Thornsong, Dawn's Reach, etc.... But anyways, it's been great and always looking for more.

@Rosencrat: The first interaction between Marianna and Dastin was a memorable one, that RP started as just trying to help Claremont with a break-in. It launched into having great adventures with the rest of Solheim.

@Krilari and @Ural: Winters and Thelwind interaction was always fun, really hope to have some more in the future. With the Argent Crusade RP and all, Luther finally gets some use, which is awesome.

@Geoni and @Wuvvums: Best Goblins roommates a Witch-Doctor can have. That nice adventure RP and lounging around Gathanu's home was nice and simple. Oh, and you two made me want to write up Gathanu's profile quickly because of all the fun we had!
"Leave now, mortal! The likes of you are forbidden in this land. You, who are powerless, are not worthy to set foot here." - Cerberus
(01-10-2014, 11:52 PM)c0rzilla Wrote: Anybody through my RP career that puts up with my characters' heroics?

WHAT ABOUT THOSE OF US THAT THROW THE HATE AT YOU? HUH?
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

(01-11-2014, 12:02 AM)Harmonic Wrote:
(01-10-2014, 11:52 PM)c0rzilla Wrote: Anybody through my RP career that puts up with my characters' heroics?

WHAT ABOUT THOSE OF US THAT THROW THE HATE AT YOU? HUH?

inside u lub me

Besides, it was only Terc who did that, so hah. Faelan doesn't count.
[Image: tumblr_nfm4t0FZcT1rtcd58o1_r1_500.gif]
@Zenethen, first and foremost I have to say thank you man. For damn you're the reason why I never left the server when I first joined. Day one I was able to slay a dire-troll David and Goliath style. From there you gave me something to do on my main character before I was even a grunt.

@Cappnrob and @ImagenAshyun, for some of the first RP I have had on the server. Hell, when I first joined I was rather naive to how a few things worked, even after combing the wiki. The both of you assisted me IC and essentially helped me get to understand the server a bit earlier then normal. All while not judging me... (Or silently judging me.) From there it was the interesting RP I have had since, we may not RP often but the RP we do have is rather fun.

@Harmonic, @Brutalskars, @Cerb57 . First of all I must say this... NERDS! Now then... House Thelwind had just started and these three made it the most memorable and fun Roleplays I have had on this server. Every base is touched in this RP, it is amazing seeing an RP bring characters to fear each other, to have what feels like real emotions and problems, characters you can relate to. Alaine has become one my my favorite characters to RP as due to the development of this.

@Loxmardin Kidnapped... Nuff said.

@Thoradin Scrub... I mean, man. We didn't talk often before hand, just traded ideas on evil guilds... Then you started up Tol'barad, and I have to say... I find quite a bit of combat RPs boring. You do the opposite and then have the audacity to you're not good at running events. That is not being humble! From there you made Korthan for House Thelwind who was quite fun to RP with. And now privateers. Awwyeaaah

@Mathias, best gm. But seriously, we may not RP often at all anymore, but a lot of the old RP we had was rather fun, no matter how casual ir was or not. I just wished we RPed more now. I should poke you for some Rp...

@Nikodemos, now you may be gone from the server now but you'll see this at some point. Old people always come back. One of the first plots I created, while still a peon, you assisted me with. We had talks over the forums and you helped both IC and OOC, now it may not have taken off... It was fun none the less. From there you can run a fun PvP event.

@Windzealot, oh and this scrub (Luff you). Met during Kidnapped though we never did much until later when you joined us in Thelwind. Enfield bestguard
I may have forgotten a few... Huh...
[Image: dean2s.png]
*peers.* I think I forgot to mention Karl, too.
Perhaps it is your imperfection that which grants you free will, that allows you to persevere against cosmically calculated odds. You prevailed where the Titans' own perfect creations have failed.

- Algalon, The Observer
I feel like saying most of the RP I've had on CotH is cheating, so I'll go with the first one I really enjoyed.
Kidnapped. It allowed me to meet so many people and have so much fun. Unfortunately I was never on for the really big things that happened, but it was still one of the best experiences I've ever had on the server.

[Image: USYWXqZ.gif]
(01-10-2014, 09:00 PM)FlyingSquirrel Wrote: and my character immediately called someone he didn't know by their first name.

Exact same thing happened with me on my first RP experience, which was in Hearthglen :D.

First of all, even though we don't RP a lot together anymore, I will never forget how @Aethon taught me how to RP (The two undercover warlocks who walked into the bar).

@Cerb57 - Countless RPs with Alariel and Balius, countless RPs with Larah and Dastin. And a few with Elandriel and Saul! Those made up 90% of my RPs.

@WingedReaver - Some good ol' RP with Alariel and Lantea! I won't forget those.

@Maarten who I want to RP with a lot, but never seem to get any time lately. Though, the times we did RP I enjoyed!

@Edgar and his Echo of Antonidas. Some nice RP experience there!

@Saetik who made up a big chunk of Alariel's little development with the RP between Alariel and Korvon.

@Psychyn who helped me to understand Night Elves!

And whoever plays the character Krean. Had some fun RPs with him too :).

So my thanks goes to those people who made my RP experience fun!

[Image: miyRPta.gif]

>mfw @Cerb57 and @cartoonkarl right now.

Anyways;

-@Cerb57, @cartoonkarl, @Brutalskars, @Harmonic: House Thelwind's been a lot of fun guys, I am really happy I made a character to join in on the fun with it. Them storylines is gettin' good.

-@Mathias: Remember the Barrens Events? Tol Barad? I just gotta say, doing all that with you and then with your help has been a lot of fun. I cannot thank you enough for all of the great times coming up with neat events for both our storylines! And you didn't hear it here, but Tol Barad might kick back up before too long!

-@Zenethen: Though we haven't RP'd all too much with Captain Mirran and Ulrach, I would like to spark up more of a friendship or something with the inevitable return of Tol Barad.

-@Torches: You Britlander... But anyway, House Trevelyan, as well as the countless other things we've done, has always been fun. Hopefully we might find everybody's loveable, hate-inducing mercenary back in there at some point.

And to everyone else I've RP'd with over the many years here, and though I cannot remember a million names, or characters, or what have you, I just wanna thank you all regardless. I might be an argumentative douche at times, I might be a pain in the ass at others, but just remember: I'm a cockroach, I'll always be here. Take that as you will.
Do you have what it takes to join the Fighting Blues?
Do you have what it takes to defend your homeland?
Will you stand up in defense of the innocent? The weak?
Will you stand up in defense of Justice and the Law?

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRVE3uy8TjirssygDEKMi2...Ia13_WYQpw]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cressy Blog: Positive RP Experiences Cressy 21 4,037 09-20-2012, 07:16 AM
Last Post: Caravan
  -Positive Roleplaying Experiences- Cressy 49 10,229 10-11-2011, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Esthrunil