The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

DH hunting DH
Hey guys what's up?

I've noticed how Demon Hunters lack RP -a lot-. We are no longer in Burning Crusade, we don't swim in demons anymore, and most likely won't for a long while now. And because Demon Hunters are loners by nature, they don't fare well in taverns (they aren't very wanted there either, actually). Most of the RP these days really doesn't focus on demons, or anything like that, sure.. You can attack warlocks or the alike, but we don't have many of those either? Maybe two active ones?

Now now, I know you're wondering where I am going with this. I am thinking about creating a Demon Hunter which is a bit broken in the head. It can happen to anyone, and it surely happened in movies/animes/whatevershowsyouwatch where someone begins to lean towards the dark side. My Demon Hunter wouldn't just hunt demons and warlocks. He will also attack/hunt other Demon Hunters, considering them corrupted by fel and that for valid targets. He'd see himself as the only one which still does what he is supposed to.

Why am I making this thread? Because I want feedback, mostly because well.. we all like our characters and none of us want them attacked or who knows what. Obviously, I won't force my presence upon anyone, but I'd offer it to every Demon Hunter.. And obviously all the warlocks and demons I can find (providing that there will ever be a demon CMC'd). So, Demon Hunter owners, wha'cha think? GMs? Admins? Everyone? Got any opinion?
Honestly, I don't find I lack any type of RP on Ceredor whatsoever. I mean, he disguises himself to be able to talk to people, but Demon Hunters aren't -banned- from places. They're just not -liked-. Which actually gets some RP going, too. Also, it's not Burning Crusade, but Hunters could always band together to do something anti-demony, even if they're going to Hellfire to purge an area that's gotten more out of hand than usual(Working on it, okay!?).

As for the idea, it sounds like a perfectly reasonable and possible thing. DH A gets attacked by DH B and DH B thinks that he was evil.. and vice versa(Another keeper. Dammit, why haven't I thought of these earlier?!). So yeah. Good idea, doesn't require CMC 'demons'. Could always have NPCs for stuff like that, me thinks. But that's, like, just my opinion, man.
Frogspawned: RAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!
Frogspawned: Frogspawned flips a table.
Frogspawned: (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

FROG, STOP FLIPPING TABLES. YOU'RE MAKING A MESS.

Frogspawned: ┬─┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
(02-01-2014, 06:05 PM)Piken Wrote: Honestly, I don't find I lack any type of RP on Ceredor whatsoever. I mean, he disguises himself to be able to talk to people, but Demon Hunters aren't -banned- from places. They're just not -liked-. Which actually gets some RP going, too. Also, it's not Burning Crusade, but Hunters could always band together to do something anti-demony, even if they're going to Hellfire to purge an area that's gotten more out of hand than usual(Working on it, okay!?).

As for the idea, it sounds like a perfectly reasonable and possible thing. DH A gets attacked by DH B and DH B thinks that he was evil.. and vice versa(Another keeper. Dammit, why haven't I thought of these earlier?!). So yeah. Good idea, doesn't require CMC 'demons'. Could always have NPCs for stuff like that, me thinks. But that's, like, just my opinion, man.

By demon CMCs I mean players which would CMC their characters to RP demons. You know, as.. their character. And as other CMCs.

My main reason behind making this character isn't to actually have a Demon Hunter because I like them. It's more a way to get some RP going for myself and other people with Demon Hunters which don't happen to have a character fitting for all that public tavern RP. Going to tavern RP just to sit on a chair isn't really that fun, is it? And yes, I do know DHs aren't banned from taverns or anything, no worry.
I understood what you meant, and I stick to what I said. I guess if someone just wanted to have their character be a CMC demon, they could for storyline purposes but I don't really see a need for that, personally. Of course, I'm happy having NPCs for such things. I wouldn't wanna see Demon PCs, m'self.

And I actually think tavern RP is very fun. Again, speaking just for myself and Ceredor, he has a sick enjoyment of playing 'pretend' and testing his wit to try and blend in and dissuade anyone who suspects him. I am trying to branch out into more non-tavern RP, though.

I still think DH hunting DH is a good idea and would find it interesting to see. There's already been some DH RP that has had some interesting(and fun) results.
Frogspawned: RAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!
Frogspawned: Frogspawned flips a table.
Frogspawned: (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

FROG, STOP FLIPPING TABLES. YOU'RE MAKING A MESS.

Frogspawned: ┬─┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
I don't have a demon hunter, but IF I did, this would be the type of thing I'd be into. Did someone say battle of the DHs? Just me? Okay.
“Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children that dragons can be killed.”
— G.K. Chesterton

Spoiler:
[Image: tumblr_n9hl98KKPd1r4fnslo1_500.gif]

Have a puppy Ruby and a nice day.
Laaaaaaaeris. LAAAAAAAAAAERIS. This's good and should totes happen.
Perhaps it is your imperfection that which grants you free will, that allows you to persevere against cosmically calculated odds. You prevailed where the Titans' own perfect creations have failed.

- Algalon, The Observer