The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

The Hyjal Journals

[Image: AL0odrD.gif]

ARCHIVES

WIP

Spoiler:
This is for those who are participating in the Hyjal story and wish to post their inner thoughts, fears, and emotions regarding the Hyjal itself or just about anything. IC, everyone will be receiving their journals. You can post anything and everything as often as you wish.

Because players will be posting at any time, thus affecting linearity, the Archives will be provided above for the purpose of providing links for each post under the relevant writers.

Journals will be especially useful if you hope to participate in the Personal Storylines. Otherwise, have fun!
[Image: 3HQ8ifr.gif]
((RESERVING THIS POST FOR ANYTHING I DO ON NINDE!

Entry 1:
Spoiler:
Where do I begin? Aside from the fact that I finally have a place to record my thoughts on various subjects…Oh! I have one already.

A Sin'dorei and a Draenei. Both the perpetrators of pure idiocy upon the shores of the Well…

Pure. Idiocy. Are they trying to provoke the wrath of Shalara? Goddess knows.

Yours,

Ninde Moonwhisper
Perhaps it is your imperfection that which grants you free will, that allows you to persevere against cosmically calculated odds. You prevailed where the Titans' own perfect creations have failed.

- Algalon, The Observer
Sapna's journal is simple, leatherbound and rather poorly crafted. From the distance in dates between the entries, it's obviously not well-used. The most recently used page has no date to it, but does have a few words and marks done with a simple stick of charcoal.

Spoiler:
Orc ||||
Human Worgen ||||||
Night Elf ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Blood Elf |||
Draenei |||
Tauren ||
Troll |
Ogre |
Stag-guy |

Gritaka. Frostwolf, has worg. Seems nice. Not much older than me.
Gulrag. Stormreaver, no worg. Old guy, Warlock, kinda pervy.
Murzmak. Warsong, I think. No worg, I think. Kinda stupid, hides in armor.
Entry One:
Spoiler:
[Image: t266fns.png]

Entry One - Alternative Version
Spoiler:
I’ve found myself in a land unknown to me, there are many things that I still need to learn. The culture of these kill-door-eye’s is sometimes hard for me to grasp, and some of them can be quite rude at times. I often wonder what keeps me here, perhaps it’s because my Uncle Tom would tell me to help them out because they are in need of help? I’m still undecided on whether or not to stay these lands that I know little to nothing about, however people such as Boo and Shayanra, make it worthwile. Apparently I also pronounce many things wrong, I don’t know how to spell them either; Like High-Jaw, or Kill-door-eye? I’m not sure on what else to put here, as I’ve run out of things to write. Perhaps next time my thoughts will be gathered to a point of which I can make sense of these rambling scribbles on paper. I almost forgot, I lost my boots.

Entry Two
Spoiler:
[Image: 8eWAuTn.png?1]

Entry Two - Alternative Version
Spoiler:
I couldn't get to sleep tonight, I tried but my mind was wandering and I got to thinking. What if my efforts here in High Jaw are for nothing, and all this beautiful land of the Kill-Dor-Eye's is destroyed because I couldn't help out enough. I suppose that's one of my biggest fears actually, not being accepted by these people because I'm different, because I do not know their culture and many things have to be explained to me. Looks like I didn't have to use the whole page on this thought, which I guess is a good thing. Oh, I almost forgot to mention! I got myself some new boots, they aren't exactly new- but they're new to me. They fit pretty well, but aren't as fancy as the old ones I had before I went and thre them at the fire thing. Crap, I ended up using more of the page then I intended to... Guess I might aswell just use the whole thing now.
Spoiler:
[Image: 8Mh5ajm.jpg]
Narina's Journal!

It will be under her bedroll's pillow if anyone is nosy enough to poke around her things.

Spoiler:
Entry 1:

Ow, this new shirt is itchy. Regardless, everything has been going okay. I have begun my Druidism lessons with my Shan'do, Keeper Buhayos. He has me doing things like tending injuries and helping to gather food. I have to trust in him that this means something but I'm beginning to wonder if he's going to help me find the 'balance' he says I need. I feel like I'm just being used as a free workhorse.

I still miss Laineth. I've tried not to but I still feel her tugging at my heart. I'll just have to hope that time will heal it.

“Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children that dragons can be killed.”
— G.K. Chesterton

Spoiler:
[Image: tumblr_n9hl98KKPd1r4fnslo1_500.gif]

Have a puppy Ruby and a nice day.
Spoiler:
You know, I never thought trees would be such a spot of... interest for Orcs. Frostfire Ridge and Gorgrond, the homes of my Thunderlord ancestors, didn't have so many trees, and when they were there, they were these little shitty saplings in comparison to what's here. Zughar's gotten used to it, but the others haven't. They have me spend hours, literal hours just looking at these trees.

This one old Elf named Shayanra noticed this, and began telling me the story of the individual trees. I didn't give a shit, personally. Unfortunately, under threat of disownment from both sides of the family in what was a stunning display of teamwork to mutually f**k me over, I had to listen to him talk. I was planning to get used to my new mace today, but no. I got to listen to some crusty Elf with a limp like he was missing a leg talk about Dryads Druids fucking nothing. I don't even remember what I spent hours listening to. I literally entered a quasi-meditative state because of how boring it was.

To be honest, he wasn't that bad. He treated me like I was at least half his equal. Half the fuckers here treat me like some gnat. Even a fucking Tauren! I'm sorry, shit-muncher, we saved your race from extinction. I deserve respect solely based on that, and not to be treated like some novice with their first weapon. And then the Elves. Oh, the Elves. Oh, the glorious our forest can't survive without us so naturally we know all about nature Elves. If I were write a scrap of paper for each time I wanted to punch one of the knife eared fucks in the face, I would be fatter than that Goblin Prince whateverhisnameis.

*Enter a few furious scribbles, mainly comprising a worg chasing after an Elf.*

Everyone's so worried about this. It seems like I'm the only one not fretting or losing sleep or having yellowed leaves. It's probably their first warzone for a bunch of the Elves. Either that, or they've become really attached to this tree. Still, it makes me feel bad about some of them. Buhayos, for example. I should plant something for him. Maybe if Wraith has some pups with a worg in the area, I'll see if I can't give him one or two. I just feel bad about him, ya know? He's so... innocent. And not good at war. And yet, he tries so hard. Like a little worg baby romping around with their dad. Just this cute little furry babe without a damn clue what's happening trying their best.

Oooooh. Maybe if I do end up temporarily running back to Nagrand, I'll find some Dreaming Glory and bring it back for him. Maybe show him how to make some of Napna's old post-battle stew. Since Dreaming Glory has fairly regenerative properties, or is at least good for healing wounds, it might be especially good to cultivate a bit of it in Hyjal. Maybe have a Druid grow it quicker than usual so that we can use it in the future. I could also probably make the Elixir of Restful Nights, for those who're having trouble sleeping. Other than the ones I don't like. f**k you, Miss scared-of-cocks. Note; Ask Shadowmoons about that tomorrow.
Kantado

Spoiler:
Quote:I just had a bad dream. Except I was fully awake.

I saw her there. Ninde. Sprawled on the floor, hair on her face, foam in her mouth, choked on her vomit. It seemed to happen again, but only in my mind. Couldn't fight in the camp. Cursed shadow magic.

I can't sleep. The nightmare won't end. Meditating is useless now.

I want my An'da.
The next page in Sapna's journal has a simple drawing, with Orcish runes below.

[Image: 1v5emgm.png]

Spoiler:
1) Pit
2) Gronn
3) Trees
4) Tinder
Entry Three

Spoiler:
[Image: Igowy9g.jpg?1]

Entry Three - Alternative Version

Spoiler:
Shena
all of
day
chdu
just a
have n
things
to

I accidentally spilt ink on the page.
Spoiler:
[Image: 8Mh5ajm.jpg]
Narina's Journal:

Entry 2:

Spoiler:

I left Hyjal with my Shan’do today. We’re travelling to Winterspring so he can run an errand, he says. But he said it’s also an opportunity for me to try and connect with the wildlife. I’m glad to finally be away from Hyjal and Ninde’s gaze. I feel like she’s always judging me whenever I mess something up, which is a lot. But Keeper Buhayos says I’m improving well.

Entry 3:

Spoiler:

I watched a den of Frostsabers today. My Shan’do said I should try to connect with them but I don’t know how to do that. He says that before I can connect with an animal’s spirit, I have to make peace with my own. I don’t know if I’ll ever be able to do that. He told me earlier he’s taking me back to Hyjal and leaving me there. I don’t want to be left alone.

“Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children that dragons can be killed.”
— G.K. Chesterton

Spoiler:
[Image: tumblr_n9hl98KKPd1r4fnslo1_500.gif]

Have a puppy Ruby and a nice day.
Nytamuur

Entry 1
Spoiler:
Quote:It seems those under the Keeper's guidance are to write in these books. I have not written a journal like this ever since the Genedar.

By far, I have not done much but heal the wounded when the druids were busy. I feel rather out of place here. I pray I will be able to come closer to the defenders of this mountain so that I would offer my spiritual guidance. So far, I have only suspicious stares, probably because many of the Defenders are unused to Draenei.

I will remain patient, however. I hope to stay as long as I could be needed.

Entry 2
Spoiler:
Quote:First some insect bites, now I injure my wrists.

I seem to be of bad luck lately.
Faelan's Journal:

Entry 1, Written on a stone:

Spoiler:
I miss having a complete face.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Anthrion, Entry 1

Spoiler:

The Keeper is wise,

but even so I fail to see the point in this. The only use for a journal these days seems to be for convenient, incriminating proof when some poor soul loses their mind and meanders off to go on a bloody rampage. I doubt there's much comfort to be found in this, but I'll try.

The barrow dens are dark these days. Not the dark of night. A darkness that grips at the soul, at the mind. Damnable Twilights have no concept of proper war. Attacking sleeping druids. I suppose when one is relinquished to the idea of a near end they have no need to worry about honor or respect. Yet still, I can't help but wonder what lurks in the shadows. It was once our task. The Wardens and the Watchers cloaked themselves in night to avoid the eyes of their prey, but now something lurks in our stead. Something nagging.

It is not outfront. I know as much. A Warden would make quick work of their foe. Slit their throat. Leave not even a corpse to be found. This These Whatever it is, conscious or not, it is far more patient cruel. It's a sort of darkness that creeps into the mind. The sort that makes you wonder. The sort that makes you doubt. I will give these twilight gnats one complement. They can make one worry.

The Keeper is wise, but I worry only more.

Anthrion, Entry 2

Spoiler:
Dear Anthrion,

I came as soon as the news reached me. I do not recall heroic drake-riding one of the things you've taught me. Please stick to the basics, as you've reminded me so oft. Standing over you as you recover I can only imagine this is how you felt the many times I was the one in the bed recovering. Remember the family tradition, no dying allowed.

Atop this journal you'll find a small glass jar of Winterspring Ice salve. It will help soothe the burns. Apply every two hours as needed. If you need more, the recipe is two cups loosely packed Icecap, one medium Mountain Silversage, a single petal of Black Lotus, crushed together with just enough Moonwell water to create the right consistency.

The Ice Giants of Frostwhisper Gorge send their regards,
Kalah Ironraven
Kadis
Spoiler:
We've been sitting here for ages. Hyjal burns and, meanwhile, only the Goddess knows when it's time for us to stop this Twilight Cult from inflicting further damage. I continue to report to the Sisterhood, yet it seems our war with the Orcs already has us stretched thin. Thin enough for me to be the only Sister of Elune here, anyway. With all the outlanders here, it doesn't seem like I have a lot of work at least. Safe for my mate, and some of the Hyjal Watchers, no one comes to me for the Mother Moon's blessing.

I suppose the outlanders aren't all bad, though. One of them seems to be interested in my Mistre

Did I just take a student?
Spoiler:
I can't sleep.

Yesterday, nope. Day before, nope. Tonight, nope. Worst part is, I don't know why. I think that Wraith does, though. He hasn't been having as many troubles, thank the Ancestors. But some times, he'll kick himself awake and jump from where he was sleeping, growling at nothing. Maybe he's just being paranoid, but I can't say I blame him. The nights have become more... oppressive while I've been here. The shadows hug whatever campfire I can make without it trying to burn me. They suffocate it, until it's just made smaller, and I have to put more wood on. If I put too much on, it'll thrive to life and attack me. It's just I guess I don't know. I'm running out of things to trust.

I feel... bad for Wraith, though. The constant travel cuts at his little paws, and the lack of sleep gnaws at his mind. I can't even let him hunt. But wha- okay, he's good. Woke up, again. He's back to sleeping, though. His head's in my lap and he's already began drooling, but if I move I'll wake him. Guess I'm sleeping sitting against a tree, then. I don't know what to do with him, though. I can't abandon him in Orgrimmar, but keeping him with me is torture. And I know he won't admit that. He'll say he's fine as his paws leave red marks on the ground, lick my hand with a dry tongue. If only Orcs could be so loyal.

I do have to say, though. The stars are pretty. Back when I was a child, I remember being told that each little star was a brave Orc killed, without a lok'vadnod written. I don't want to be a star. It's not that I'm scared of dying. I've had more than a few years of being around it. I just don't really want to be forgotten. That's what scares me. The fact that, some day, people will just not know who you were. All my experiences, gone. That's what's scary.

I'd prefer I be hated than forgotten, even. It still gets you involved. I'd rather be yelled at and yelling back fighting than sitting in a corner like some shitty-made axe. What's life even for if you're not remembered? What's the point of an axe if you make it and then let it collect dust? It's ju-

Wraith woke back up. Walked to a tree, whined, collapsed against it and started drooling again. Poor guy. I knew I shouldn't have shared my Dreaming Glory. I get it, I make it, get a handful of thanks and then the short end of the stick when we're out of it. At least the Elves can see in the dark. I don't even see why they need it. Anyways, fire's running low, and I'm out of wood. Let's hope nothing lies in the is watching me.

Maybe I'll sleep closer to the inn.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hyjal Report - 2 Jameston 0 1,014 06-26-2014, 11:57 PM
Last Post: Jameston
  Hyjal Reports Jameston 0 987 06-21-2014, 11:10 PM
Last Post: Jameston
  Tales of Hyjal ImagenAshyun 1 1,406 06-18-2014, 06:05 PM
Last Post: ImagenAshyun