The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

COTH Advertisement?
So.. I don't know why this question suddenly popped up in my head after all this time..

How does the Conquest of the Horde promote itself to gather new members?

Like do we not? I'm pretty sure Google search lead me here. And then I'm sure for others they've heard about it from a friend or something.

And if we don't.. Then why don't we..?
Quote:"Your faction is the underdog right?
You always lose and suck at everything.
You lose towns, people and your second in command is a 14-year old who uses dark magic on his protectors and runs away alone the the wilderness."
- Panoss from the WoW retail forums
IIRC, the reason we don't is because it would attract the wrong people.
I personally believe whether you advertise or not, you're still going to get the wrong people. I'm sure everyone has a story of a "wrong" person joining the server.
And honestly with a little enforcement of policy, the "wrong people" tend not to stick around for long. That's unless no one reports them or doesn't do anything about them.
You lose towns, people and your second in command is a 14-year old who uses dark magic on his protectors and runs away alone the the wilderness."
CoTH is already one of the first things to show up when you search "wow roleplay private server" on google.. I think that's pretty good.. infact great. I don't think it is very hard to actually find us..
[Image: pj3isZU.gif]

[Image: 43883.png]
While true, I wouldn't mind us having a blog or something on some website like tumblr.
I love going through the WoW RP tag seeing the blogs that list all the bad profiles on retail. Mmm..
I'm definitely no good at maintaining a social presence. The most I've done with advertisement has been signing up for several of the "top websites". What I don't like about them is that sometimes, if any of those other websites are being slow, it can affect load times here when I have the banners at the bottom of the site. Regardless, I'll consider adding them again and see how we do!
I was just thinking we could have someone maintain a blog or some social networking site and just highlight some of the things we do here on COTH.
I think people are curious about us, but not really sure of what to expect since they'll have to sign up and dig through all we do. I actually did see a post on tumblr asking if our server was any good, but no one answered since hey.. We may come up in search results, but no one but ourselves really know us as a community.
Perhaps I can start using my unused tumbler and twitter as a way to start a social presence, if kretol approves of course.
I often use my deviantART to advertise, as I'm involved in a lot of Warcraft art/RP groups. Sadly, I have yet to bring in a single person.
[Image: 3HQ8ifr.gif]
Mmm.. Well, I was thinking like having an individual page itself. So like on DeviantART maybe we have our own group or something. And on tumblr have like a COTH blog. It will just be updated here and there, noting events and success. Could show some screenshots of RP or the custom places that are built. Just something where people can look and see COTH without having to go through other posts and etc.
I know we have a facebook page, and google + page.
TIL that we do.. I don't think I've seen it or even thought it existed... @_@
Facebook!

Google +

And now a Tumblr!
I can definitely start a CoTH group on deviantART.
[Image: 3HQ8ifr.gif]
A podcast could be cool.

I'm not talking about one of those podcasts that would just be all official and news and all.
I'm talking about something along the lines of the Rooster Teeth podcast or The Nerdist podcast. They're more laid back and like to talk about all the funny things that have been happening around the company and community, it makes them feel more inclusive about all the shenanigans going on with them. More laid back too. I think if we started up a podcast like that, posted it up on youtube, it could help get some people interested in our community.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A Stromgarde Advertisement for Tales Secrettom 12 2,453 05-27-2009, 05:29 AM
Last Post: Vrahn