Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Um....boo?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
Well, I guess the best place to start would be to say that I'm a college freshman in the U.S. studying Chemical Engineering. When my life isn't being slowly siphoned away by school, I like to roleplay…anything really. I've been RPing for going on six years now, mostly forum play-by-post stuff, but I did RP on Retail-WoW with the Ironsong Tribe for a while before, sadly, having to cut myself off when I came to college.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I was born and raised in the United States, and English is my primary (and only fluent) language.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I actually played Warcraft II when I was about….ten or so, somewhere around there. Then Warcraft III came out and I was hooked. I played through it and the Frozen Throne expansion. When WoW came out, I was actually plugged up to another MMO, and wouldn't get on WoW four a couple years, when my brother started getting into it and got an account that he graciously shared with me and my dad.

What made you seek our server over others?:
Well, to be honest I just typed in “world of warcraft private roleplay servers” and you guys were the first ones to come up. But from what I've seen, I definitely like the look of the place and I plan to stay ^_^.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I don't discriminate at all between roleplays, to be honest. Really my favorite type of roleplay depends heavily on the character I'm playing at the moment, as some types of roleplay suit some characters's personalities better than others. For example, I had a Tauren druid that was rather notorious for picking fights because he was, quite frankly, an arrogant, prejudiced bastard. But then on another server I had a Human mage that rarely fought with anyone, preferring to hang out in the local inn and swap stories. So really, I enjoy most the type of roleplay that suits my current character the best.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I enjoy playing just about anything, but I definitely have the most fun with Tauren druids, simply because they offer a deep backstory, as well as come with a few stereotypes that I enjoy breaking into tiny little pieces.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I expect to have a fun, mature and enjoyable roleplay experience that, quite frankly, is nigh on impossible to find on Retail-WoW.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Strange as it may sound, the Keyboarding Skills part is definitely the most appealing to me. Maybe it's my inner grammar-nazi coming out, but I have a personal hatred for just about all forms of “chat-speak.” Some of them (lol, brb) I understand and use often myself, but is it really that hard to put in TWO EXTRA LETTERS to type “You” instead of “u”?!? [/rant]

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Nothing would ever rival the feel of Mulgore's grass beneath the massive pads of his ursine form. The breeze blowing in from the Barrens, cooled by its passage over the mountains that turned Mulgore into a lush basin fluttered through his fur, causing him to shudder slightly in delight at its passage. Gloom loved being a bear, almost as much as he enjoyed being a Tauren, the young druid always felt a sense of empowerment when taking the form of one of Azeroth's greatest mammalian predators.

“Gloom! Get back here boy!”

Drat, Gloom thought as he quickly shifted back to his natural state and loped back to where Druid Mistrunner stood expectantly.

“I've told you before about running off without completing your studies boy,” the old Druid said with a harshness to his voice that Gloom didn't feel was warranted.

The young Tauren simply bowed his head, “Yes, Druid Mistrunner.”

Mistrunner nodded curtly. “Now, I want you to go out and gather some silverleaf and peacebloom, and earthroot as well if you happen across any. One of the Braves-in-training got a bit too close to the Quillboar den and needs a poultice.”

Gloom nodded and set off down the path almost sulkily. He'll see, the young druid thought, I'll be better than he ever was. Frumpy old man.
Welcome to the server!

If you need help or got questions I believe anyone of us would be happy to help you out, if you need help.
You can PM me or contact Walter ingame.

Enjoy your stay!
mixuz Wrote:[color=#FF8000Welcome to the server!][/color]

If you need help or got questions I believe anyone of us would be happy to help you out, if you need help.

Enjoy your stay!

You sir. Fail. A welcome is supposed to look like this!

Quote:Welcome to the server!

Enjoy your stay!
Baww, you guys beat me to it.

Well, welcome to the server anyway. I think you'll find a good group here and if you'd like to RP I'm usually on my character Hesper. Could also throw me a PM but I'm pretty lazy on the forums, so . . . I enjoyed reading your intro. It's always nice to meet a fellow grammar nazi.
Thanks everyone for the welcomes....now I haz your Internets >_>

Anyway, while I'm waiting for the WoW client to (re)install thanks to my utter stupidity earlier this morning....where do I find the template for the character profile?