Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Introduction: Sarah
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

I have been a gamer since I was 9 or 10 years old -- which incase you are wondering was over 10 years ago. My older brother was kind of bored I guess of gaming by himself so he threw a controller in my hands and said "Hey do this!" .. yeah, sad but true, I got hooked from an early age. But it was worth it in the long run. My games of choice are actually roleplaying games, the Final Fantasy series are my all-time-favourites! (except from World of Warcraft of course.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

I come from the "other land" also known as The United Kingdom... So.. uhh.. English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:

Ohh.. I was sort of dabbling around on the MMORPG Circuit when my older brother stumbled upon the World of Warcraft Beta test before it's release in Europe.. I sneakingly (even though he loathed it, mind you..) stood behind him staring in awe over his shoulder. Ever since then I jumped aboard the World of Warcraft bandwagon and never fell off since!

What made you seek our server over others?:

I hate to sound oh-so-cliche about it all but.. yeah it's for the Roleplay.. That's what I miss about playing on retail. I have ALWAYS been on the Roleplaying servers, my first server was Argent Dawn and yeah, the beauty about being on a private server is the fact that it's free, but why not have both? Free and Roleplaying.. hey! Roleplaying for free! *Cheers wildley, filled with excitement!*

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

To be honest what I enjoy the most is being able to fall right into a Roleplaying situation. Whether it's going to hand a quest in and eavesdrop on an open conversation, battling with your buds in the midst of bloodshed and rabbling on about how much the bloodspatter upon my shield brings out the colour of my eyes! -..uhh.. wait.. what was I saying? Yeah, I pretty much love all kinds of roleplay, I breathe it.. it's like my oxygen.. or something to that effect.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

I wouldn't really say I *Have* a favourite. I suppose I have always gone with Humans and Gnomes because of the easy-to-like roleplaying style. Although there's always room for more challenging roles. I really take a liking for long-backdated character aspects. So really.. I'd go with any of the alliance members are more my cup of tea.

What are your expectations of this server?:

Roleplaying, roleplaying and more roleplaying! I have always searched high and low for a DECENT roleplaying server that actually CARES about roleplaying. To have a great community background and none of this "I'm playing solo, and not speaking to ANYONE" droll. Well.. Unless it's a character trait of course.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

All of them do appeal to me but I find the fact you have noted the key factors that retail World of Warcraft never really adhered to on their own roleplaying servers. I especially like the Respect rule, I'd hate to step foot on a server and feel completely shunned for no reason of my own doing that is.. Also, knowing when you are/are not involved with the current "goings-on" helps too.. it's rather embarassing when you're enthralled in a storyline with another character and someone aimlessly walks upto you and spams "hi" or "plz" 50 times to get 10 minutes of attention than wanders off into the big wide world.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

The Rise (and fall) of Rayne...

A rather tall, slender-build figure of a woman rose from a large open, watery plain. Her entire form glistening in the suns gaze, engulfed in pearl droplets of aqua as they cascaded from her armored attire. Her shimmering blonde locks cascaded down by the small of her back as she turned asside and peered upwards with her sapphire orbs. "Wow... that was an exciting ride!" She uttered; out of breath. "Perhaps next time I'll catch the gryphon.." Fumbling helplessly with the leather straps to her drenched Mithril bracer she slowly dragged her tanned stumps through the lagoon.

One by one she felt every step squelch inside of her boots. "..Maybe falling over a murloc - sending me falling to my almost death wasn't the best idea.. waterfalls.. aren't good for my complextion.." With that she brought up her soaked palm, brushing her golden sunkissed locks out of eyeshot, tredging closer and closer to what appeared to be dry land.. "Hey.. what's that?" she said.. drawing closer and closer to a glinting object in her midst. "Is that my? -.. oh my.. it is.." Luck would have it.. with the unfortunate collision of her right kneecap and the murlocs face delving Rayne yards away from safety, plunging her to what she thought was her doom.. her sword landed blade down in a mound of washed dirt..
Rayne spoke with adoration as she reached over to palm her trusted blade. "Ebony, I knew you wouldn't leave me.." With her right hand curling around the handly she slowly pulled upwards on the sword.. but to no avail! "Uogh!" Rayne yelped as she collapsed on the dirt with a crash. "I hate water... now I can't even lift my blade..." Her palms would grasp the mud either side of her thighs as she pushed herself up with one heroic bound. Her feet parted as she gleefully spun around in a complete circle, whisping the blade in a double grasp she threw it over her head with a smile.
"Now, lets take you out for a testdrive! Let's show these murlocs what Rayne Debeaux is REALLY made of!" With that she began to start off on her journey towards the compound of Stormwind City.. the walls looked large.. but would it be large enough to hold the ego of such a blonde-haired-blue-eyed ditzy Rayne? Time will tell...

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

No, not really.. I have read the rules and understand them. I suppose all I have to do now is wait, right? OH! Sorry! No! That's not a question! :oops:
*beats everyone else*

Welcome to the board from another new person! ^_^
Welcome to CONQUEST of the HORDE!

Take a look at the wiki if you haven't already and go roll a character. See you in-game!
Welcome!

More Argent Dawn!
Welcome! I was on Argent Dawn EU too!

And huzzah for UNITED KINGDOM
Go Argent Dawners! I'm just waiting to patch up then I'll be right on in... *Deep breath of excitement*. I cannot wait!