Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Went too far
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Alright, I got WoW downloaded and installed, modified the realmlist.wtf file, and was all set to play, but after logging in, it kept taking me to download the update, which was 3.2.2. I could find no way around this, so now I'm stuck with v3.2.2 and every time I try to log in the connection times out.

EDIT: As well, I just found out that the server account I made is exactly the same username of a trial account I made for the retail WoW forever ago...and now it won't let me log in at all with that name.
3.2.2? Right-o. Okay, here's what to do. Read tutorials.

Naw just kidding but most of what you need is in the tutorials section.

Now, before you go to the tutorial, go to C:\Program Files\WoWID\Data and delete the file "PATCH.MPQ" from that folder. Then, use the program "Repair.exe" located at C:\Program Files\WoWID. It'll repair your client, but it'll say you need to downgrade to 3.0.1, which is perfect. From there, go to the tutorial I linked above and use the patch site to download and apply the patches - Download the .exe, put it into the WoW folder, and run it. Patch to 3.2.0a. Currently CotH does not support 3.2.2, the latest PTR patch, but you'll be fine. Anyhow, there you go, you should be set. All in all... 3.2.2 is not supported, but 3.2.0a is.

EDIT: Hold on. You say you can't log in to normal WoW? Then the patch you downloaded didn't download right. So just do the steps here.