Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Sarg's introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Tell us about yourself, as a player:

I began playing World of Warcraft five years ago, since it came out. The era called "Classic" impressed me with possibillities it offered to players, reputation system and especially that "Blizzard jokes", for example goblin in Tirisfal Glades, zeppelin master, Hin Denburg. I have played retail for one year, but when my character got robbed by hackers, and Blizzard was unable to fully replace the item set, gold and things in bank, I turned to private servers, which I found kind of more fun. Then first expansion, The Burning Crusade started new era of World of Warcraft. I've been highly interested in fact, how Illidan could possibly survive the match between him and Arthas, when corrupted prince was still only a Death Knight. I soon found out, that it was just an attempt of Blizzard, to lure more people to WoW, just economic move, so one of my favored characters was turned down.
I was also eager to meet old heroes, especially Khadgar, whom I regard as one of my most favourite human characters. I miss Turalyon and Alleria in-game too, but, we need to sacrifice something to gain something new, right ? I was forced to stop playing for six months, because of my work, which only turned on my aspiration to become good player again.
Then, Wrath of the Lich King came out, and I was impressed again. As I regard Scourge as one of my favourite forces on Azeroth, so I was interested, how playing as oneof their minions will look. I enjoy playing WoW, because it offers much and gives even more. That is why I remained sticked to WoW for such a long time.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

I was born in Brno, city in Moravia region, in Czech Republic. My primary language is czech, but I also speak english, slovak and little bit of greek and german. Little bit means really little bit :wink:

How did you get into Warcraft?:

When I was 5, Warcraft I: Orcs & Humans came out, and my brother, who was interested in fantasy games bought it for us both. I was fascinated. I do not look on graphic much. Story is the main thing, which interests me on games. Good story - good game. I also played Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness and its expansion, Beyond the Dark Portal. When Warcraft III came out, I immediately bought it and played. It was my first real-time strategy in 3D. I was fascinated again. First game, where one campaign connect with others. Never seen that before. Also, its expansion, The Frozen Throne was good, making new possibilities in World Editor :)

What made you seek our server over others?:

Fun is important for me. I love D&D and Warcraft. When I was playing on retail, I chose RP server, and now found one private RP server, which looks very interesting for me. I prefer good RP above all else. That is why I chose Conquest of the Horde :wink:

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

I enjoy tavern talking, meeting of guild members and planning strategies for assault or defense. I am not much an fighter in real life(that I am working as security is just an accident :) ), so I prefer talking. I am better diplomat than fighter, and so are my characters. I also encourage people who goes into battle with words, if they need it.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

That is hard. Really. I prefer no race above all else. I enjoy playing as Human or Forsaken Undead, because I have connections to them, but I do not deny playing as Blood Elf, Gnome and other races.
My favourite class is a
Mage. They are brilliant, and if you look into history, they were talking much, as me.

What are your expectations of this server?:

Well, I expect, that nice people play here, GM/Admin staff is friendly, and when I will need to explain something, or need help with some problems I will encouter, player or GM will give an helping hand. I hope, that this does not sound arrogant. :?

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

Godmoding and respect ones. Godmoding is just for people, who do not know, how to loose. Recpect rule is important, because when you do not respect others, they do not respect you, and thus, you will never be an good RPer, because noone would want to play with you, or even talk to you. Arrogance is not an good way in life.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

Well, this story is an part of one very long RP, which we played with friend, when we were GMs in "Classic" era of WoW. Hope, you will enjoy it.

Sirien - Human paladin, player's character
Vorial - Human mage, mine character, leader
Sergo - Dwarf hunter, friend's character
Illias - Night elf priestess, player's character
Victus - Gnome rogue - server's event

Sirien's sword penetrated wendigo's skull and human smiled, his face covered by his enemy's blood. He was member of small bounty hunting group, counting of him as paladin, Vorial as mage, Sergo as hunter and Illias as priestess. Their band was pretty famous among the Alliance, because they erased threats, which appeared near human, dwarf or elven settlements.
"Another gold to yer pocket, Sirien" Sergo smiled, as he put away his gun with scope. Paladin just grinned and shivered. "It is pretty cold weather around Kharanos today, master dwarf. We should collect the bounty and return to Victus" Vorial said, examining the corpse. Illias nodded and Sergo sighed. "Ya're babies" he snorted and shrugged.
They reached for their mounts and headed back to the town. Guardsmen greeted them with enthusiasm of people, who were happy to have one trouble solved. Mayor Irondhand himself welcomed them at Belm's inn, where they had their rooms. They spent one night in Thunderbrew Distillery and headed to Ironforge, where Victus, the gnome, who was their commissioner, awaited their return.
Vorial, riding on his palomino, turned his look to the skies. "It will take two days, until we will reach Ironforge, Sirien" he said to paladin, who rode by his side. "Why do you think ? It took us just few hours, when we headed to Kharanos" paladin wondered. "Yes, but it will be soon blizzard. Don't you see it ?" Vorial asked him and pointed to the sky, above mountains of Dun Morogh. "Yer spirit is so soft. I heard of human spirit, but ye're just scared of snow" sounded Sergo's voice from behind. Dwarf was riding on his ram, entirely white. Illias remained silent, as always, because she was mute. Vorial rolled his eyes and the band continued their trail to Ironforge.

I also say sorry for the colors, but I like, when the text is little bit colored, not just wall of text, without an color.
Welcome to Conquest of the Horde!

Great introduction. Enjoy the server! And don't forget to /join chat.
Welcome Aboard!
Hmph. Welcome aboard reversed is just "A bored welcome".

It's all lies, I tell you. You want the top quality Maulbane style welcome, which goes a little like this...

Welcome to Conquest of the Horde!

I can say we're in the same boat with the blizzard jokes - Even the ones as simple as "Auctioneer O Reely" and the mickey mouse head made out of the hunter training spot in Orgrimmar. And you'll find a lot of guilds on CotH, pretty much everything under the rainbow has been done and it can be really great.

Hmph, my favorite class is the Hunter though.

EDIT: You should roll a Tauren :(