Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Introduction from 13light
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
Hello all, I got my user-name when I started Warcraft3, I used "13light" as my user-name. But anyways you can call me Matthew, my real-life name, and I am really mature when it comes to role-playing. I've been role-playing for about 3 or so years, ever since Warcraft3. And I guess I've done the most role-playing on WoW. I've read the lore of WoW, actually, and am very intrigued by the story. I made an actual private server once, it wasn't very successful but yeah, first time I joined a private server. A little bit more about me, I have 3 brothers, and 3 FULL sisters, and about 5 half-sisters, they all had different fathers, I am what you would call a "Nerd" I guess, and I accept that.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I was born in the U.S.A and I still do, and my primary language is English. I am very "adapted" into correct capitalization, spelling, grammar, punctuation, etc. due to several long years spending my time on the computer.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Well, when WoW was a few years old, my sister played it, and not soon after so did I, and I remember that my first character was a human priest. That was near the beginning, long before the Burning Crusade came out, so I guess I've played WoW for a long time.

What made you seek our server over others?:

Well, finding a decent RP server these days is a triumph, or at-least trying to find one that's updated, mature, and otherwise. So I guess I found this server by luck, and so far it looks very promising.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

I guess I enjoy RPs that go deep into story, being very detailed and what not. Ones that have you interact with other players more often than most, and actually change what goes on IC. Like the butterfly effect, if you do something, it may alter a series of other things associated with said thing. Like, for instance, you decided to become a rebel, you'd be hunted down or be "Wanted". Or if you were to die IC, you'd stay dead as that specific character.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I suppose I like the race of the Orc, and the Warrior class.

I enjoy the Orc race because of their very well-known brute strength, and although their intellect is normally low, their strength makes up for it. Mainly, they helped the Tauren in their time of need, which shows true devotion to those who might prove to be a good friend. Not only that, but they accepted the Blood Elves, who may have opposed the Horde when they belonged to the Alliance, as well.

I like the Warrior class because they, as well, have to do with strength. Sometimes they carry a shield, although heavy, for protection, or sometimes drop that extra protection and go after an extra weapon, for added damage, or sometimes they even want a heavy weapon, one which would normally take two-hands to wield. Warriors have several choices on how to conquer their opponents, or vanquish those who threaten them, their comrades, or their home.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I expect a nice, friendly and mature community in which everyone enjoys the presence of one-another, and also enjoy taking on deep RPs with each-other as a group. Mainly, I expect the RP to be enjoyable by all who attend, and to be fun.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

I would say Humility is my favorite rule because not everyone could be a main character, or the center of the story. There must be side-characters, of less importance, who might still play a role or part in the story. And although the main character has the most part or role, those side-characters may further enrich the RP by doing a certain act to make the environment more believable. Some characters may not even be doing anything that involve the main character(s), they may be walking around like a citizen or townsfolk.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

A Large boat arrives at the docks of Booty Bay, carrying a large amount of cargo. The air was misty, and smelled of sea-water. The time was around noon, and it was a busy day in Booty Bay.

"Wake up, Rallyn! We're here!", said Lanzo, a Goblin Trader.

"Hmm, about time, Lanzo. Alright, well tell our crew-mates to bring the cargo aboard the deck, then we'll go auction it..", said Rallyn, an Orcish Warrior, also known as a Trader.

"Alright men, you heard him! We have to trade that cargo before nightfall, so hurry up!", said Lanzo.

After a while, the cargo was successfully transported onto the docks.

"Okay, so what have we got here.. Wait, what is this junk?", asked Rallyn.

"Trinkets and necklaces, they look like they're all magical and worth alot, am I right?", replied Lanzo.

"Ugh.. I guess. Just as long as they are sold, I suppose. Alright, time to begin trading!", said Rallyn.

Later that day, Rallyn and Lanzo successfully sold all of the cargo, but there was a problem.. Like in any story, there usually is a problem.

"What happened to our boat?! It's gone!", shouted Rallan.

Lanzo, being as frugal as he was, didn't know how to react. He nearly threw a tantrum, however.. but didn't. It had appeared that their crew and their boat had vanished, and the only thing they had left that day were their clothing, and the gold they had made from the cargo they sold. Lanzo then came up with an idea..

"Wait! I have an idea.. I think we have enough gold to buy a flight back to Ratchet..", said Lanzo.

"Is that our only choice? That would cost us nearly all of our entire profit made today..", asked Rallan.

"I think so, unless you want to wait for the boat there.. which shouldn't be until nightfall..", replied Lanzo.

"Hmm.. I guess you should decide on this one, since the last time I decided didn't turn out so well.. eheh.", said Rallan.

"Okay.. hmm... I guess we'll take the boat, I mean it's free.. and we won't have to lose our profit. So I guess we are just waiting now.", replied Lanzo.

Later that day, Lanzo and Rallan went to the Booty Bay inn, ate, and had a decent, yet random, chat about turtles. Around nightfall, they went outside to wait for the boat. About an hour or so later, the boat had arrived, and then they got onto the boat. When the boat had returned to the docks of Ratchet, they went to their boss with the profit they had made that day, and they knew they would get in trouble as a result of coming back late, and also losing the crew and the boat itself. Their profit that day was around seventeen gold coins, which was pretty decent compared to what they were selling, yet the boat and crew lost that day cost a good hundred or so gold altogether, mainly the boats price. That day may have not been the best for our two friends, but at-least they sold their useless cargo, four or so crates of fake trinkets and necklaces, including a few garnishes such as soap-on-a-roap..

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

Nope, thank you.
welcome to the server
I knew your brother 12dark
It was ashamed to see him perish in that gnome fire....stupid gnomes