Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Montywort Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
Well, I've always loved role-play in World of Warcraft. While I have always been quite creative, I'd never encountered the experience of RP before WoW. I tend to be more active in the evenings on weekdays, as I tend to be busy weekends! That said, though, I do try to be on as often as possible.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
Ireland, and English is my primary language.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Well... It originally started with Warcraft III. Had never heard of Blizzard before then, and when I got the game I was simply blown away! The universe was extremely awesome and when I heard about WoW I was terribly excited.

What made you seek our server over others?:
I've simply been looking for an environment that is RP friendly, as retail, unfortunately, was never able to fulfill that properly.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I tend to enjoy citizen and military RP. From fighting the Horde on distant lands, to discussing politics in the local inn.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Human warrior. By far the most versatile to RP and I simply love the human mindset (not to mention the flexibility of them!)

What are your expectations of this server?:
Simply an RP friendly environment.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
The fact that people must take the time to post up an introduction appeals to me. Finally a method to sort out those who wish to properly RP and the OOCers.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!: (Alright, just a wee story that I'll make up on the spot then :) )

A gentle breeze blew through the courtyard. Vincent Price sighed. Another terrible day for this job. He was sick of the paper work in the office and the fighting in the streets. He was sick of the damn mess. Walking back inside, he let out an audible groan; he could see Garlinad reading the paper outside his office.

“Hello, Captain. How can I help you now?” Vincent muttered. The newspaper fluttered down, revealing the haggard face of Captain Garlinad Smith.

“Just wanted to pop in for a word, Magistrate. See how things are ticking over at your end.”

“You know how they're ticking. Slowly, Captain. Why are you really here?”

Vincent was getting sick of Garlinad's insubordination. The man walked through the city as if he was king. Not intentionally, of course, he just had that walk about him. The walk of a man that knew where he was and where he was going. That sort of stature couldn't be trained, nor could it be held by rank, but simply through experience. Vincent may have found Garlinad irritating, but he also knew he was the best man for the job. That, and he wouldn't relish the opportunity to spare with him.

“Not gonna invite me into your office, Price?” Garlinad spoke, not rudely, but he had an air of expectation. He wanted things done, and it came across. And, Vincent supposed, he did get things done.

Vincent opened the door and ushered Garlinad in. Offering Garlinad a drink of brandy (which was refused, of course) and taking his seat, he placed his hands on the desk.

“So how can I help you, Garlinad? Want more men to throw into the meat grinder? Or how about more provisions? You're eating them up like an Orc, Garlinad. You've got a few loose eggs down there with you. I'm sure they're stealing supplies.”

“I dun' really care if they're nickin' stuff, Price. They're getting' work done. ‘Sfar as I'm concerned they deserve a few perks.”

“Perks we can ill afford, Smith. Now, damnit, if you can't keep control of your men, then I'll do it for you!”

“Can it, Price. Coincidently, that's why I'm ‘ere. Orders from on-high say that you're to join us on ground level.”

“What?! This is outrageous! Said who? I already did my part on the ground! I took the required days down there with the rest of you! I did not earn this position to simply fall back into line with the rest of you grunts!”

“Tha's no' the point, Price. Criminals are getting' smarter these days, an' we're ‘avin' problems wit' all sorts of new stuff. Unfortunately, the good ‘onourable gents up hobnobbin' at parties thought it would be adequate enough to send someone with a bit o' noble trainin'. Someone, like yew, Price. See, I dun' like this any more than you do. ‘Sfar as I'm concerned yer jus' gonna get in the way. But we're both stuck wit' they're orders, so let's make the most o' it, eh? I'll see you tomorrow. Yew know the time. An' dun' be late!”

Garlinad picked up his paper and left the room. Vincent was sure he was enjoying this. Well, he'd show Smith. Through formal training and etiquette one could easily overcome the dirtiest of fighters! The criminals in the street were ignorant peasants, surely. Unable to truly hold a blade. This would be a short-term thing. A few nights of service, report that the situation was under control and back to work as usual. Back to the paperwork. This would be no problem.

If only it were that simple, he thought as he shakily poured himself another brandy.
Your intro is a bit bare-bones, I think. Wouldn't hurt to flesh it out a bit more! :D Regardless, I liked your story. I think I can recall seeing you (or someone with your name, anyway!) posting on the Retail RP forums. Hrm... In any case, Welcome to the server!
Haha, I just don't do very well at introductions. I usually have all these ideas and then when it comes down to the crunch I simply shrug my shoulders and say "Uuuuuuh..." :P