Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Issue getting connected. Help, please.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello! I've recently come across this server and I've done everything that was posted in the "Guide of Awesomenes", ie. I've changed the realmlist to what is required and downpatched to 3.2.0. Unfortunately, however, when I try to log in, the game is unable to validate.

"Unable to validate game version. This may be caused by file corruption or the interference of another program."

Now, as far as I know the game shouldn't be corrupted. All I've changed is the realmlist and deleted the Patch.MPQ and Patch2.MPQ files (as recommended) and run the repair tool. I've deleted the WMB folder and done everything I can think of.

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong? :(
YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG /cough

Double-check your realmlist folder? I had the same problem. It reverts back to the Blizzard one every time you patch up.
Or better yet, is your realmlist in the right folder?

Silly question, but it's sometimes been the answer believe it or not.
Yup, checked both. Realmlist folder is in "C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Data\enGB" and it says

set realmlist coth.game-host.org
set patchlist coth.game-host.org
set realmlistbn ""
set portal us

Anyone else got any ideas? =/
I see it.
Montywort Wrote:set realmlist coth.game-host.org
set realmlistbn ""
set portal us
Do you see it? ^^

It's supposed to be:
Quote:set realmlist coth.game-host.org
set realmlistbn ""
set portal eu
Hooray for me?

Anyway, server's down.
Server's down? Oooh.. That's why it kept asking me to connect.
Well, I changed the realmlist to "eu" but it's still not getting past validation. The same problem seems to be occurring =/

Thanks for everyones help so far!
There's ten people online as I write this. It's not down - although we did all get DC'd about ten minutes ago.
Montywort Wrote:Well, I changed the realmlist to "eu" but it's still not getting past validation. The same problem seems to be occurring =/

Thanks for everyones help so far!
Are you rolling 3.2.0a?
did you make sure the wtf and catch folders were deleted?
Well I keep pressing the CotH realm and then it just says "Connecting" and then asks me to pick a realm again.
I seem to be down too, checking my WoW stuff though, I'll edit if I get on.

Well, it's nuthin' obvious. So, file coruption ey? I'd recommend running the WoW repair.
Thanks muchly!
thegirls Wrote:Well I keep pressing the CotH realm and then it just says "Connecting" and then asks me to pick a realm again.

Same problem for me. It happened after I was kicked out of the server.
It's the same for me over here. *potters around in circles while waiting for his gaming-vent to come back on*
Pages: 1 2