Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Introducing Chaud
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

I'm 18 and am planning to go to university to study Physics in October (by the time I post this it will probably be October and if I'm particularly slow/lazy I'll be at uni). I like to think I'm a friendly person with a lot to offer (even as I write this I realise it is such a clichéd thing to say but I've always found it hard to describe myself). I tend to think I'm quite funny but like all the great comics I've been told otherwise…

WoW was my first experience with role-play; I created a character on an RP server just to see what it was like and enjoyed the experience thoroughly. I joined a small RP guild, of which I was a valued member, and enjoyed the community. However the guild dissolved and after that I found it hard to find other serious role-play on the server. I have since played high end players on both normal and RP servers but never really found that nice community feel again in the game.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

I'm from the UK and speak English and being from the UK have no grasp on any other language. I am well spoken but occasionally have the odd hiccup with spelling and grammar and have tendency to forget words (I kid you not, it's like teenage dementia or something. I forget names of close friends and all sorts as well) which very occasionally lead me to word something funnily to avoid using the forgotten everyday word. I also spell colour with a U and refuse to do otherwise!

How did you get into Warcraft?:

Warcraft 3 was my first online gaming experience and I played it with a school friend. About half a year after the release of WoW me and him bought it and I've had a love/hate experience with it ever since, diving in and out of it at various points.

What made you seek our server over others?:

To be perfectly honest I stumbled by the site website completely be accident, I wasn't even looking for private servers nor have any prior experience with them, however the site's description enticed me and after reading the rules and polices I decided to submit a introduction.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

Numerous kinds and I'm fairly open to try anything as long as it's not completely idiotic (which from what I've read I won't find too much of here). I'm fond of mysterious and dark plots, assassins and bandits in the dark and such.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

Rogue because of the versatility of the class in role-playing. The rogue and the warrior are the least defined classes in WoW which gives you a lot of room to wiggle with them while remaining true to the original class, a rogue can be thief, an assassin, a spy or mysterious sell-sword in a dank tavern. A rogue tends to fit my role-playing style best as well, fitting into the darker and more intriguing elements of the game.

What are your expectations of this server?:

Good role-play in a friendly community where there is no tolerance for people who are just out there to ruin other people's fun.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

Probably the strict rules on respect and maturity, like I wrote above I don't take kindly to people who are only there to ‘poop the party'. Especially with the strict entrance requirements of introductions and character profiles having to be posted as well, I expect that the members of this server are mature and enjoyable players.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

This story is my first of any sort (outside of school) so don't judge me too harshly. I was going to go on for quite a bit longer but I realised I might be going a bit over the top.

Herman shivered, whether it was from the cold or the doubt he was unsure. It was the worst night in the forest for years, even the trees provided little cover from the heavy rain. Herman pulled his fur further up around his shoulders, still keeping a tight hold of the reins of his small cart. Lighting streaked off in the distance illuminating the dark forest briefly followed by a deafening thunder. The horses were spooked that much Herman could tell, their timid pace adding unwanted time to an already uncomfortable trip. The lighting flashed again in the distance, lighting up Harman grim drenched face but providing only a brief glimpse before once again bathing the forest in darkness. Herman peered around the bleak forest noting the lack of any movement other than his own cart, less than you'd expect for such a forest.

Shifting nervously, he couldn't shake the feeling on dread that hung over him; he was regretting ever accepting this cargo.
Why didn't I hire some mercenaries to guard this payload? He thought to himself, greed was always going to be his undoing. Usually he wouldn't even think of hiring guards for his cart, especially for a payload as simple as grain, but he knew this wasn't the usual payload of grain. Herman had quickly realised that this wasn't the usual job when his contact from the capital had approached him with accompanied by five city guard.
“Herman Rennfield I presume,” the man asked as he walked into the chosen meeting spot.
“That is me and you are?” Herman peered at his contact, eyeing him up. The man was heavyset, carrying a lot of weight in his gut, and was obviously past his best days, his hair tinged with grey and his face creased with lines. His hair was short and a little rough and a thick moustache cover the bare skin between his nose and lips.
“My name is…unimportant,” he replied sternly, lighting a pipe as he did and placing it mouth, keeping strong eye contact with Herman.
“Then how will I seek you out once the payload is delivered.”
“We will be paying you up front Mr. Rennfield for your services to the…” he paused briefly, “to us Mr. Rennfield.”
As he spoke one the guards removed a large bag from his belt and handed it forwards to the Contact who then preceded to hand it to Herman. As Herman took the bag he peered inside and saw more gold coins than he had ever seen before in his life.
Controlling his surprise Herman replied, “How'd you know that I just won't take the gold and run then?”
“We'll know Mr. Rennfield, we'll know.” Herman could see no deception in the man's eyes though he didn't need to check, this contact had an air of deadly seriousness to him.
“This isn't just a simple grain payload is it?” The suspicion in Herman's voice was clear.
“No Mr. Rennfield this is just simple cargo of grain, needed for our boys on the frontline. Now run along and get this job done, understand?”

Back in the dark forest Herman knew that this was no simple cargo of grain, not at the amount of gold he had been paid to transport or the circumstances of the arrangement.
Rumour had it that the military was sending commands to the frontline with standard supplies due to the amount of ‘missing' couriers. Herman knew that if he knew this then there was no reason why assassins wouldn't. Above the crescent moon retreated fully behind the thick storm clouds, leaving the forest in almost pitch black. Herman struggled to peer ahead of him when he felt the heavy crash in the cart behind him. Before he could turn he felt an almighty force on his back, as if he'd been struck with a stone. He struggled to breathe, had somebody punched him, was he winded? His hands felt warm, he was losing his grip on where he was and what was happening, he remembered a cargo and a crash…In the distance lighting flashed again, illuminating the forest. Herman peered down just in time to see the long silver shaft protruding from his chest withdrawn and as darkness once again consumed him he thought to himself.
Why didn't I hire some mercenaries to guard this payload?
Welcome to the server!

I liked your introduction, interesting story and points of view on RP.

Just a 'lil something for myself..but..what server on retail did you migrate from?

Other then that, have fun on the server and remember to join /chat for general discussion and /barrenschat for silleh things.

If you have any questions , concerns or what have you...don't hesitate to PM me! :p
Moonglade and Argent Dawn servers.
Moon Guard?

Is it even worse than the last time I checked? It used to be quite good quite a few months back in Feb-March, but. For retail of course.
Is Moon Gaurd a US server? I should have mentioned I was playing on European servers (one of which is called Moonglade)
Yo welcome here
Chaud Wrote:........ tendency to forget words (I kid you not, it's like teenage dementia or something. I forget names of close friends and all sorts as well) .........
happens to me a lot too, forgetting the names and faces of classmates :mrgreen: