Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Noah's Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
(This can be anything. We like to get a feel for those that will be integrating themselves into our community.)
Hi there! My name is Noah. I'm 18 years old and have already seen alot of the world - from the Austrian Alps to the city of Santiago, Chile. Though I adore history, English is my strong point. I enjoy writing as well as reading (though I am quite picky!). I'm currently in college, hoping to major in music (the classical guitar being my primary instrument).

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
(We ask this, as we take this into consideration with players that do not primarily speak English.)
I'm from the magical land of the USA (California to be precise). I'm fluent in English, but I also speak a little bit of Spanish.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Actually it started a long time ago. I was an avid Starcraft player from my youth. I loved playing the game, especially online with my friends. I kept seeing ads for Warcraft III, and people on Battle.net who were playing Warcraft III. I decided to give it a try and was welcomed with an absolutely exciting plot of a prince who discovers an attack on his kingdom by hordes of the Undead. I continued to play through the addicting and heart-felt tales of the four different races available for play. From then on, I absolutely loved the storyline. My best friend and I used to practically study the lore. When World of Warcraft came out, it was pretty much a given that I was going to try it. I enjoyed it alot (still do).

What made you seek our server over others?:
Scrolling through the masses of 3.2.0 servers, I couldn't find anything interesting until those fateful two letters - letters that pluck the strings of interest in my heart - "RP". I was thrilled at the thought of being able to partake in a private server that was primarily for Role-Playing, which is an aspect that has brought me the most enjoyment out of the game. It was the entire reason I wanted to play World of Warcraft in the first place. Seeing the introduction system made me even more attracted to the server. It seems to be a near-guarentee of the quality of Role-Players on Conquest of the Horde.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
(Some enjoy relaxing tavern roleplay. Others enjoy fighting, action and danger. Some in crowds, some in pairs. What appeals to you the most?) I honestly prefer the more relaxed roleplaying. Sure one can go off on mighty battles, making history with the blade of the axe, and conquering lands for your faction (be it Horde or Alliance), but I would rather have a peaceful engagement with only a few other people at a time. It appeals to me much more to be involved in the personal aspect of characters' lives. It reminds me alot of acting as if I am in a play. I like to get involved with another character's emotions and outlooks on life in the world of Azeroth.

However, I do enjoy the occasional action-oriented role-play - particularly ones that involve political scandal. Deception and conspiracy are fascinating to me, and provide an element of surprise and excitement that I greatly enjoy.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I enjoy playing as the Sin'Dorei, particularly Blood Knights or Priests. The idea of a pure-hearted Blood Elf who found the Light and seeks penance for his peoples' blasphemy against the Naaru infatuates me. I also enjoy playing as a Night Elf Warrior who is endlessly loyal to the Alliance, and who abhors all things magical. The culture of the Blood and Night Elves interest me - I love the abstinence of magic found in the Night Elves (and their reasons for it) as well as their ancient history. But I also enjoy the flip-side - the over-indulgence and addiction to magic displayed by the Night Elves' counterparts, the Blood Elves. Like I said though, the idea of a Blood Elf who finally broke free from the horrendous addiction to magical energy is something I have loved to role-play in times past.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I hope that it will be an enjoyable experience for hours on end. I honestly expect it to be a place of lush characters who are filled with personalities, backgrounds, and life stories, and I can't wait to interact with them!

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
(Feel free to review our rules listed here.)
I would have to say that the Maturity rule appeals to me most. Its always a good thing to be able to resolve any issues with other players or things of that sort with relative ease. I can't tell you how important that is to me, and how annoying it can be when someone holds grudges over absolutely ridiculous things and acts out in a child-like manner.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

Ceradin pulled his hood over his head as he ambled along a poorly built road. It was peaceful outside - it had been merely a night after a heavy storm had settled in over the forests. He admired the tranquility of a land so foreign, so... hostile towards his kind. With birds chirping, and a brook flowing in the distance, he barely recognised his own light breathing.

"I had best be careful." he said to himself in his native tongue. Looking up he found he had stumbled across the path of a noble warrior. He was obviously of the Stormwind guard, bearing the proud colours of Blue and silver. The sword and heavy armour intimidated the Elf, causing him to quickly shut his eyes. He hoped that their glow would go unnoticed. "Anu-belo..." he started to greet. Big mistake. He realised that his honesty could land him within the fabled stockades, which were said to lie deep underneath the humans' capital city.

"Greetings." the guard spoke curtly. Ceradin sighed lightly, thinking that his quiet voice must not have been heard. That, or the Light was watching over him. "Greetings." he replied. He continued on his path, certain that his white garb would reveal the innocence he desired so deeply for his people. An innocence which had been long lost.

"The soldier must not have knowledge of our hello's. Good..." Ceradin spoke to himself again. "Now... what was that little village called? The one nearby? I have heard that there is rest to be had there."

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
(This can be anything. Questions/Comments are always welcome.)
This looks to be a great server!
Beautiful introduction!

It is with great enthusiasm that I welcome you to CotH!
Thank you so much. I am glad to be a part of the community now :)
Laoidheach Wrote:Thank you so much. I am glad to be a part of the community now :)

Ask us if you have any questions, by the way! I remember being new, walking around Stormwind not knowing what to do isn't too fun.
Welcome to CotH. Don't forget to /join chat