Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Entirely unable to connect
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, I've been on CotH for a little while now, and I've been having great times all around.

Today, randomly, I was booted from the server. Nothing strange about this, really, it happens sometimes. Usually I just re-log in and everything's good to go.

Except now I can't.

For whatever reason, every time I try it starts up and does this little number:

"Connecting"

<long pause>

"Unable to connect. Please try again later. If the problem persists, please contact technical support at: <insert blizzard tech address here>"

So, this has been going on for approaching a decent half hour or forty five minutes now. I've tried my redundant installation, nothing. Restarted the computer? Nothing. Disabled all my firewalls, protection, etc, nothing.

I have internet. This post is perfect evidence of that. I've checked had WoW check its own data. I've checked my realmslist. I don't think I'm banned (I can't imagine what I might have done,) I know my WoW data is valid, my connection is directed in the right place, the servers are up... What's going on here?

If anyone has ever had this happen to them before, and knows how to fix it, please give me a heads up, as I'm now completely lost. Thank you so much in advance.

-Rimewynd
I think everyone is having that, right now.
As far as I can see, no one is able to connect. I think we just have to wait for the Admins to reboot the server and see if it helps.
Sheppard Wrote:As far as I can see, no one is able to connect. I think we just have to wait for the Admins to reboot the server and see if it helps.

Maybe there was an unknown update? Is there anyone on the server currently?
Oh. Well, that makes me feel a lot better. Thanks. Was confusing me no end.

Thanks so much for the quick replies, too. :) I'll just try back in another few hours.
bogotus Wrote:
Sheppard Wrote:As far as I can see, no one is able to connect. I think we just have to wait for the Admins to reboot the server and see if it helps.

If you click on the 'Player Map' in the sidebar, you'll see that none is online at the given moment.
Sheppard Wrote:
bogotus Wrote:

If you click on the 'Player Map' in the sidebar, you'll see that none is online at the given moment.

I know, I'm just lazy.
Server crashed. Just wait for a GM to reboot it.
I was about to post this exact same thing xD Well, this is helpful. I was kinda worried it was my own connection or computer, but apparently not. At least the entire server shares my pain! :p
So I'm sittirng here running repair for NO reason?! Good to know then ^^ thanks.