Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Speebleboppa's Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

Heeeey! Well! I'm a player, as you've no doubt gathered!
My name is Scott, I'm 19 years old, and I've been playing retail World of Warcraft pretty much since it's release, on a variety of different realms.

I started out on a normal server, and within months found myself on Ravenholdt RP-PVP where I met and befriended the guy you might know as Valen/timmy123! He was the chieftain of the Shadowscar Tribe at the time, and one of the more prominant horde guilds on the server. (As far as Trolls go.) We've been good buddies ever since (And trust me, he's even more awesomesauce in person).

Since then, I've been pursuing Roleplay on both Horde and Alliance, on various roleplaying servers, though more predominantly Darkmoon Faire RP and The Sha'tar RP.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

I'm from the United kingdom, and English is, of course my primary language, so no sweat there!

How did you get into Warcraft?:

I first got into Warcraft after buying, and playing Warcraft 3: Reign of Chaos, And it's expansion pack respectively. I thoroughly enjoyed it, and when I saw the website for World of Warcraft, I just thought "Wow.. That looks awesome."
Especially as I'd been thinking about getting a MMORPG for a while and was considering my choices.

What made you seek our server over others?:

Well, If I'm honest, I got a little- No, I tell a lie, A LOT frustrated with the declining quality of roleplay on the retail servers. It rapidly became quite depressing, and I just lost all sense of enjoyment in the game.
That was when Good ol' Timmy told me about this server!
Seriously, He's been telling me for an age now about how brilliant it is and trying to reel me in, And i thought it was about time I checked it out!

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

What appeals to me the most is kind of a tough question, I enjoy all of these!
Though I will admit, sometimes I just don't have the will to do fights, or anything overly dramatic.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

Good question, and while Night Elf Druid comes close, I'd have to say Undead rogue, I loved the idea of the forsaken in Warcraft 3 : TFT and have loved them ever since, with their vast, and often crazed personalities, the way they fight fire with fire, and their downright evil cunning. Though, I guess in direct defiance of most of this, one of my favourite Non-player characters is in fact the Forsaken Knight of the Argent Dawn who's seeking to cure himself of undeath. I don't know.. the concept of Redemption is one i've always liked too.

Rogue? Because this is another thing I really enjoy, Stealth, twin blades, and some kickass looking leather sets, Need I really say more? I guess I do, as I didn't really underline my RP reasoning behind it. A rogue can be a variety of things, from a simple pickpocket, a dashing scoundrel, to the most sinister and cold assassin. Personally, I vouch for the last part of that, though. And then there's all the tools, the poisons, the methods of killing to make every death just that bit more interesting.

Now, when you put the two of those together, It spells all kinds of fun.

What are your expectations of this server?:

My expectations of the server? Fun, most importantly, and the opportunity to get involved with something big again, I can't remember the last time I was.
No little kiddy morons ruining things for everyone else too, I guess.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

The rules listed for roleplaying. I can't stress enough how much it irks me when people make no regard for the lore, or claim their character is something incredibly crazy. The second one that appeals to me the most is respect. I don't feel it's shared out enough on retail servers, but of course, You can't stop people playing the way they will, and most grief generally goes under the radar when it comes to GMs acting upon it.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

Err.. You want me to tell a story eh..? Alright, I'll steal a section from a Naruto (Yes, I'm a total Narutard, please don't hate me for it) Story i've been working upon.

Night had fallen upon Konoha, a pale moon glowered down upon the village hidden in the leaves, like a benevolent god watching it's flock. At the Hyuuga estate, the only sounds to be heard were that of crickets chirping excitedly to the warm spring breeze. A mild breeze that willed the cherry blossoms to dance back and forth in merriment.

At this hour, everyone was fast asleep, after a jovial night drinking Sake together as family, branch or otherwise. Everyone, except the Hyuuga who called himself Neji.

The proud Hyuuga wandered through the sizeable courtyard of the estate, and found his place stood upon the bridge over the pond, his wisteria tinted Byakugan eyes tracing around a particular Koi.

No longer a boy, His pale face had become more angular, and somewhat thin, although he maintained the good looks he had as a youth, If not having become that little bit more handsomer and refined with age. His long dark hair cascaded down his back, tied at the bottom with a simple string to hold it in place, and at the same time, framed his face, half hiding his magnificent eyes.

He was adorned in flowing white robes and a black Hakama, tied in place with a grey Obi sash, His robes were loose fitting enough to reveal his collar, and the top part of a chest that he'd miraculously been able to keep somewhere between muscular and slender. An outfit he would wear regularly as one of Hanabi's 'most trusted advisors'.

In all actuality, Nothing had changed with Hanabi's rise to the Hyuuga seat. The curse mark upon his forehead was still a cruel reminder of the past, and was still being put upon the people below the main house.
It was sickening, there was very little justice behind it, or any of the girls endeavors. She had become stoic, and ruthless.

Neji's hair swept in waves with the breeze, The low hair tie swinging back and forth. He closed his eyes for a long moment. To be one of Hanabi's 'trusted advisors' had in actuality meant he was under close observation. As if she were scared he'd threaten to take her out during the night, and assume control himself. A misplaced desire, that had only once crossed his mind.

There was a time, some years ago, when life was relatively carefree.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was awful hard to watch for something when she didn't know her exact objectives, 'Watch Neji...' was literally all she got. Biting her lip, TenTen was taking her chances. She took another branch leap closer, it was hard to see him from the distance, after all. When, by accident, she rustled a leaf she knew her cover was blown.

Neji, after all, had grown up. In fact, they had watched each other grow up. They were part of a team after all, always having each other's back. And now look, she was spying on him. Since that leaf rustled though, she knew he would catch it. Mentally cursing herself, she jumped down, her ornately coloured Panda mask still on. No matter, Neji would also recognize it.

"Neji-kun," Her voice was quiet, strained. She sounded as if she were talking to a friend who was sick, or having some sort of problem, "You probably know why I'm here... I'm sorry." She could see his face now with each step, her stomach fluttered a bit. She was getting used to see him with his mask, his face struck her whenever she did see it. It was a mixture of beauty and maturity. Often, she found her mind tripping on itself when he saw her.

Sure, TenTen once had a small childhood crush on Neji, but that was years ago. They acted as friends now, the best of. That was something she never wanted to ruin...

"TenTen..." He began, his voice just as tender, "...How many are there?" The words hung heavy on the wind, despite the feathery way in which they were said, he was obviously referring to any comrades she might have also closeby.

He raised his head, in a painfully slow manner. His fringe danced this way and that, the bulge of veins about his temples and beneath his eyes were made obvious, as he slowly opened his eyes, their lavender tinted white rolling into focus, the pupils of which made subtly more distinct. The Byakugan locking onto her hazel gaze with a mature solemn softness.

His lips contorted into that of a fleeting smile, weighed already under enough burden. The faint green Manji on his forehead was visible, He wore no headband, no mask, and no bandages this evening. In fact, Hanabi had made it a decree amongst the Hyuuga that a branch clansman's mark must always be made visible, to set them apart from the pure.

With a stronger gust, cherry blossoms were torn from their branches and fluttered in formation with the wind, and with them, Neji's dark brown hair had blown over his right shoulder, now hanging like a clock's pendulum over his heart.

"...Am I to die this night? By your hand?" He managed to maintain a weak smile with admirable gusto. Having gone through Life and death together, and become the elite amongst the elite of ANBU special ops, the fear of death had been scattered to the wind.

One hand lifted her mask from her face, replacing the emotionless panda to the near-tears face of an long-time friend. She would not subject herself to such vulnerability, but she couldn't help it. Cherry blossems brushed her face lightly, the smell coming off of them contradicting the mood in it's entirety.

"Four, besides me..." Her voice was still hushed, she took a step forward, but reluctance was in every step she made. She felt like ever step she made closer to him put him closer to his grave. Regadless, she soon found herself right in front of him, if not pressing into. Moving a single, eerily pale hand up, she covered the seal. It only brought on more of Hanabi than she cared to think of.

"It's only a matter of time, before-" TenTen cut herself off, her breath coming in a little sharper than it should have, "Before I'm ordered to kill you, Neji..."

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Nothing I can think of. If there's anything you'd like to ask me, similarly, don't hesitate to do so!
Welcome to the server, Friend of Valen!

Personally, your name makes me giggle. If you need any questions answered, just message me, Valen, or any of the Grunts of GMs. They'll all be happy to help you.

Have fun!
Hey there!

I get that a lot. :wink:

Will do! Thank you!
Yo welcome here

PiesOfGod Wrote:Welcome to the server, Friend of Valen!

Personally, your name makes me giggle. If you need any questions answered, just message me, Valen, or any of the Grunts or GMs. They'll all be happy to help you.

Have fun!
You trying to say we peons can't help people ? /flex :mrgreen:
Shane Wrote:Yo welcome here

Personally, your name makes me giggle. If you need any questions answered, just message me, Valen, or any of the Grunts or GMs. They'll all be happy to help you.

Have fun!

They probably figure that we don't know as much as most of the grunts around here. Which would probably be true.

Also: WELCOME TO COTHRP
bogotus Wrote:
Shane Wrote:Yo welcome here

Have fun!

They probably figure that we don't know as much as most of the grunts around here. Which would probably be true.

/flex

And as the awesome PiesofGod said, OBVIOUSLY WE GRUNTS ARE SUPERIOR IN EVERY WAY AND ARE BETTER RP'rs.

Seriousness now, it's just that we know a bit more about how the server works, more experience and therefore (hopefully) more answers. Really, ask anyone if you have a question.