Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Muezick's Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
Well, all considering, I'm fairly new to Warcraft. I've been playing since... Oh, just before Wrath of the Lich King, I think. Month or two beforehand. But I'd like to say that I know quite a bit about the game. Maybe not everything, of course, but... I know a thing or three. I've noticed that, when I play, I look for people with respect towards others, and generally play with them. Grouping, dungeons, all that. Hopefully, I'm polite back, but... I have off-days. It happens to everyone. As a character, I'm usually enterprising, looking for a way to get an edge on the market and make money. Or, if I have enough money for the rest of the game, I'm finding a way to help anyone who needs it. It seems a bit bi-polar, I know, but the former is usually accomplished by lower prices on the AH, and handier items put there as well. There's also the not-so-often meeting with clientele to haggle a price, or ask for a specific item that might be hard to get. Other than that, I'm fairly sure I'm rather standard. Nice, comedic... Well, I'm Muezick. That's just me.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I'm kind of a country bumpkin... But I live in the city, if that changes anything. I was born in Independence, Missouri (USA), and I live there now, but I've lived in Arizona and Michigan, too. I've got a southern drawl, or so my friends say. I speak English, and a bit of German, Spanish, and French. Like... Small bits. Very small.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
One of my friends showed me the game, and got mad when I asked why he was playing a girl character. Turns out it was a Male Blood Elf Paladin. I basically got the game to bug him about it, but grew to love the environments and story (and began to hate Blizz for their neglect of the story). I've been playing since, with a break here and there.

What made you seek our server over others?:
I heard of it from a friend, and I'm always up for RP... so why not give it a shot? I looked on the site and then... Wow. It's so intense, and from what I hear, it's flat out... Fun. It's what WoW is supposed to be, instead of one-upping people you've met over the internet.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Oh, all kinds. Merchant, politics, war, casual... I'm particular to one that I created about a year ago that had to do with the server's custom storyline (happened after WotLK, about 800 years). I'm relatively sure it won't happen here, but it was quite fun.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
For gaming purposes? Blood Elf Paladin. I've been able to make a Holy spec that does more DPS than a Ret Paladin, and it always makes my opponents furious because they can damage me, but I just heal up, and then dish out damage back to them. Only problem was... It was a shotgun blast. I lose mana quickly. Luckily enough, it was usually enough to kill my opponent.
For roleplay purposes, though? Warrior, Rogue, Warlock, or Mage. The mindsets that these classes have are brutally effective with how I play. Brash, sneaky, scheming, studying. They fit well together.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I never dive in with an exact expectation, because I haven't tried it yet. I don't like to be disappointed. However, I will say this - This site has the largest amount of requirements I've ever seen to join (that's a good thing), and you reject someone because they won't fit well. That's either xenophobic or brilliant, and I'm leaning towards the latter.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
The part about 'no sexism'. You'd be surprised how often that gets overlooked on most servers.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!: I don't know if this would qualify, since it's from another server that I used to be on, but it was written while I was the story advisor for the main GM. I'll see if I can remember it correctly.

The Hand sidles their weapons and gives a heavy look to the battlefield, remorse in their eyes, hearts palpating with grief. The battlefield is strewn with their brethren, and for what? A small patch of blighted land, not fit for the graves of the dead? And yet, the Hand will bury family here. Many will be burned, for the corruption lingers in their corpses. It must be cleansed.

Collette, the Mistress, smiles at the dead. She may have lost warriors, but no matter - There are more. There will always be more. She looks from her obsidian tower, high above Silverpine, and laughs. Her manservant flinches, for the laugh is but a dry rasp from the unliving mouth of the Mistress. She will go about her business today, as any other, and the war will rage on. It will always rage on.

The Hand begins to set fire to the dead, and hesitates. Last glimpses show parents, siblings... and children. They do not weep, for they can not. The tears have long been dried away. Sacrifices have been made, and silent grief is the only reward of their vicious supplication to the Light.

The Mistress sits on her throne, weary of the small politics and idle chatter. She yearns for something more, but what else is there? The world and all its treasures, not enough? Preposterous, she believes. Absurd. But just then, her ears catch wind of a soft, whispering melody.

'Come closer, hither to my voice
The hour of my Calling is now
See that you keep from the fields, milady
For if you dive to the depths of bloodshed
That is when your soul shall be mine'

A singular Hand looks up, hearing the song on the wind. He is intrigued, for none in sight bears instrument of music, nor the joy to play.

'Find, young Hand, that blade of security
That bastion of defense you call home
Or set out again and again to war
And find that death is not the end
For I will push your torment further'

And then, silence. The Hand looked around, and his comrades heard it also, he could see it in their eyes. The haunting tune played through all their ears, and terrified them more than the battle.

The Mistress clung to her seat, chilled to the bone. Her manservant, huddled in the corner with fright moments earlier, had died of fear. Rigor mortis had set in already, as if he'd been deceased for hours.

The Qorrintash have come for their revenge.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Not much else to say, except that I also like the site design.
Wow... I've just read through it... Just... Wow.

Well, Hope to see you make a person, and obviously in game! =D
Welcome.

'Think you'll like it in here once you get settled.

*hands hot welcome cocoa*
Welcome to Conquest of the Horde!

I like the story, I even read the short poem out loud. 'S nice, well narrated and such. But hehe, I'm a hunter guy more than a Mage or 'Lock.

However, if you need anything or have a question be sure to throw me or any other
Grunt a PM, because I know at least I'm here to help. And when you join don't forget to /join chat to enter our global chat channel and get welcomed properly!