Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Books, Bonbons, and about Bellecroix
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

For obvious reasons, you may call me Bellecroix. As a player, I would consider myself to be a reserved person, the type to observe, calculate, and keep to myself. I suppose roleplaying brought out my 'colorful' and 'outgoing' side. I am usually the type of person to drink some iced java chip coffee while playing World of Warcraft, working on several sketches or listening to some music. Contrary to popular belief, I am rather an open person. In my writing, artwork and roleplaying, I am quite expressive and what most would call 'unrated'. Naturally, I respect a player's or person's boundaries, hoping for an adequate and satisfying experience, whether it be in my writing, roleplaying, or other activities. Regardless, I try not to restrict myself to just one subject when it comes to my hobbies, as you can tell. I would consider myself to be an overall friendly player. After I picked up this nifty game, I became immersed into the storyline and playability. I soon developed a 'can do' attitude, and I respect others even if they haven't the slightest respect in me.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

Though I was born in the sunny state of Florida, my roots are in Cuba and Spain. I like to think of myself as a mesh of ethnic backgrounds. My native tongue is Spanish, and English became my second language.

How did you get into Warcraft?:

After roleplaying on several forums and instant messenger programs, I stumbled upon this game after having a nostalgic moment, thinking about the Warcraft series. I was inclined to buy it from the store. Honestly, a game with different clothing and class options as well as immersing yourself in a game with other players was appealing to me. One would say that I got into Warcraft without peer pressure, but rather self induced pressure.

What made you seek our server over others?:

I chose this server because of its' formality and friendliness. To be quite honest, the application process is appealing because I would expect to see less GMers and rude people. It seemed to be a mature atmosphere with sensible beings, not sentient blobs of ooze with horrible grammar and appalling attitudes. (It's harsh, but it had to be said, no? We all avoid them)

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

I fancy many kinds of roleplay and allow myself to be subjected to almost all kinds. The 'tea and biscuits' roleplay is a personal favorite (In other words, taverns, markets, public roleplaying). I also enjoy a bit of action and suspense. After all, our characters are bound to defend themselves or be the ones to cause the commotion! As for mature roleplaying, I am open to that as well. I also love to do some traveling while roleplaying. What is better than a group of people venturing through the Howling Fjord, carrying the banner of Sylvanas?

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

My favorite race is the Forsaken. They have such a rich storyline and such an amazing city. What really hooked me to them was Lady Sylvanas and the mannerisms of the undead. The Royal Apothecary Society also interested me. After all, I do love some mad science. They are straight to the point, secretive, and vengeful (Traits I find most appealing). As for my favorite class... Priests! The choice to be a courtly priest of Discipline, a vessel of Holy light, or an agent of the Shadow is all to tempting. Prim and proper by nature, harnessing spiritual and mental forces and balancing these powers with ease. Does that not sound appealing?

What are your expectations of this server?:

To immerse myself in a roleplaying environment with many others. I expect to see different kinds of roleplaying in many different cities and bases. I would also expect to not see a thousand death knights (any who play on other servers would see many)

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

The 'Keyboard Skills' rule appeals to me the most. I am sure we all come here to escape the dreaded 'hey guys how r u doin?' . Grammar, punctuation, and spelling are valuable things in roleplaying. It would be a shame to see many people throwing that out the window.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

A Torn Girl

Alvian...My darling...Will I ever see you...Again?

Yes, Donna...Just as sure as the sun will rise above Quel'Thalas...When it does....I will think of you...Always...

Always...
This dream ended when the echoes of moaning and weeping penetrated my ears. I kept my eyes shut, hoping that the cold dirt and rotten smell were part of another dream. Pretending to be asleep, I heard faint voices and possibly the crackling of fire. As the sound of the fire grew stronger, an acrid smell lingered in the air, overtaking the previous stench. For some reason, I did not flinch or stir from my motionless state.

“Ve rogesh mor,” Said one of the faint voices. There was groaning and a loud thump, as if a heavy load was dropped. Footsteps crept towards me, yet I did not feel my heart stop. They grew louder and I tried to trace them with my heartbeat, but I couldn't. As soon as the feet stopped, this rasped breathing was blowing at my face, and it said, “thin mori odes, a'l glos vil.” Frigid, callused hands grabbed my chin and turned it around. Dull nails clasped tightly around my throat and the voice with the rasped breathing said, “Nar fel rog thin mor. Vila e dana ealdan. Barad'ev aete e elod viliea eh?”

It then lifted me from the ground and hoisted me on its boney shoulders, which gored my stomach. I let out a yelp and opened my eyes. I could not pretend anymore, for staring straight at me, were a pair of lamp like yellow eyes, a skew jaw, and molded flesh. Looking down, I noticed the man who hoisted me had missing skin and congealed fluid on his rotten meat. “Hoi, vila firas! A denmt keeled-aaah!” Immediately, I flailed and caused the man to lose balance. He fell with a thud on the cold dirt, and I landed on him. He pushed me off after I slapped him several times, and then he held my arms against the ground.

“Let me go! Oh please, let me go! Oh gods please heed my-Ssssilence, girl…”The man let go of me, and I scurried into a dank stoned corner. I wept feverishly, placing my arms against my face as my only protection. “Velden…I did not tell you to let that girl go.” A different, more clanking pair of footsteps drew toward me, and as I removed my arms to see who it was, I was again, face to face with the skew jawed man. He caressed my cheek with his smooth hands, and murmured, “do you know where you are, girl?”…I don't know…I could not say anything to this horrid man. “No? Well…You are in a crypt. Dead. Not a live anymore. Get it? I shall give you a moment to cry assss we decide if you are ussseful for usss or not.”

The man stood up, and rasped, “if you do not believe me, then look at your hands. Feel your ssstiff flesh. Embrace the lack of a heartbeat.” Not a moment after he said that, I felt obligated to obey him. I touched the palm of my hands and then slid them down my legs through my dress; cold as ice, soft as silk, and tinged green. The dress, which was previously lilac, was tattered and worn, with rips and what appeared to be dried blood. Ashamed of this state, I clasped the jutting stones on the wall to rise upward, and fell against several lumps of dirt.

“Oh, you are not going to cry, girl? Doesss it not sssicken you to be what you are?”

My feet twisted to gain firm ground.

“Mossst of you fresh onesss wail and weep. It growsss tiring.”

I pushed toward the ground to lift myself up.

“If you have ssspirit, then show me, girl. Show me!”

I shot straight upward, with a burst of might and will.

“I am not Girl…I am Donna…Donna Bellecroix.”

The man did not smile, though I had shown him a will to rise again. He merely nodded, and oddly, that was enough to satisfy me. “We shall sssee now, if you may prove yourssself to the Dark Lady. Any objectionsss?”

“I pray not.”

---

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

Amazing job on the application process. I can see myself playing with patient, friendly people in the future.
Welcome to CoTH! If you have any questions feel free to PM me. Also please do not offend the blobs of ooze...they are very sensitive LOL .

P.S: Very nice grammar for English as a second language.