Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: My Attempt at an Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
I'd like to think I am an experienced roleplayer but that has room to argue against since I've mainly Roleplayed on Warcrafts battlenet rather than rpg games, the experience I have had though was enjoyable and I strive to try and learn off people around me. I've been hovering between the warcraft games for a while now and picked up a good bit of the lore (how accurate it is compared to the wow lore I cant say) and dabbled in the rpg a little.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I am Scottish and speak English (though not very well at times as regional language tends to confuse people :( )

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I am an avid fan or the Warcraft series 1 up to 3 which were my first real RTS games that weren't under the Settlers and became hooked ever since, so when WoW came out I just progressed along side it and stuck with my favoured races at the time, the trolls! :D

What made you seek our server over others?:
Playing on retail wasn't the greatest experience.. The amount of interrupters, ERP'ers and general godmodders and super powered gods was an offput, so a friend reccomened that I try out private servers, and this one comes with a great reputation from what I've seen.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I like to go with the moment and see where everything flows, but out of all types my favourite has to be stratigic battles and skirmishes (I blame it on the RTS's ^^ )

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Most definatly troll, out of all the races they stand out as having the most diverse, chaotic and all round eventful history of all the races in my opinion, the also just have a brilliant character to them. Class I'm not to fussy about but to pick one I'd say Priest.

What are your expectations of this server?:
Taken a bit aback by the wording of the question but I'll have a shot, I would like to see hopefully some war based roleplaying rather than the neutral everywhere type that I've been drawn into before. Other than that roleplaying in general without the 'lol'ers' would be grand.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Faction Npc deaths and Intros tie for that I think, Intro since they actually force you to care enough to join a server rather than just enter at lesure and annoy folk. Where as with Faction NPC's reverts to another server I was one a while back, me and a friend slaughtered lakeshire after telling the allaince when we will attack, no one comes, therefor it didnt bother to happen and the Stormwind guard guys didnt even bat an eyelid, I'd love to be chased down by NPC's if I butchered their familys, it jsut seems the right thing to happen.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
I'm not sure if this is to be relevent so I'll play it safe and use a characters profile I played in retail:

Narria is a descendant of a Quel'dorei family of nobles whom willingly gave up the use of magic after the Burning Legion nearly destroyed their homeland.
She was born in the city of Eldre'Thalas (now Dire Maul) and from an early age travelled with her parents. She trained as a ranger rather than resort to the corrupted arcane flowing through her veins, this magic however does show through in her accuracy and shots though, unnaturally accurate the shots are guided by taints of magic and sometimes pack a bit of a magical punch to them. This is not without its danger though, as an uncle and cousin have already gave into the corruption and joined the ranks of the satyrs and that same corruption always lurks within the blood waiting to take hold.
At times she is arrogant and a bit of an elf supremacist, but being a learned elf she shows a degree of respect (more so towards the wildhammer dwarfs) and recognises them as a race as old ( or older) and protectors of the land. She also begrudges a respect for trolls and humans for their tenacity and ability to flourish under extreme pressure.
Tauren on the other hand she sees as imitation druids and lap dogs of the degenerate horde..

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I'd like to ask which lores (or mixed) you run your server on mainly? The RPG, books, or ingame lore or if I've missed out any.

Finishing off hope I haven't bored you half to death and looking foward (and a little dreading) to your replys :)
Quote:I'd like to ask which lores (or mixed) you run your server on mainly? The RPG, books, or ingame lore or if I've missed out any.
Anything that's especially unique can be found on the Wiki in the Server Lore section. :D And also...

Welcome to CotH!
Alright thanks for the info :) I'll be sure to check it out, hope to see ya about whenever I get on the server.