Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Testing 3.2.2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The server is on patch 3.2.2, though it is in a testing state currently. As previously mentioned in the server status forum, only those already with 3.2.2 should be logging in currently. Those that only have one installation of WoW with 3.2 should NOT patch up yet, -just- in case we need to do a rollback.
When would it be brought back to 3.2?
Just incase 3.2.2 is too buggy. It's happened in the past.
Lol. Right after I downgraded from 3.2.2. to come here. Which by the way on the server I was on with the 3.2.2. patch was very buggy. Especially quests and monsters. Such as you would try to attack a monster and it would at first run towards you but then revert back with full health. But then again, the other site was full of imbeciles.
Tried to update to take a look (Yes i got too much free time)

Is it just on my end or do Allience character now lack the orcish language ?
star2316 Wrote:Tried to update to take a look (Yes i got too much free time)

Is it just on my end or do Allience character now lack the orcish language ?
Languages are broken, every race misses them so not just you :)

On a positive note, health potions and mana potions now function properly! Yay.

Edit: Mana even.. typo.

Edit2: More starter quests bugged though, or so I've heard. Example of that is hogger, the Marshall won't accept hogger's paw any more.
I'm currently copying wow, so that I can patch one up. I tried to log in on the unpatched version, and it told me something about not being able to validated game version. I assume that's because I was not patched to 3.2.2 I hope it was the reason. <.<;

Edit: >.<! It wasn't, now to run repair and such.
I can't find anywhere in the code that was changed to actively prevent characters from learning opposite-faction languages. I'm wondering if it was a hard-coded change in the game itself.

If this is the case, we'll have to fall back to speaking in emotes for cross-faction RP. Either that, or removing the ability to speak in anything but a Universal language. Then again, the emotes -could- be more realistic in a sense. For example, an orc and a human talking. When the orc emotes, he does something like:
Quote:Kretol says, in Common, "Strength, warrior. Hope you're ready for a good fight." He smirks.
That way, the player could decide when he wants the opposite-faction member to understand him.
We can use emotes for IC talk, but what about /party? We'd have to create separate channels for inter-party OOC talk? This could get irritating. I'm very, very pro-universal language if this can't be fixed.
freelight Wrote:We can use emotes for IC talk, but what about /party? We'd have to create separate channels for inter-party OOC talk? This could get irritating. I'm very, very pro-universal language if this can't be fixed.
I'll actually see about making only /say and /yell language-specific, and have party-chat be universal.

Edit: As well as whispers - have them be universal as well.
Yeah.....Well, I got WoW GB version(AKA UK) I can't find the patches, could someone PM me a good link? All the ones I've tried are broken.
Is this 3.2.2a, the current retail build, or the halfstep down, 3.2.2? I just noticed that it tried to patch up twice when I did it.
I'm eager to find out if it's all official yet. xD Just got back from work, and I'm sure Grakor will be pleased to hear I've finally conjoured an idea for an orc, not that this has -anything- to do at all with this thread other then the fact I'm awaiting the outcome of Testing 3.2.2 with quivering excitement. *Flys away to profile thread.*
ulteo29 Wrote:Is this 3.2.2a, the current retail build, or the halfstep down, 3.2.2? I just noticed that it tried to patch up twice when I did it.
Either one. I'd suggest to patch all the way up, though.
Pages: 1 2