Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Sup from Linfone
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
(This can be anything. We like to get a feel for those that will be integrating themselves into our community.)
I'm a very relaxed and casual player of WoW. I play only a few days a week, but I tend to play for a period straight so whatever activities I fit into my time on this server will be continuous.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
(We ask this, as we take this into consideration with players that do not primarily speak English.)
I'm from the United States. My main language is English, but I also have a proficient command of Chinese.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I started with Warcraft I, then II, and then III. I played in Open Beta of WoW. I played for several years on and off in retail on PVP and PVE realms. I hadn't done any RP realm stuff for WoW.

What made you seek our server over others?:
Actually, I was sort of a journeyman of sorts, wandering from server to server (all private). I didn't want to pay for my WoW experience. Also, I realized that speed leveling to 80 or having custom vendors wasn't the entire experience for me.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
(Some enjoy relaxing tavern roleplay. Others enjoy fighting, action and danger. Some in crowds, some in pairs. What appeals to you the most?)
I enjoy fighting and action roleplay. I roleplayed for some anime stuff on IRC when I was in high school (never did board and dice though). I think the ability to get into a character and just live in his/her shoes is interesting - it makes you use your wit and charisma (if you have any).

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I'd say my favorite horde race is Troll (because they're kind of like intelligent pot-smoking slackers and mostly funny) and my favorite Alliance race is Human (because they're the most average people in the world...). My favorite classes are Shaman and Druid because I'm a sort of nature lover myself. If I were to roleplay, this sort of thing would come easy to me.

What are your expectations of this server?:
Well, I hope to have a good time with acting out a Troll or Human or whatever race/class combo I end up staying as a main. Instead of people going out to Warsong Gulch every 5 minutes and ganking each other to death, I hope to occasionally sit down in a tavern and discuss fishing spots or the latest gossip/rumors in Azeroth.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
(Feel free to review our rules listed here.)
Actually, I like all the rules per se. I mean, it may seem strict and rigid, but without any of those rules in place, there's a chance we could get 4 drunk people logged on as "Roleplaying" "Is" "For" "Pussies" or something like that.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

Originally born in Stormwind 5 years before First War, Lawrence Evershine grew up in the footsteps of a paladin father and a priestess mother, learning of the holy light. At age 10, his father and mother decided to send him to the Stormwind to study the light under Archbishop Faol. Around this time, the Knights of the Silver Hand were founded in Stormwind by Uther.

At age 14, he was already a prodigy of the holy light given his illustriously light-filled background. Lawrence spent fifteen years honing and refining his abilities to serving the light better. During this time, he met a woman who was studying to be a priestess, serving the same light, and fell in love with her, eventually marrying. They had a son, Sam, who was also going to grow up to be a paladin. Lawrence's parents were alive long enough to welcome their grandchild but shortly after passed away after living a full life.

The Scourge destroyed everything he knew and almost claimed his life. His wife and son were turned into the undead and, using his powers of the holy light, was forced to destroy them. Then near Stratholme, on a last ditch effort to suppress the growing force of undead, Lawrence was nearly killed in battle by an abomination but was able to stun the monstrosity momentarily and regroup with his allies.

After the events of the scourge invasion and Arthas's destruction of the Silver Hand, Lawrence, disillusioned, was nearly tempted to join the likes of the Scarlet Crusade, but remembered his vow when he first became a paladin in the Order of the Silver Hand decades ago. He had studied with other paladins under Uther and Faol during the Second War but those years seemed like a distant memory. Because of this, he went into seclusion in Westfall, occasionally doing battle with Defias but mostly keeping to himself.

After Tirion Fordring reignited the passion for the light in paladins around Azeroth and Kalimdor, Lawrence decided that he would rejoin the Order of the Silver Hand in order to destroy the heart of the Scourge, so that no man, woman, or child would ever be hurt or scarred by this wave of evil ever again. He is now known as 'Evershine'.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
(This can be anything. Questions/Comments are always welcome.)
No comments, yet.
[Image: wow-icon.gif]elcome Aboard!

However, I believe the last part of the introduction was meant to be an IC story! You may want to edit that. :P
Bump?
Hmm, I think whatever story is good as long as it is a reflection of his/her capabilities with a keyboard and brain.

That sounded so smart, booyah.

Welcome to Conquest of the Horde!