Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Prestige Classes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I've been reading up on Prestige Classes, sort of looking at what's available, to map out what I want to achieve, and get some semblance of a plan put together. ((Which seems like it'd make things easier than just up and randomly deciding to start doing it months from now))

The part that I'm wondering about is when nobody is currently playing a class, and you have to use the forum to RP it out, with you controlling an NPC.

So far, I haven't seen much that I would care to get into, for varying reasons.

The one I'm most attracted to at this point is for a Spirit Walker, to be applied to a Tauren. ((And naturally, there are none, at least according to the wiki.))
I think there's been a bit of misunderstanding. All the 'RP' you see is just their training to achieve the title.
No, I fully understand what it means. If there isn't a PC trainer to RP with, you create an NPC and do the RP entirely here on the forums.

The things I was wondering about were exactly how to go about handling that RP. If I want to be a Spirit Walker, I'm gonna have to do this, since there aren't any. And I just want to make sure I do things right, in regards to how the training should be handled, whether there are any specific milestones to cover, that sort of thing.
Well, I would suggest reading up on the class in WoWWiki to get a better feel of the class, and decide what exactly happens from then on.
I'd actually suggest reading up on the Warcraft D20 books to really study up on the prestige class you want. Get a feel at what they can do, their abilities, limitations, etc. Simply viewing the WoW wiki ain't enough.

All ya need to do is torre-, err, I mean PURCHASE THE BOOKS IN A COMPLETELY LEGAL MANNER to see what the class is all about.
Good time to ask, do I just send an aplication to a GM, just randomly? or...
Tch by the way Krent, We are already breaking the law playing this server >:P.
Tarne Wrote:Tch by the way Krent, We are already breaking the law playing this server >:P.

Actually we're breaking the terms of use for WoW, not the law. Blizz =/= "the law"

I also have a question about these classes.

Is it safe to assume one is limited to the Prestige Classes on the Wiki and/or wowwiki?
I think you should primarily stick to the Wiki for CoTH, but if you could present a good enough case for one that's not there, you might get approval.

I actually have a PM to Kretol about a Prestige Class that's not currently available, to see if we can't work out a way to implement it.
Prestige Classes are limited by the D20 books, basically, or are any non-standard class (Things you can't make from the character create window in WoW, and aren't variants thereof).

Edit: But we do rule out a few for being completely overpowered. Case in point: Bonecrusher.
I had been thinking about that also, on WoWwiki, they are sorted out into groups. Would these all still be classified as a prestige class and require permission from the staff?

:Core Classes:
Arcanist (Inscriber), Barbarian, Healer, Tinker

:Racial Iconic:
Dwarf Sharpshooter, Forsaken Apothecary, Gnome Tinker

I was thinking that most of these could be played with the standard classes, you just don't really get any special benefits from things.

Barbarian - A fury warrior could probably get by with this one.
Healer - A class dedicated to healing could be used here.
Tinker - This could probably be any class as long as you had Engineering and focused on it.

So would doing stuff like this be ok? As long as you don't cross over into those actually labeled as prestige classes?
Those are all prestige titles with the exception of Healer, which is supposed to be an overarching group containing the healing classes in the RPG. Healer doesn't actually count in later books, I believe, because they removed it in favor of class separation between the main healing classes (Druid, Priest, and Shaman).
Ok, well what is the stance on fictional classes? Well, not so much a class, so much as a group of people with specialized trainings, something on the order of a guild, without the guild.

Like if I had a hunter and I setup a way of life and training for that hunter and called him a "Wilderness Trapper" ((Let's say the lifestyle concentrated on trapping and whatnot).

And then other hunters were interested in that way of life, and wanted to accept training from mine. You could call it a pseudo-class if you like.

For all intents and purposes in the game engine, the character would be a Hunter, but in the RP they could be known as Wilderness Trappers.

Would this be acceptable? ((Within limits, of course))
garrett Wrote:For all intents and purposes in the game engine, the character would be a Hunter, but in the RP they could be known as Wilderness Trappers.

Would this be acceptable? ((Within limits, of course))

Seeing as Hunters basically are, uh, Wilderness Trappers when specced correctly, I'd imagine this sort of thing wouldn't be all that implausible. However, all the available prestige classes are listed on the wiki, to my knowledge - you can't just invent new ones, I'm afraid. Keep in mind that prestige classes are designed to empower certain characters above and beyond the boundaries of their class and are strictly defined in such a way, but you've still got significant room to wiggle around with what the class already permits.
I was searching for quite a while before I found anything that "Fit" my character, Maulbane. Really, I assume the next "Leap up" for a Hunter would be either a Sprit Walker or a Beastmaster, but I chose Beastmaster because of the extreme focus upon animals and interaction with them.

Think of it like speccing BM... ICly.
Pages: 1 2 3