Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Achas's Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
Well, when I got into retail World of Warcraft I found myself immersed in this amazing world. It was very new to me at the time and I hardly understood what I was doing. I was almost roleplaying by myself through all of the quests on my first character. Back then of course I had no idea roleplaying existed. Everyone that I used to play with weren't really serious about the lore of Warcraft at all. But I was. I've always enjoyed fantasy books and recently I've gotten into spending hours reading the Warcraft novels.

But back to my gaming experience...
I spend way to much time enjoying everything about gaming; and of course, I am really into "MMO"s. Ive played games like these for years and I know computers basically inside out. Not much more to say. I am a "gamer".

I'm 14. A freshman in high school. But before you stop reading and ban me because I'm [obviously extremely immature and incompetent] I just want you to know that I can be a mature person.
I hope I'll be accepted and I really cant wait to play some Warcraft. :wink:

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
Just American and speakin' English. Born and raised in the States. (However much of my family is from Ireland.)

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Okay, its the end of 5th grade, its the summer. Yippee. Now what do I do...? All my friends back then were really into video games, because well that's just kind of my generation. If I remember correctly I went home after school and went online to find some "cool games" (yes, very specific) and WoW popped up with a lil' free trial offer. Boom. Here I am.

What made you seek our server over others?:
I'm sick of looking for good role playing servers only to find either a group of 12 year olds or a ghostown of a server. CotH just stuck out in the crowd, it had some good ratings on youtube and other places, and I've just heard all around positive things about the whole community.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?: Anything really, as long as the roleplay is fun and it makes sense regarding the Warcraft lore.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?: Tough question. So many choices. If I really had to choose, its going to be a drawl between a Human Palidan and an Orc Warrior. They just have tremendous amounts of character in the the lore.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I just want everything to be running smoothly and everyone to be following the rules. (Having a good amount of people online at a single time is nice too; makes the roleplay more interesting. :wink: )

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?: That's going to be respect. (No, I'm not just copying the most excellent Introduction topic, which was very good by the way. LOL ) Players respecting the GM s and each other is a big part of roleplay, and can make a huge difference in the experience.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!: The Orc thrashed about furiously, his eyes ablaze with anger and frustration. The beast was tied to a pillar in the middle of a pile of ancient stone ruins. Massive trees surrounded the area and cast dark shadows down on the sight.
He had been abandoned... His brothers, his only family left, had deserted him in this strange land. The fierce violet moon over Ashenvale pierced threw the treetops, dotting the ground with small showers of dim light.
The Orc lashed out in anguish and flexed every muscle in his body trying to unmake the bindings. It was no use.
He had tried everything. Nothing could break the rope that the hunters had wrapped around him.
The Orc would die standing. Alone. Stuck to the pillar like a tiny child. Helpless.
Sweat dripped off his chin and he hung there, tied up, passed out from exhaustion.

It must have been a dream. It had to be, it made no sense. The boy sat in his bed for a few moments with his eyes closed. Suddenly they opened and he remembered where he was. Knew it was all his mind.
He hated the greenskins. The vile brutes who had slaughtered and burned one of his friends villages, years ago. He hated them with a passion.
For some reason however. The Orc in his dream... No, nightmare, had grasped the slightest bit of sympathy from the child. Something was sad, and different about that Orc. Something was more human than beast.
He pulled on his small leather boots and walked out the door, attempting to forget all of it...

[Right off the top of my head, just thought it might be interesting. I can do better.]

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

All set. :D
Welcome to CotH, mi amigo!

If you have any questions, any at all, don't be afraid to ask either in-game or here on the forums! And when you're on the server, don't forget to /join chat, for all your chit-chattering needs! If you feel like being random as well, you can /join barrenschat for nonsensical conversation.

Have fun, and see you in game!