Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Another One Arrives...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
(This can be anything. We like to get a feel for those that will be integrating themselves into our community.)

Hello to all reading this post, as a starting point, I would like to introduce myself. I am one of many names, and one of many faces, but a common name that seems to stick is Angel, more specifically, the Forgotten Angel. I have been playing World of Warcraft for about two years, and have recently picked up on Role Playing.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
(We ask this, as we take this into consideration with players that do not primarily speak English.)

I hail from the United States, and speak American English with a basic French understanding.

How did you get into Warcraft?:

I began playing World of Warcraft when my parents decided to buy it for me as a gift because of my love of Warcraft III.

What made you seek our server over others?:

I came to this server because I have decided the try Role Playing more seriously. All of the other Private Servers I could find were filled with people that smash things and call it a day. Hardly fun at all, rather monotonus if you ask me.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
(Some enjoy relaxing tavern roleplay. Others enjoy fighting, action and danger. Some in crowds, some in pairs. What appeals to you the most?)

While I am some what new to Role Playing, as it was something I picked up on, I have no general preferences to what kind of Role Play I participate in.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

My favorite race would have to be Night Elves (Spanning all the way to Blood Elves). Their history intrigues meand I have tried my best to follow it. My favorite class would most likely be a priest, or druid. My fasination with druids began with Warcraft III and I have enjoyed playing and learning about them ever since. Priests on the other hand are a class that I am good at and while they do not have particualarly alot of lore about them are interesting none the less.

What are your expectations of this server?:

I do not have many expectations of this server, good or bad, because this would be the first Role Playing Sever I have joined.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
(Feel free to review our rules.)

The "Knowing When to Quit" and "Humility" sections seem rather interesting to me. It is important to know when to stop if someone does not understand the situtation completely or if they simply do not like the situation at all. Humility on the other is an interesting part because I never actually occured to me that everyone's stories would have theeir characters as the main subject, while it seems logical, it's interesting to have two stories and see how well they mesh together.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

The leader of the group, an undead warrior called the group to a halt. His line of sight obscured by a thick line of trees blocking their path into the Hall. Before he could turn to address his group, however, there was a loud crash. The trees which were blocking their path came crashing down. The crash was followed by a booming voice.

“Who dares intrude on this sacred earth?!” The voice was loud and commanding, but obviously elderly.
An unusually large Ent stormed through the brush towards the warrior. Amber leaves floated around it as if falling, yet never reaching the ground. It moved swiftly for an Ent but did not seem to be the one who yelled.
The warrior raised his shield, more out of reflex than anything else, just in time to deflect a barrage of leaves. As he shifted into a more defensive position, he noticed scratch marks across the side of his shield. The Ent's leaves were more than they appeared.
“Dead, Ssylar, light up this candle!” He yelled over his shoulder.
Without hesitation, an Undead mage and Blood Elf warlock ran up behind the warrior. A few tense seconds past as the Ent lumbered forward, the noise of its steps periodically overriding the sound of cackling fire being shaped in the hands of the two spell casters. Before the Ent got within striking distance of the Undead Warrior, it burst into flames. Its first reaction was to send another barrage of leaves toward Ssylar, the Blood Elf warlock. The barrage never made it to the warlock, they were absorbed by a shield generated by his voidwalker which remained idle after protecting its master. The leaves fluttering around the Ent ignited. As the leaves erupted in flames a fireball was thrown at the Ent's shoulder knocking it back.
Stumbling, and disoriented, the Ent was incapacitated long enough for Ssylar to finish it off with an incinerate spell which blasted the Ent hard enough to force it to the ground. It landed in a smoldering heap, unmoving. The once green grass charred under the burning mass.
“Good job you two.” The warrior said, turning to them.
“I told you you'd need my extra fire power!”Dead said with a large grin on her face.
“All you did was push it back, I actually killed the thing.” Ssylar said matter-o-factly.
“Guys, we should be more focused on the task at hand.” Landth, a Blood Elf priest, said. “Smitt, should we continue?”
“She's right.” Smitt said. “Don't get over confident now, you did that in the Altar Room and you almost got killed. We're going good but we have to stay focused. Everyone on your guard, there might be more of those Ents around.”
With that, he turned and headed off the way the Ent had come. Landth followed quickly, shortly being tailed by the rest of the eight.
Upon climbing over the small debris of fallen trees and smashed shrubs, the full room came into view. All ten stopped in amazement. Some looked up at the impossibly high ceiling, others looked at the intricate designs on the walls, others still, looked at the vast grassy clearing they were standing on; Smitt, however, was looking at the center of the room. A large, elf-looking person stood with its back to them.
It seemed to be a male Blood Elf from Smitt's standpoint. He wore a long green councilor's robe. His feet were hidden under the robe, although his hands were in black gloves. The Elf appeared to be working on a small flower. Crouched down, the only thing add about the Elf was his unusual size, he was larger than most, almost matching a Tauren's size.
There was an audible sigh from the Elf as he stood up and turned around. “I heard the desecration you caused upon entrance to my domain. Mortals are not allowed here. You storm into my domain, desecrate my earth, destroy my creations and now you have the nerve to approach me?! I should destroy you where you stand! However, if you agree to restore order here, I will let you leave this Temple without further harm. But, if you decide not to then I will have no choice but to treat you as the intruders you are.”
Despite the fact that his voice had a strange calming effect on the group, everyone tensed. The Elf's features were not normal. His face had a green tint to it, along with what seemed to be green vines on the sides of his face and neck. His eyes were a light green, unlike a Blood Elf's, a shallower and lighter green. His hair was back in a traditional Blood Elf Falcon style, the light Green-blond colour almost gleaming in the light.
Smitt spoke evenly and monotonously as he usually did, although this time he tried to sound more polite. “We're sorry. We did not mean to desecrate your earth. We have gotten lost inside this Temple and wandering in here unaware. But in our defense, we were attacked first and given no time to resolve our situation without violence.”
“A very logical response,” The Elf said, nodding his head. “I would expect nothing less from a warrior created by my hand. Although, Smittened, you and you're friends should leave immediately. If you continue into this Temple you will surely be killed… or worse.”
Smitt froze, he was aware of the beings who resided in the Temple but it was inconceivable to him that the being before him was a Titan himself. If it was a Titan standing before them, they did not want to aggravate him.
“You are understandably speechless, mortal.” The Elf continued. “I am willing to pardon your reckless destruction of my creations based upon what you have told me, however, you and your friends must leave the Temple. Now.”
Smitt tensed, they couldn't leave the Temple. Not when they were so close. The Hall of Theory was right by the Chamber of Lights, the reason why they had come to this place. If they turned back now then all they had achieved would be for naught.
“I'm sorry friend, but we cannot turn back now when we are so close to our goal. We will leave your domain alone if you will allow us to pass and finish what we came here to do. We will leave once we are done, not before.”
There was a small quake in the ground which everyone but the Titan seemed to notice.
“That is a shame. You and your friends were some of my finest creations. But I will not let you desecrate the rest of the Temple!”

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
(This can be anything. Questions/Comments are always welcome.)

A few side notes seem appropriate. First, my name is intentinally spelled INCORRECTLY, it was chosen as the subject of a psychology experiment proving that 80% of poeple who read it will see "Forgotten Angel" instead of "Frogotten Angel". Secondly, I would hope that the above story is not too long and is not hard to read or understand, the box I typed it in was being difficult and would not let me space properly for some reason.