Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Introduction: Kalenjii
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
Hail and well met fellow role players, I submit unto you, well, me. I've seen 17 summers and soon to be 18 winters. I can be somewhat random and quirky at times, but I find that that can often make roleplays more interesting.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I was born and raised in the United States and have lived in Texas all my life. I speak English, and very minimal French.

How did you get into Warcraft?:

Several friends of mine that I've met through both school and online are Warcraft III addicts and they pulled me into it too. I've always loved the realm and lore Warcraft has put together and when my friends decided to play on a private server I followed whole-heartedly.

What made you seek our server over others?:
From what I have seen and experienced among your forums and other roleplay servers I have been on, far too many people try to be more than what they should, godmodding is rampant and the entire system is far too lax and unguided. Your system and gms seem to understand the need of a certain level of strictness to ensure continuous quality roleplay in a friendly environment.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I find that I enjoy roleplay the most when it is well balance between a relaxing setting in taverns and towns, and quick daunting spurts of action and danger that make sense in context and don't take from the realism of the setting. I feel it's best to roleplay more simply than I've seen many others try in my history of roleplaying. I prefer to play the eccentric troll or bumbling wizard than the hero of the legion or almighty warrior.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

Tollehs mon, ees gohtah beh da tollehs. I absolutely love trolls, their lore, their accents, their swagger when they walk, they're perfect. As for class I adore the subtlety and intrigue of rogues, their ability to blend silently into the darkness, become one with the night, stalk silently around their targets without leaving a trace of their presence behind.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I expect maturity and an opportunity to roleplay in Warcraft's amazing lore setting with others who share a passion for roleplay.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Humility, I can't think of a more important rule in a mature setting, if everyone felt like their charachter was the infallible hero or unstoppable evil, roleplay would come to nothing but a butting of oversized egos.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

Not a story meant to be roleplayed so it's blatant godmodding but here it goes.

Kalenjii crept through the attic of the manse, what little noise he did make concealed effortlessly by the constant drizzle of the vale pattering against the long worn windows, wetting the floors through the gaps of decades gone glass. He began to slow, fitting his long limber body into an impossibly small gap between the attic floors and the ceiling of the room below, covering the sounds of creaking, aged wood with the deep groans of the intensifying storm. They wouldn't find him here, he would be safe to wait them out, they had already taken his foot and he couldn't allow any more to be lost.

He peered into the room below through the numerous small gaps in the worn ceiling panels and waited. He lay contorted in his small dank hiding space for what seemed like an eternity held in two breaths as -they- stepped into the room below. He saw they speaking to themselves but he cared not of what they said, nor could he have heard them over the raging storm's constant bellowing against the ancient structure. As he continued to stare upon his prey, he spotted what was his, what -they- had taken from him, and what he would get back, his foot.

With a near silence, unexpected by his long frame and position in the boards, Kalenjii pried loose the wooded ceiling below him and placed it aside. Then, checking the support of the beam to his side, he grabbed it and swung down through the room below, knocking one of -them- unconscious with his feet as he wrapped his long legs around their neck and pulled it back up through into the attic. Thunder rumbled through the aftermath of the attack, the remainder in the room below, "tree elfeh", by Kalenjii's count, suddenly noticed their missing companion. The shock and fear in their eyes betrayed Kalenjii's lips a toothy grin. The "tree elfeh" began to back up against each other defensively. Kalenjii laughed wildly as he snatched the next elf as quickly as the bolt of lighting that masked his second assault, his mad cackle almost entirely muffled behind the thunder of the storm. A gust of wind pulled shut the door of the room, and Kalenjii took the oppertunity to remove the last distraction from the room, just as he had the other two. Unable to contain he glee and still cackling wildly, he lowered himself fully into the room, though still hidden in the room's dark corners. He watched methodically as the remaining "elfeh" spun around on itself, looking for its assailant, and settled his eyes upon Kalenjii's slumped figure in the room's damp corner by the window.

"YOU!"

it exclaimed,

"YOU KILLED ME ONCE WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT FROM ME NOW!"

Kalenjii refused him the breath of an answer; instead he answered its fearful gaze with a downward glance, causing it to look to the same spot. Before it could look up again, Kalenjii was in its blind spot, moving rapidly to its back, he stabbed into his back with little noise over the storms rain. It stumbled forward, with labored gurgling breaths as it tried to run, tried to escape the doom it knew was imminent. Kalenjii twisted his crooked daggers through his lungs, and pulled them out quickly. It collapsed to the ground with the wet thud of a hailstone, and Kalenjii knelt to retrieve that which was his, he sawed apart the join of its ankle ans pulled apart the appendage with the sickening snap of tendon and muscle echoing dully through the manse, above even the continued drumming of the storm, His foot returned, Kalenjii put it in its rightful place in his pouch, and stalked off into the night, blending unnoticed into it's shadows.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Hey Hawk, what's up? It's Staples.