Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Nelerath's Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
I am a high school senior, in a couple AP classes, who enjoys competative gaming and relaxed roleplay. I have most of my life been a competative PC gamer, though since entering High School I was given the opportunity to begin roleplaying in a DnD game with some people there. I started playing with them a couple times a month and fell in love. I use to play WoW awhile back ago, and I recalled seeing RP servers so I came looking for one online. Me and a group of my friends found this server and began playing on it, actually probably a year ago. Technically I was already registered on this server, made my welcome post, was vouched for, and had a character approved already before. I've noticed now that all of my character posts and my intro have been deleted, thus this new one. Regardless, I have three character I am proud of who embody I believe three of my major personality traits. The first is an undead Warlock who is highly ambitious and isn't afraid to be the bad guy, quite frankly he delights in whatever proves to other people he is the best. The second is a charming Night Elf druid who refuses to fight, using only the healing arts, and loves to party and pick up chicks. Third my dwarven hunter. He has only two pursuits, picking up girls (As a rule all girls MUST deny my dwarf, it is part of the hilarity) and extreme hunting. I hope to bring all three of my characters into CotH.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
Born in United States and I speak English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I played Warcraft II, and any of you nerdy enough to try and figure out my age for playing it, yes I was extremely young. My Father has always been a big fan of Blizzard and got me into gaming, so of course when Warcraft III came out I played it daily. In fact I still play Warcraft III today though I have stopped and restarted a number of times. Also as I said I have played WoW before as well, never really liked the game itself (It got really repetative quick).

What made you seek our server over others?:
Well it was one of like two RP servers I could find. I've been here before. And having been here before I recall the in depth work to make this a great server.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Personally I enjoy RP that has some sort of tension to it or an underlying problem. The best sort of this kind being the one that involves many people and no clear answers, making it a many layered web of complexity. So far I've noticed that this form of roleplay can come about generally by means of characters loving eachother or character hating each other, or at the very least distrusting. Frankly though I realize that such RP can ruin the peace of the server, so I am up for just about anything that comes my way so long as it fits with my characters.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
My favorite race and class is the Undead Warlock. I like this class because my above stated character who enjoys being powerful is said race and class. He is my proudest creation because he is undoubtedly the most in depth. I am very proud of my work with him and because of that I enjoy playing him. In fact I have already roleplayed out his life before and am slowly attempting to write a story about how his life went that time. In fact the below story will most likely be the first part that I have done about my character.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I expect it to be awkward at first like it was the last time, but to in time and with getting to know people get better and become more enjoyable. I hope that I can get involved with enough people to make it a truly enjoyable time for all.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Humility. Every world needs the humble servant and the powerful ruler. Frankly I believe everyone enjoys playing the powerful ruler more, so I have to give due respect to those willing to be the underling and humble. With this respect I personally try and keep myself humble, that was one of the major reasons I made my druid never fight anyone was in an attempt to balance out my characters. Regardless I believe humility to be the best trait in humans in general, and therefore the best rule to have.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

This might not make the entirety of sense, but it is my favorite segment of my story I am writing so I view it as fitting. This is shortly after the birth of my Undead Warlock (though of course right now he is a human still).

The girl seen earlier wakes with a start. Darkness reigns in the room. She lays still in the darkness breathing softly. She was woken by something, but by what? After lying there many minutes she closes her eyes and begins to dose when her eyes snap open again. Listening she then hears what had woken her earlier, the soft cries of baby. With the realization comes a soft white light from the windows in her room. She sees clearly now the outline of a crib. Sliding her legs off the bed she walks over to the crib to find the baby. As she walks across the room she realizes it must be her child lying in the crib, and with this new realization her pace quickens slightly.
After reaching the crib she sees her newborn lying in a tangle of blue. Reaching down she gently lifts the child up further into the light. She now sees that the baby is indeed a boy.
She begins to rock him back and forth trying to think of a name for her new little boy. She stares out the window across a street and into a much smaller and much less luxurious house. Within is a fire burning brightly and a family at play around it. Two children happily run from their parents who are trying to tickle them.
She looks to her own child and sees her nose and eyes, with the father's mouth and eyebrows. He appears to be a very handsome child. As she stares at him his cries go quiet and he falls into a deep sleep.
Lifting him up so she is face to face with him she smiles. She speaks softly so as not to wake him, “I shall call you… Brinstone.”

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Well I have been on this server before, and I have been vouched for before. So I would like to mention that a few of the people who vouched for me were Hawk, Urikos, and I believe Tarius. Also Hawk if you still read ALL of the introductions: Hello and if you don't remember me it is Nelerath/Galorath/Brinstone/Oran.