Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: My Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player: OOC:Well I have been playing wow for about a year and a half now I started playing MMO's with Anarchy online and started to RP in Everquest 2 with the Knights of Kithicore on the Antonia Bayle, which gave me a lot of insight into how RP works and some does and don'ts. I have been a gamer ever since I was two really I started off with Doom 2 and have been hooked ever since you name a game and I have probably played or heard about it in detail. When Playing RP I was mostly a Mercenary wandering the lands with my wolf just looking to put a little food on the table I take orders pretty well and get along with all types of people from all walks of life, I try to not get to attached to people, because there were a lot of deaths in game, and some people just ended up leaving so I really loved having my pet around when it would get lonely.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?: I'm from America and I live in California don't believe the hype its cold windy and raining here right now hehe( I say this cause people often tend to stereotype California as the land of the beaches, constant sun shine, and Hollywood) , and my primary language is English.

How did you get into Warcraft?: it all started when I was going to a day care when I was five and the person who ran that day care would let us watch him play Orcs and humans and I fell in love with the characters mostly the brightly colored sprites of wizards and what not and there skeletons that were left behind. Then just about a year and a half ago I had been looking all over the game market place in search of what I consider to be the holy grail of gaming, an MMO with fishing and a tamer type class, I heard wow's hunters could tame pets but I could not afford the subscription, so one day my friend told me about private servers and that they were free so I ran down to the local Bestbuy and bought the 1.99 trial version of wow made in 2006 ( none of the patches are applied so it makes getting into any server really easy) came home popped in the disk and fell in love with hunters.

What made you seek our server over others?: I had played on 5 private servers prior to this one I watched the first one go down in flames, I like the second but the same thing happened, the other 2 had broken hunter pets, but the main reason I came to this server was because I was so hungry for some RP, private servers are a barren waste land for those looking for RP, and I just could not go with out it. It looks like this server really has some potential to be great and the community from what I have seen looks to be pretty good also.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I enjoy really structured RP, such as military outfit guilds with ranks that may raid a smaller opposing factions encampment, stuff that is not just fan fiction more down in the trench's fun. For example a bad version of RP for me would be sitting around a bar in Orgrimmar all night telling fishing stories about the Murloc that got away. A good night of RP for me might be sneaking into gold shire and taking out an alliance officer who has been spotted in the area or taking him or her prisoner and seeing what information we can get out of them. One other thing some RP people tend to think that they spoke old English everywhere IE "good morrow to you my lady" I respect that but I will not adhere to it, there is more than one dialect spoken across two continents I hope, this does not mean I will be speaking OCC but I'm a bit more down to earth when I speak.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?: I cannot say I have one favorite class but I do have 3 just because there is so much depth to them, those would be in order Hunter, Warlock, Mage. Hunter is my life blood in any game, no one else can say that they have a pet that loves them, and that they raised from start to finish watching it grow and eat gnomes along side them, also the bow is my weapon of choice silent and I can kill my targets from afar. Warlocks are my Second favorite because they are another pet class even though there pets really hate them and they are just plain evil for the most part, but Gul dan was my hero for the longest time. Mages are my third choice because they are just really fun to play as I usually do frost spec again for the companion and the fact that freezing people is cool also. My Favorite Race would have to be Tauren just because they seem like the best fit for a hunter truly one with nature, when all the other races seek to control it the Taurens are one with it, some might say the same for the Night Elves but really Night Elves are almost more pompous than the humans they have no real comprehension of what they are doing half the time, that is just my horde bias.

What are your expectations of this server?: I just expect to find some people who truly love the lore of Warcraft as fun and wonderful as I do. Also maybe a good group to go RPing with to old raids and what not maybe even a buddy I can fish by the lake with. One of my less optimistic expectations is finding people who directly link themselves to main characters from Warcraft which is a big no no in my book, just because it takes away from the role playing and makes it to easy for people to not use their own imagination, I hope people have mostly original characters here.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?: I think Respect is probably the best one out of them all because even if you think your making fun of someones character they came up with really your making fun of there work as a writer and creative person and that can really hurt people if they feel there work is not up to par with other peoples standards. So I think its good to maintain a certain level of respect at all times.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
" I try not to sleep any more every time I close my eyes I see there faces like candles burning in the dark, the wood crackles and the support beams give way and the fire engulfs them, as I sit under the stars I wonder if this is the world the Titans had envisioned saving so many years ago. As I close my I eyes again I can seem there ragged shapes ghoulish and disfigured coming to my door clawing at it hungry for me, and for a while I thought I was at peace once they got to me. But there she was our dark lady she kneeled before my life less body and whisper words that would haunt my dreams till this day "we are Forsaken, so shall you be" I will never forget the cleansing of the scourge or so they called it from my village they brought in red drakes to fire bomb us to cleanse the area we could only watch as most of us were burned alive or eaten by the ghouls. I thought I could find some escape from this nightmare in my death but awoke to find it started anew soon we shall be arriving on the Lich Kings doorstep I hope I shall finally find peace there, if not my own dreams.
(OOC I hope you have liked my introduction and I hope to be seeing some of you in game soon.)
Good evening to you, my gentleman (lady).

How hath ye not been welcomed yet? It doth been several minutes since your post, verily, and I am sure that anyone would see the thought in your writing. Furthermore, I hath seen that ye hail from the mystical land of California, which I must agree with you--it is not that great. But O! just because our woes are many, does not mean that we must stray from the path of enlightenment. And now, dear friend, I implore you: feel welcome in the land of Conquest. If you hath any queries, do not be afraid to ask.

Sincerest greetings and apologies for my tongue-in-cheek greeting,
Lady Moose
What a Lovely reply and with haste also, it is very nice to meet you, I enjoy your sense of humor.