Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Sarro's Introduction!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
(This can be anything. We like to get a feel for those that will be integrating themselves into our community.)

Well..let's see. To start, my name is Joe, I'm 25 years old, and from the US! I enjoy reading, writing, and yes..gaming. While for the majority of the time I had played WoW, it had been on regular PvE/PVP Realms..after awhile I became a bit bored with the whole "rush to 80" get the best epics, etc. It all became a bit too repetitive for me. Sooo..after coming to THAT realization, I decided to check out a RP server, which was Moon Guard. Truthfully, I absolutely loved it, and quickly got into my character. Soon enough I was making character development, meeting friends, etc! It was a really great and fun experience, and being a writer, I found those skills came in handy with my roleplays. So yes..all in all, I love WoW, and in the time that I spent on Moonguard, I really enjoyed Roleplaying.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
(We ask this, as we take this into consideration with players that do not primarily speak English.)

I speak English, and unfortunately, only English. I am from the US :)

How did you get into Warcraft?:

I got into World of Warcraft a long time ago. I was a big Diablo II fan back in the day, so when WoW came out, I ran out to buy it and was greatly impressed. For me, I was truly amazed by the large world and great design. It also was my first real MMORPG, and even though I began a long time ago, I still find that I can have fun playing it.

What made you seek our server over others?:

Honestly, I found this server on Google after deciding to search for a private RP server due to financial issues I'm having at the moment (paying for WoW isn't on my priority list right now, unfortunately). This was one of the first results that came up, and after looking through the website and forums, it looks like a really great quality community.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
(Some enjoy relaxing tavern roleplay. Others enjoy fighting, action and danger. Some in crowds, some in pairs. What appeals to you the most?)

Well, the first character I had ever created was nicknamed "Sorrow". I know it may sound cliche, but she was a bit of a loner with social problems. I had a detailed history of her past, but needless to say, she had a series of terrible events happen to her, and because of it, she had trouble trusting or connecting with anyone. Though as my character progressed, she slowly began to come out of her shell -- began making friends -- being more social -- etc. She then later, began going by her real name, rather than nickname -- which was Brienne. This lead to all sorts of more "casual" roleplay..which ranged from relaxing at taverns, meeting friends, helping others, etc. Also because of what had happened to her, she began to fulfill her vow that she would help those less fortunate than herself, which also lead to action, danger, etc. So yeah..I like all sorts of roleplay!

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

Ugh, I know this may make people want to slap, punch, or perhaps drown me..but I must say...I love Blood Elves. I can't help it! As for class, I am more accustom to hunters, and do love them..though I also quite enjoyed being a holy priest. I was one on another server in the past, and most groups which I healed for were very happy with my healing.

What are your expectations of this server?:

Lots of roleplay, fun, meeting new individuals, etc.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
(Feel free to review our rules listed here.)

I think the rule that appeals to me most is the rule of Respect. I've run forums in the past, and respect is sadly one of the hardest things to keep enforced. Though I think really, it all comes down to the target audience -- the people you're seeking out, and the people you are trying to attract. The fact that it's upfront, and the first rule here is very impressive. Respect for me is important -- and while you certainly don't have to agree with everyone, you should at least show a level of respect. I hate dealing with groups of individuals who hardly even know what the word means.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

This is a RP for another character of mine, that I play on a Fantasy forum.

*Nocturna suddenly awakens to find himself in the center of a darkened forest. Tall, tangled, leafless trees cower down upon him; their branches stretching out in complex, twisted angles. He looks up towards the dark night sky, though nothing can be seen -- for it is far too dim. An eerie silence blankets over the dark forest as he carefully glances around the dry forest floor; pushing himself to his feet. The sound of crunching leaves echoes throughout the dark woods as a strange, choking warmth fills his lungs. His head begins to pound*

Ugh..my head..

*he groans, and in a moment of realization, pans his view across a series of lifeless trees.*

Where the hell am I..?

I.. I don't remember anything..

I was walking through the forest..I was passing through..I saw a pub..but I decided to move forward..

I can't remember where I was going...what I was doing..

I entered the forest..and suddenly..I couldn't breath... everything went black..and then..

Then I woke up..here.

*Nocturna quickly turns to the path that lay quietly behind him..only to find that there is no path, just thick, unending patterns of angry, dying trees *

The path...it's gone..

*he whispers into the darkness*

This isn't where I was, nor' where I entered. I was still close to the pub. I had just begun to enter the forest; the trees near the entry had been full of life..green...vibrant. These are dying and harshly weathered. Many lay broken upon the forest floor..everything feels so grim..so dead..

Something isn't right..

*A loud howl echoes throughout the deep forest as he grabs for the hilt of his sword, and in a moment of uneasy curiosity, progresses forward through the darkened trees*
Welcome to the server! :D I'm sure you will enjoy your time here ( who wouldn't/doesn't ?) :wink: