Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Introduction: Trumposh, wanderer.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
(This can be anything. We like to get a feel for those that will be integrating themselves into our community.)
ooc: I am JonPaul, a 28 year old from the West Coast of America. I have a calm demeanor, usually thinking first, and acting later. I enjoy a good laugh, and revel in suspense. I know when to play silly and when not to.
I have a wonderful life, and I just want to add more of the creative spark that I once bathed in.
I have been into roleplaying for as long as I can remember, playing make- believe never stopped with me.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
(We ask this, as we take this into consideration with players that do not primarily speak English.)
I hail from the United States of America, Born and raised in California. I speak English, but have a (Very) halting understanding of Spanish(I flunked highschool Spanish).

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Good question, I have always been into adventure/RP games. I started with ShadowGate (NES) and moved on from there. A friend allowed me to borrow "Warcraft II: Tides of war" many years ago, and I loved it.
I later went on from there and played on a number of MUDs, all rp enforced. After some time, life got in the way and I worked too hard. I recently got more time, and started playing WoW after a friend suggested it. I got hooked, and then noticed their rp servers.... Very dismal and lacking creativity.

What made you seek our server over others?:
Firstly, I used to be a hardcore role-player, and the ruleset and application process appeals to me.
Secondly, I wanted to find a place where people took the RP mindset serious enough to get good stories, and yet relaxed enough to have a good time doing so.
Lastly, I looked through the other applications and thought "Wow... I want to get in on this good story-fodder".

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I usually play a casual RP, daily this and that. I enjoy the possibility of grand adventure, happening to an otherwise "mundane" life. I abhor "God-Players" and would rather play a weak-fearful person to an invincible force. I enjoy all aspects, but tavern/daily life appeals the most.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I like the Dwarves, Wildhammer to be exact, their Stoic behavior and courage in the face of ignorance is quite the opposite of who I am. A people who are searching for meaning without sacrificing their rich culture.

I prefer Hunters, they are wild and brave. Their cunning and spirit are so in tune with nature, that it seems they have lost their bond with people, and yet they balance both worlds.

What are your expectations of this server?:

I expect a good ride, plenty of interesting and colorful people. I want to logout thinking "That was a wonderful session." and not "I wish people would at least pretend to roleplay."
I want to meet people and weave a story, create a world from our own hearts and minds.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
That seems like a trick question, all of the rules are balanced and fair to me. There are two that stand out:
Maturity and Respect. Maturity because I'm tired of people being Drama queens or at best annoying. There has been quite a few times that I have thought about quitting a rp session because of petty squabbles over reactions and/or people acting out of their char.
Respect (Much like Lady Franklin) means the world to me, it seems a dying way of being. I'm tired of gutterspeak over someone's creed, color, faith. I just want a place to call home, and those two rules are what I try to hold myself to in my day to day life.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

The sweat dripped off of his filthy forehead and into his eyes, obscuring his vision. He stopped for a moment to set the bundle of logs down and reach for a handkerchief to wipe his brow. "Hey kid," He head over his shoulder, "I told you to get those bundles moving!". He simply nodded and picked up the logs, muttering under his breath. He felt alone, even though he was surrounded by workers. Nebulous thoughts of yesteryear filled his head, of times playing with the children, of his mother's smell. These thoughts were blotted out by the memories of the children learning of him, ostracizing him for his blood. He remembered the stinging of the sticks they would hit him with, and the soothing balm his mother would mend him with. He was no normal Dwarf, He was a bastard breed; half Ironforge and half Wildhammer. Oh, if only his father was here, he wouldn't have had to work as soon as he did. At least the people of Amberstill Ranch looked past his lineage.... at least they helped him find work after Mother took ill.

As the work day went on, his head was full of these thoughts. After a time, he was sent back to his cot and had some time to work on the reading that his mother said was so important. "These marks on paper... I never seem to catch the pattern..." He thought to himself while tracing them with his calloused fingers.

His bunk-mate leaned towards him with a slight smile, "I know of a better way to live, Trumpy..... a way we can be rid of this working for others, and work only for ourselves."

"You must forget Alaraon," Trumposh replied "I work not for the Amberstills, but for my Mother." He then returned to his reading.

But Alaron wouldn't be dismissed so easily "I hear that the Night Elves have large forests, full of wood and critters... Not just bears and cats as we have... oh and boars... I hate boars, filthy things."

Raising a hand in a slight gesture to silence his friend, Trumposh flatly told him "No more of this tonight, I feel sleepy and they will wake us up early. We have a lot of work to do before the Darkmoon Faire." He then turned over and pretended to sleep, but his mind wouldn't let him rest. Adventure seemed to call him, and he did want to see the world. "Wanderlust is what took your father from me, I won't let it take you" His mother used to say. He that night made a promise to himself.... That once mother was well, he would see the world. He would find his people.
Welcome to the server mate!