Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Clockwork Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
Oh I'm a massive lorenerd, I've been playing since just before the AQ patches I believe (by some cruel twist of fate I didn't hear about WoW before then), I spend alot of time ingame just going after quests in order to keep gold flowing and for the fun of it, I enjoy tracking down little known areas ingame but RP whenever my friends are on. I first started RPing after my younger brother made a char on an RP realm and I listened (or read or whatever you'd like to call it) in on one of his IC conversations with his friends, the idea of playing on an RP server grew on me and before long I transferred my main over. I run raids and heroics primarily to see the areas associated with them and any lore tidbits that are mixed in with them.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:I was born in America and Speak english and a little spanish.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I originally purchased the Blizzard Game Starcraft and fell in love with the story and gameplay style (my first RTS) I was always more into fantasy than Sci-fi though so when I learned there was a "Warcraft" counterpart it topped my Chirstmas list that year. When I got the game I went through the campaign and became enthralled with the Lore, when I heard about "World of Warcraft" I started my first MMO and have enjoyed every minute of the game.

What made you seek our server over others?:
It was recommended to me by a friend I RP with named Rassia ("Moose" here), I'd never considered playing on a private server before but being a major Horde fan and trusting Moose's judgement (she gave this place a glowing recommendation) I decided to give it a shot, and so far just from what I've seen of the website it seems like a very impressive community.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I enjoy all kinds of roleplay, but I'd have to say I favor intelligent style conversations the most since they can lead to the most interesting development concerning story and character progression. I usually have three "tells" worth of text in a good conversation but despise roleplaying in large groups due to the inherent confusion that's involved due to differences in typing speeds.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Tough question, I'd have to say that Tauren are my favorite race simply because there's so little of their background explored despite being relatively old as a species compared to groups such as the humans and orcs, though my favorite class is tied between Shaman and warlock due to the history the two share in the Horde lorewise and the variety in their capabilities.

What are your expectations of this server?:
After playing on the Feathermoon server for awhile I'm simply hoping to find a community of fun, mature people that know their lore and are not 1. Vampires, 2. Demon hybrids 3. half-elf-orc-troll-ogre etc... All in all reasonable and creative RP.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Oddly enough the rule I found myself overjoyed with the concept that some degree of grammar or legibility will be enforced, I was happy with tolerance and respect but in my opinion liberal application of the ignore filter solves all those issues, but knowing someone who's nice but that you spend five minutes trying to understand because they can't spell to save their lives strikes me as much more deserving of

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!: Here's a story I wrote for a writing challenge on the WoW forums, hope it meets your expectations.

(From my Forsaken priests P.O.V.
Draws heavily from http://www.wowpedia.org/Forgotten_Shadow )

"You're telling me...we're working with Orcs and Trolls now? That's...unprecedented to say the least..." the Historian grimaced as he glanced around the decrepit settlement that had once been the vibrant town of Brill, unsure whether he should be concerned or relieved that the pain and shock horrid sights produced was already deteriorating to a dull ache in his heart. "Why didn't the Light stop this..." he muttered under his breath, a healthy dose of vehemence in his tone as his eyes trailed over the massive lines of moss covered graves off to his side.

"It was necessary Giles, and they've proven to be...useful allies...though we may be in for hard times ahead due to an incident in Northrend we'll cover that later..." The Dark Cleric balked at the mention of the Light, his damaged jaw curling into the best aproximation of a sneer he could manage. "The Light has Forsaken us Giles...and it will suffer us no longer...what we must turn to now is the Shadow." he smirked a bit and turned to his newly risen companion. "I think you'll take to it quite well...it starts with a concept called Divine Humanism"

"Beryl..." the Historian tilted his head a bit skeptically, more than a hint of bitterness in his voice for a moment "Tell me why I should listen to you...since the last faith preached to me failed so miserably? Compassion was useless against the Scourge! And ill spent on our kinsmen who turned on us to spread the Plague! What use was tenacity against foes that needn't sleep nor rest? Who were we to Respect when our Prince slew our King and our protectors became zealots and executioners!?"

The Dark Cleric simply nodded, a look of amusement and surprise apparent on his features, thinly veiling the slight sting Giles words had elicited. "I know Giles..." Beryl lifted a hand and placed it on his students shoulder. "You and I have reached the same conclusion, as have many others with our plight. The Light failed our people in our time of need...we are surrounded in Darkness despite our virtues in life... it's become clear to me and many others that we cannot rely on such a capricious force no matter how powerful it is at times or what miracles it may demonstrate for us. We must rely solely on our own strength."

Giles raised a rotting brow as some of his indignation dissipated, a slight grin spreading across his ghastly features. "You're finally talking some sense Beryl...tell me more..."

Beryl smirked and nodded. "We follow similar tennants as we once did, but we now have interpretations unfettered by the meaningless distortions of life! Compassion is reserved for those who deserve it, but otherwise done away with, you respect others only as a measure of protection, we remain tenacious in order to endure our affliction, and we acquire power because it is the only way to accomplish our goals, and the only way we are any different from the Scourge or the unrisen! We do not change this world through some ridiculous connection with the Light, it is our will that affects the world around us!"

Giles nodded slowly as thoughts of his past life, the imposed benevolence, the meditation, the innability of his powers to turn aside the tides of Scourge...it all seemed so foolish now. Turning a bit and gazing out at one of the houndlike demons that now stalked the forests. "I see now...but if you could demonstrate it for me Beryl..."

"But of course..." The Dark Cleric smirked as he raised a hand, muttered a word, and earned a new convert for the Forgotten Shadow as the darkhound writhed in pain and hoarse, dark laughter filled the air.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
(This can be anything. Questions/Comments are always welcome.)
Friiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeennnnnnd.

<drool> It only took me weeks of badgering to get you here.