Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Azimn's introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
EDIT:
I feel stupid, looks like I posted one of these months ago....
So I guess it was completely unnecessary, well anyway hello to everyone yet again. Just want to say I am having a blast in game! Sorry about the double post, I guess thats what happens when you leave for like 6 months....

First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
(This can be anything. We like to get a feel for those that will be integrating themselves into our community.)
As a player... Well I hate to say it but I often solo, most of the time not because I really want to but because I have a crazy schedule. I really enjoy playing and RPing with others but most people don't play at the same random times as myself. I would say the aspect I enjoy most about MMOs and RPGs in general is exploration. I like going to new zones and really enjoy seeing all the work that has went into those areas. After exploring I would say, you guessed it RP!
I used to play Neverwinter Nights almost religiously several years back, I played an many strict RP servers and I guess you could say I have been jumping from MMO to MMO looking for a similar experience.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
(We ask this, as we take this into consideration with players that do not primarily speak English.)
I am from the US, and english is my only language. (I did take spanish a bit in high school, and I had a year of Chinese but all I can remember is how to say hello, money well spent wouldn't you think?)

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Well I have played several MMOs and I am fascinated with the genre. I subscribe to several podcasts that talk about massively multiplayer games. I have dabbled in WoW for years now although I will admit I have never gotten to 30th level. I think one of the reasons was I just wasn't happy with the servers I have tried.
I do have to say I have been reading a lot about the history of what has happened on Azeroth, both in past warcraft games and in the years WoW has been online, and I am really excited to have some fun RP experiences in this universe.

What made you seek our server over others?:
Well honestly I have tried several, I was nervous about coming here at first because of the high XP rates. I was afraid they would make the game less fun to play, but I have been quite enjoying myself. Like I said above I came here to find others that enjoy playing the game IC. Back when I played NWN I never got to a very high level because I spent way too much time interacting with the other players and not killing things. I will admit I am not the best at playing games even if I do enjoy them quite a bit. I did have my first RP experience here last night and I had a blast. I think I ended up staying up two hours later than I thought I would just because I was having so much fun.

I think one aspect that really sealed the deal with me coming here was reading the posts on the forum about the goings on between the undead nad the blood elves. I saw that my IC actions could really make changes to the server, and while on all the servers and games I have played in I never really have done anything server changing the fact that that is possible in the game or rather on this server I find.. well awesome.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
(Some enjoy relaxing tavern roleplay. Others enjoy fighting, action and danger. Some in crowds, some in pairs. What appeals to you the most?)

I have to say I am not sure what kind of RPing I like best.
What I can do is tell a story about my most memorable times in NWN.

My favourite character I ever had was on a RP NWN server, and he was Neutral Evil. Now before you get thoughts of a mindless killer roaming the server, I decided to play him close to the description as I could which meant he was a jerk, yes, but also he was always out for number one, him.
I made him a fighter and a human and figured he would be a bandit. I made him ugly with a scar ruining his left eye and with yellow rotten teeth. I found a small stream once and decided i would make it a toll bridge. I was I think level 2 at the time and the first people to come across were a high level paladin and his lady. Of course I threatened him and said he had to pay me 2 gold to cross. (this was not like 2 gold in WoW more like 2 copper would be) Of course they could have walked around the bridge but instead we had words and he swiftly killed me. It was incredibly fun.
Another time I played my character getting drunk in a tavern, and stumbling outside. I RPed him texting emotes the whole time and as I was relieving him on the side of the building another player was walking by. I got a PM saying he never saw anyone RPing a character peeing and said he found the whole thing pretty funny.

I never thought I would have so much fun playing a character based on such a throw away NPC.

The big thing I made sure to do even when I used him in groups is to make sure other players knew just because my character was jerk, I was not and I made sure to enhance not hinder their fun.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
This question is the most difficult to answer.
I do like horde more....
I like Rouges and Hunters the best, but i also really really liked playing a druid.
Right now my character on the server is a Rouge Forsaken. I really like the look and story behind them, but I also absolutely love the story of the Blood Elves. I spent hours reading about high elves and blood elves and wow.
I also really like the trolls. My first WoW character was a troll hunter and I really had a great time making him.

What are your expectations of this server?:
Well I hope to find fun people who enjoy telling a fun story together, and if last night is an indicator I am in the right place. I look forward to see how the Blood Elf and Forsaken alliance pans out and I really hope to figure out what the floating eye things in Silvermoon are.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Humility
I know that my schedule and even my characters may never be more than bit players in some ones story or even in the server lore but the fact I could even be in some one else's story is exciting to me. I don't mind being a blip on page 486 in some one else's novel, I made it in the novel!, and that is exciting stuff. I am humbled and honored even to be able to be a part of some ones adventure, and I am honored to have other adventure with me.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

Well I think I did this more above but I guess i add some more here.
I have played Vampire the masquerade in the past (but it has been years) and more recently D&D. Although I was the DM we were trying 4th edition and had some trouble. Oh an I did want to say I DMed for a while on a few NWN servers and once on a WoW server a couple of years ago. If anyone has any question for me just let me know!

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
(This can be anything. Questions/Comments are always welcome.)

I just want to add that I am very much looking forward to meeting everyone both IC and OOC and can't wait to be a part of this universe. I am also interested to see what other changes will occur on the server and what will happen to all of the fun characters I get to meet in game. Also if anyone was from old NWN I would say to check out Ravenloft: Prisoners of the Mist, I did some work for them years ago under the handle st4rscream, and I would be interested in helping out this server if I can.