Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: An Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
I enjoy being able to immerse myself in a game's environment. RPing in World of Warcraft is excellent for this.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
Scotland - UK. My primary language is English. In answer to what you are thinking: no, I do not go about my daily business in a kilt and neither do I survive on haggis. However, I am partial to the occasional rowdy night out.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Well I've always enjoyed fantasy RPGs and one day while I was in the PC section of GameFAQs.com I noticed World of Warcraft was the most popular game. I decided to try it out and have been playing ever since.

What made you seek our server over others?:
Well there really aren't any other servers that offer the same RP experience as CotH. Thats including the live servers.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I haven't had enough RP experience to specify a preferred genre; RP opportunities were few and far between during my time on the live servers.

What is your favourite race/class? Why?:
Thats a difficult one. I'm quite fond of the dwarves because their stereotypical Scottish portrayal amuses me. I also like the Draenei and Blood Elves for their various quirks and mannerisms.

I don't have a particular favourite class; they all have their respective bonuses and drawbacks.

What are your expectations of this server?:
A welcoming community that is easy to integrate into and that provides a great RP experience.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
I like that you have to take the time to submit an introduction before you can access the server; it helps people integrate with the community and also would discourage people from joining the server in order to antagonise genuine RPers.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

A great form of a draenei slowly moved across the deserted battlefield. As he kneeled to observe the body of a fallen human, a solitary tear escaped his eyes.

"Such destruction," he muttered.

Gazing upon the broken warrior before him, he began to think. Why must these people fight? He had known this man in life. A great man in all respects; he was kind hearted, righteous, caring. And yet he was indoctrinated with the belief that the Horde is evil. That is why he fought. But he was wrong. In war, there is no good and evil; no right and wrong. In war, there are those who live and those who die.

The draenei sighed and closed the warrior's glazed eyes.

"May the light guide your soul, friend," he whispered.

He then stood up and continued his journey through the masses of the fallen, silently praying for the souls of the deceased, Alliance and Horde alike.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Nope.
Welcome to the server, Fellow Scot!

As a half-Scot myself, I welcome you with open arms. If you need anything, don't be afraid to ask any of the Grunts or GMs. It's what we're here for!

Hope to see you on the server!
Why thank you.

And here was me thinking I was the only one!

Its always nice to have somebody around that can actually pronounce "loch".
Heh, I'll have to give it my best shot over the Vent channel some time!

Hope to see you ingame!