Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: [Insert flashy introduction name here]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
My World of Warcraft journey began a long time ago, in a little internet cafe called "Vranjanka". It was a offline server that was on patch 1.1.0, with every bug you can imagine. After that I started playing retail, a little bit before The Gates Ahn'Qiraj, and have played WoW since. Stopped playing after Ulduar was released, as it started to get really...well, boring. While i played retail in a internet caffe, I played on a lot of private servers while at home, and 2 of them were Rp and RpPvP servers.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I hail from Serbia, and my primary language is serbian.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Well, after playing games like Starcraft and Diablo, I decided to try Warcraft, as the two previous Blizzard games were pretty awesome.

What made you seek our server over others?:
I loved this forum introduction idea, the name restrictions (no Ipoonjoo, Roguedaggerz, Roflownd, etc...), and at least a basic amount of lore knowledge required to join.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Lore based Rp is my favorite aspect of roleplaying, but i enjoy every other form in its own way.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
My favorite races are Night elves, and High(Blood) elves.
I have always been intrigued by elves, be it the Quendi of Tolkin, the Eldar of Warhammer, the Altmers and Bosmers of Elder Scrolls, or the Kaldorei and the Quel'Dorei of Warcraft. Out of all the races, their wisdom, intelligence, speed, and agility are, by far, the greatest. While none of the others even existed, the Night elves, and the Highborn battled the Burning Legion for their survival, and to protect their precious Well of Eternity from the Destroyer of Worlds, Sargeras. Some of the Elves that are present now in the World of Warcraft fought in the War of Ancients over 10 thousand years ago.
My favorite classes are priests and rogues.
Priests use their power to help others, augment them, boost their morale before a coming battle, and to share their wisdom with those who would listen, which i find most admirable.
I do not favor any rogue. Not the thieving kind that uses their skills to take something which is not rightfully theirs, nor the ones that sell their services to the highest bidder, to kill from the shadows, and then run away to collect their money. A combat ready rogue, that has the speed, and the strength to finish off multiple opponents at a time with a few lightning fast strikes, and to use their talent in war against the enemy that threatens to destroy the world he lives in.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I expect a fun experience with mature, crazy, and intelligent players.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Tolerance. We are all people, we have hopes, dreams, expectations, goals in life... The difference in skin color does not mean a thing. Religion is something someone chooses to believe in, and no one has the right to comment on the choices a person has already made.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
There once was a man that traveled the world in search of higher knowledge, cultures of other races, religious rituals, and their national cuisine. After a long time of walking through the desert, he stumbled across a sign that said there was a town nearby. Happy that he found a place he could eat, drink, and sleep for the night, he hurried in the direction that the sign was pointing in. As the sun was setting, it started getting cold, as the desert nights were very harsh in the region he was in. And so, when the sun was already behind the mountains in the east, he arrived at the outskirts of the town. But, before he could enter a strange creature stopped him with a frightening roar. The man felt a cold, empty space between his kidneys, and a chill came down his spine as he jumped behind the nearest pillar he saw.
"Come out, human." -said the creature.
The man realized that the voice came from the monster that almost gave him a heart attack a second ago, but something was strange. The voice resembled that of a woman.
"W-w-what do you want from me?!" -said the man, clearly shaken to the core by this creatures shout a few moments ago.
"Don't worry. I won't hurt you. Oh no, not until you answer my riddle." -said the creature amused by the reaction of the little man that stood before her.
"R-r-riddle?" -asked the man in a calmer, but still trembling voice.
"Yes, a riddle that I ask my prey before I eat it!" -said the creature, still sounding amused.
The heart of the human was throbbing now, more than ever, like its trying to jump through his chest, while he started to lose feeling in his already exausted legs.
"If you answer it correctly, I will let you go, but I wouldn't hope for that to happen... no one has ever answered it before you! -said the creature, with a voice of a playful girl, picking on a little boy that fell in to the moat, while trying to prove to her that he could jump to the other side.
He finally mustered enough courage to face the monster that was threatening to end his life, just because he came to the wrong town, expecting to get a good night's rest. The creature looked like a large lion, but with a head of a beautiful, young girl, with long, curly hair almost the same color as her fur.
"Do you want to hear it, or should I just eat you now, to end your pain, and my hunger instantly?" -said the sphinx sarcastically, with a wide grin on her face.
"Tell me your riddle then, beast." -said the man, confident that he could solve anything she throws at him, but it surprised him that he could say it so clearly even though was life was on the line.
"Straight to the point, eh? I like that in a meal! -said the sphinx, bursting into laughter at the new found courage that her dinner was showing.
The human, again, started shaking like a leaf, as her loud laughter reminded him of her even louder, fearsome roar.
"The day starts. You start walking on four legs, without a care in the world, helpless, fragile, useless and weak. Noon begins. Now walking on four legs, you start looking around, figuring out your surroundings and learning new things. You are full of energy, strong and fearless. As the end of the day approaches, you feel tired, weak and forgetful. You start walking on three legs, as your two cannot support you anymore. The day ends, and you go to a long, long sleep. Now, tell me, what are you?" -asked the sphinx, now serious, waiting for a response.
Time passed by. The sphinx was patient, she didn't rush, nor did she even talk while waiting for an answer to the riddle. It started getting colder, and the man knew he wouldn't last much longer.
"C-can you, um... repeat the riddle once more? -questioned the nervous man, that was struggling for his life, without a hint of hope in his voice, like he knew the sphinx would reject his plead.
"Huh? You want me to eat you right now, to save me the time of waiting for an answer, that I have already been waiting for the past 2 hours? -asked the sphinx, now clearly agitated by the nerve of the man, who will soon be skinned, dismembered, and eaten.
"No, I just...wanted to hear it again, I, well... forgot it." -said the man, trying to put on a fake smile, but to no avail.
"Oh really? You forgot it already? Well then, seems like you have a problem, don't you? But don't worry, death will solve all of your problems! After all, your just a puny, little human. Your purpose is to live, breed, and die, so, even if I eat you, the world will keep on turning, and others of your kind will keep on living their boring, little, meaningless lives, without even knowing what pain awaits you if you do not answer my riddle correctly." -said the sphinx, totally serious, showing that she really believes in what she just told the human.
"I am just a puny, little human... puny little human..." -the thought repeated itself in his mind.
He didn't understand why he couldn't get it out of his head, it was a sarcastic remark from the monster that kept insulting him with every opportunity it got. But then, it was all made clear, the riddle solved by the creatures arrogance, he let out a real, confident smile, trying not to burst into laughter, and making the creature eat him, even though he knew the answer.
"Like you said, I am what I am. A human."- said the man, in a calm voice, free of any fear he felt a few moments ago.
"W-w-what did you say?!" -asked the sphinx, not believing her ears.
"A human. And I got you to thank for giving me an answer in your high and mighty speech that degraded me, and my race." -answered the man.
The sphinx remained silent.
"The day starts. Meaning, life of a human begins. I walk on four legs. I am an infant, a little defenseless baby. Noon begins. The second part of my life starts, and I walk on 2 legs, I am in my prime! The sun starts to set, my life almost at an end, I grew old, which made me get a cane, that represents the third leg." -said the man, ready to leave this creature to her fate, without thinking that she might change her mind.
"You stupid monkey! You will not outsmart me! -said the raging sphinx already charging towards the man ready to rip him apart.
He did not expect that to happen, so he quickly tried to run away from the incoming threat, only to hit a pillar he used to hide behind the moment he first heard the creatures terrible roar. The pillar was old, and the slightest push could have caused it to collapse. He rolled over to the other side, avoiding certain death from the massive chunk of worn out stone that was falling his way, but, the same could not have been said by the sphinx. Her head and torso were completely squashed, but her legs were still twitching, and blood was gushing everywhere, making the sand glitter red on the full moon that was directly above the man and the dying sphinx. A gruesome death indeed.
"Don't underestimate us humans." -said the man with a smirk on his face, feeling the sweet taste of victory while he walked away from the corpse of the crushed monster that almost took his life.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I love chocolate.
Welcome to the server!

Remember to /join chat when ingame, and don't be afraid to ask any of us Grunts or GMs a question.

And I must say, you speak English like it was your birth language. :P

Looking forward to seeing you around!
Thank you very much, PiesOfGod, I hope i will get a warm welcome from the other members of the community as well.
*insert warm welcome here*

WELCOME TO CONQUEST OF THE HORDE!
Kelifos Wrote:Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I love chocolate.

You will be welcomed among us, indeed.

But really, Greetings! XD
WELCOME TO THE SERVER!!!!!!!!!
Warm enough? :D and yes you will fit in perfectly.
Thank you, Svast and Drak, thats the kind of warm I was hoping for. :)
I prefer small and inconspicuous welcomes, but for your preference:
Welcome!
falnoran Wrote:I prefer small and inconspicuous welcomes, but for your preference:
Welcome!

You? Small and inconspicuous? HA!

Anyway...

WELCOME TO THE SERVER!