Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Gythen24's Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
(This can be anything. We like to get a feel for those that will be integrating themselves into our community.)

Im 18 years old and have been playing World of Warcraft since the start. Lately I've felt like Retail hasn't been giving me the RP experience so I came looking for a new place to RP. I'm sick of going onto servers where everyone who role plays is either a Death Knight or Demon Hunter and this looks like the place for me :)

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
(We ask this, as we take this into consideration with players that do not primarily speak English.)

I was born is Australia and I've lived here my whole life. My primary language is english.

How did you get into Warcraft?:

My love for everything Warcraft started with Warcraft III. Ever since then "the World of Warcraft" has been a pretty special part of my life.

What made you seek our server over others?:

As I've said before, all other RP servers roleplayers are either Demon Hunters or Deathknights.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
(Some enjoy relaxing tavern roleplay. Others enjoy fighting, action and danger. Some in crowds, some in pairs. What appeals to you the most?)

I cant get enough of Village RPs or War / Battle RPs (with lots of people). The more the merrier I always say.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

I enjoy allitle bit of every class/race combo. But I have to say Im a sucker for Gnome Mages!

What are your expectations of this server?:

I expect this server is going to be GREAT, I say that without sucking up. Having this process of connecting is a great way to filter out all the unserious RPers.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
(Feel free to review our rules listed here.)

I don't know if its a rule or not, but like I stated before this connecting process is a great idea! I've never seen anything like this on other servers.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

‘Whitewash' struck something hard while crossing under the arch leading to the enclave, it sounded like Morse code being typed out onto the hull of the ship. The boat roared and groaned in pain as its timber was punctured by an unknown force. This unknown force began to affect the crew, pushing their bodies down as if gravity had been increased, and the crew shouted the same cries of pain as ‘Whitewash' did. Edward's bones shook and sharp pains were going through his nerves, his teeth clenching and head throbbing. He looked out over at what was the enclave to find a whole different island.

The once untouched forest was now a barren wasteland covered with dead leafless trees, the light of the enclave had changed to a thick black fog hovering over the water surrounding the island. Birds still circled around the enclave though now they were half the size of ‘Whitewash' and wore silvery chain-mail hiding their obvious fleshless structure. The birds dove down towards the boat but jack-knifed before making contact. They flew like professional stunt pilots, barley missing each other or running into the arch and walls of the enclave. They screeched like fighter jets taking off at a pitch so high the glass eyes of the boat's lion figurehead shattered and shards of glass flew through the air.

PS: This is part of a story I wrote about a month ago for a competition held by my retail guild.

PPS: I won LOL

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
(This can be anything. Questions/Comments are always welcome.)

Not at all. Can't wait to roleplay with you guys.
The troll welcomes you!

I liked your story, very well written. If you have any questions, or just feel like roleplaying, give me a poke!