Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Zartha's (re?)introduction.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Tell us about yourself, as a player:
Well, let's see. As a player, I enjoy RP in all forms. I've created many characters over fifteen years, some successful and flourishing and most of them dead. I do not mind playing a victim or a villain, especially when it furthers another person's plot. I've changed a lot as a person since I was here last (namely, I've had a child) and I think it's reflected in my characters and attitude in general. I've played WoW now for going on four years, and it's mostly been restricted to RP servers - which, sadly, have all disappointed me. They all seem to be filled with non-RPers who do nothing but grief and I find myself tired of Blizzard turning a blind eye. I crave creating and sharing with others, as I've little time these days to actively play WoW and roleplaying was the only reason I've done it for so long.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I was born in the US and I've never lived anywhere else. My primary language is English, but I can throw in a bit of Spanish and Russian if I need to. ;)

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I originally played Final Fantasy XI, and on a hiatus from that game due to financial woes, we (my husband and I) tried WoW on a whim because of the 14 day free trial. Lo and behold, we got hooked and never looked back. As far as getting into roleplay, I explored it when I was fourteen in the AOL RP channels and I have spent many years getting a bit better (okay, a -lot- better) at writing. What appeals to me about roleplay is the interaction - and that is why I choose to do it over simply writing stories.

What made you seek our server over others?:
I am familiar (or was familiar) with the lore, and was a founding member of the server way back when. I stopped playing here over a year ago, mostly because I was an insufferable brat, but I've come to terms with my behavior and I look forward to making amends - if you'll let me.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
All kinds. Whether that's kicking around in a tavern and verbally sparring or plotting the destruction of the Alliance in the basement of an old, worn-down house. I love how twining the relationships between characters can be, and I love the feeling of creating a life and a history to go with a flawed individual. Interaction is all I require.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
This is a tough one. I enjoy the draenei because they are so pure and in a way, I like to try to corrupt them while keeping them true to their nature. I also enjoy the bloodelves and exploring addiction and what it means to be addicted. As for class, well, I enjoy anything that isn't too stringently good OR evil. I prefer middle ground as opposed to being locked into a "good guy" role. I'm more of a neutral-evil. ;D

What are your expectations of this server?:
Expectations? I expect for this to be an open-minded community, with RP opportunities for the new and for the old. I expect maturity (not as in mature-leaned roleplay, but as in adult behavior) when handling people, and I expect to have fun.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
I can't just pick one. Respect and maturity. I chose both because both are so rare on internet communities, but both are so important to keep things fun. Also, if you can't trust that you'll be respected and treated with maturity, why even be around that group of people?

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

We created a life. It doesn't matter if our ability to do so was brought unnaturally. There is a child - an Ashtalon child - half-blood but immediately loved. Do we listen to the young druid? Do I believe that Charam has seen the truth in her eyes? How can we be sure it's destined to bring about death and destruction?

All around Zumimi there was hustle and bustle. Ama had gone too far, pushed Charam too close to the edge. War was coming, she knew, and her mate would stop at nothing to eradicate all of Ama's men, their families, and Ama himself. Standing in the courtyard, listening to the Commander rally their troops, all she could think about was the waning fire of life in her belly.

We have to kill it - kill our own progeny. The bronze have sent someone from the future to fix a variation in the time line and this was the event he'd narrowed it down to. Do I really believe it was our own son that came to do so? I want to see him, want to confirm that it is the man from my dreams. Wasn't his name...

Charam had finished speaking and left the floor open for Zumimi. Looking out across the attentive faces - some of them were so young! - and seeing their fear, she puts a tired smile on her face and addresses them in a voice she struggled to maintain. It was all she could do to try to give them hope. Her druid counterpart was furious, raging because of the hurt, and his speech had been about killing women and children. She made them all a promise to mourn everyone Ama had taken from them upon their successful return.

The pill would take care of it... farewell, my sweet child.. I'll see you in another life..

Feeling woozy, she begs Charam to carry her to their quarters. Once there, she hurries into the bathroom and vomits up the contents of her stomach. It is the only time that she allows herself to cry.

Must be strong. Must be his Wild Heart. He needs me to be strong. Yes, Bora'chak.. I will watch over you. I will keep you safe and help nurse you back to sanity once you lose yourself in your rage...

Preparing herself for combat by strapping on her armor, she pushes her sorrow to the back of her mind. Once finished arming herself, she hooves it over to Charam helps him into his. It was her duty, after all, to take care of her lifemate. Today, that included supporting him while he worked through his sorrow. Most days it just required bathing him and bedding him until he passed out. She preferred those days.

He asked her to be there, he needed her there. Zumimi agreed without hesitation. When he transformed into his larger, sleeker panther form and asked her to ride upon his back, the huntress did so. It was then that the pair exited their private quarters and reemerged into the bustling base. Well-armed huntress on a giant panther's back.

...I will kill him myself. I will look into his eyes and I will watch as the light fades. I will have him revived and I will do it over and over...

When the repeating fantasy of gutting and butchering Ama like a stag faded, they were in the courtyard. It was almost time. They would soon have their revenge. Zumimi's personal team was sent in advance to scatter bombs amongst the bases of the enemy. Allowing herself to fall back into a dream-like haze, she trusted Charam to lead and rouse her when it was time to murder. The bestial wrath of the huntress was waking and she dare not try to stifle it.

They had it coming.

Women were slain. Men were obliterated, their bodies ripped and shredded beyond recognition. Zumimi shot them while on the back of her beloved and he tore them asunder, splattering gore over the both of them. The huntress' trained lynx feasted on the entrails of the young, purring happily to have been allowed this very rare treat. It was not often that his mistress killed sentient beings.

They deserve it. They killed my child. They killed Charam's first child in ten thousand years. They deserve it. They have it coming. These men follow the scumbag, they will be wiped out. Nothing will remain of Ama or his followers. A gift of blood to your memory, my love. Look how they fear us. They shouldn't have gone this far.. they woke Bora'chak..

Zumimi lost herself to the rage.

Who would stop Charam now?
Wow, That was certainly well done! I think you should get accepted..!!