Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: The Introduction of ME! (The man of Many faces)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
Personally, I love to do a lot of different things. I like to read, play video games, ride horseback, swim, ETC. Recently (about 5 years ago) I started acting in shows in the community, starting with my High School. The thrill of being on stage and the prospect of being someone I wasn't was an amazing feeling for me, and I continued it. During those few years, I began playing Dungeons & Dragons (Pen and Paper version) and the RolePlay aspect was, once again, very appealing. When I finally joined the ranks of World of Warcraft (Just after Burning Crusade's release), I noticed there were 'RP' realms, and I almost immediately joined up. I've played many different things including a Tauren Warrior descended from Cairne (though he disliked the fact people thought he was favored for it), An Orc Warrior who had seen his glory days, only wishing to die in battle, though he would recount fighting the Draenei alongside Hellscream, A Human Warlock whose parents had studied with the High Elves, though his affinity for magic was weak and his desire to use it drove him to Demons, And a Night Elf Druid whose views towards the Horde as a whole was quite friendly.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I was born in Los Angeles, though I moved to the Midwest at age 1. I've lived here since. The only language I can speak fluently is English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I remember playing Warcraft: Orcs and Humans when I was younger, and played II and III (Including Frozen Throne) and loving them, but being a self-taught writer, I would imagine all the different stories I could create out of that universe if you could only focus on one character instead of doing an RTS. I was estatic when I heard about WoW, and picked it up as soon as I had the money to do so.

What made you seek our server over others?:
The main reason was the RP aspect of the game, the other being my dislike for being forced into PvP. I also don't have too much money to pay for the monthly subscription, but I also realized that any free RP server would probably be more akin to actual Roleplayers and not attract griefers.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I enjoy almost any type and would willingly participate in anything if the others would have me. I'm quick on my feet and can adapt to any storyline or scenario

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I have a few, because it's hard to pick just one. My favorite are the Draenei because of their backstory and their involvement with the Legion, and their pious nature towards the Naaru. The fact they're all so willingly fighting a cause that looked to end in disaster makes me respect them that much more. My other favorite race would be the Tauren. THey, too, have a good history, though the nature-loving aspect of their race has always made me love them. Orcs are my third favorite race, their brutal nature (After their Demon blood drinking) reflecting the way I love to play my D&D character (Normally a Half-Orc barbarian). I've always felt there was a monster inside me waiting to get out, and with the orcs (And the other two favorites, for that matter), I was able to let that beast out. Personally, though, once Cataclysm hits, my favorite beatial, monsterous race is going to automatically become the Worgen. I love their backstory as well, and because I'm a fan of the Humanoid wolf Idea... just look at my 'story'.

What are your expectations of this server?:
They're not too high... yet. I don't want to expect too much only to be let down. I'm really just looking to find a group of people that love to Roleplay as much as I do and maybe form some lasting friendships.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Respect (Not to take off the example) was a big one for me. I come from a military family, and I've always been taught to respect your elders and your superiors.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
(Hope you don't mind it's not WoW related...)
The door to the tavern swung open and the few lanterns on the walls blew out. It was black in the tavern. The sun had set many hours ago. The door slammed shut. There was a faint snap from the door, and the lanterns burst back to life, as if nothing had happened.
The cloaked stranger stood in front of the door, staring at the customers. His face was hooded, and his cloak was soaking wet from the downpour that carried on outside. No one could discern any feature of his face. His hood formed an almost impermeable layer of darkness.
"Who sent them," he asked. His voice rumbled out from under his hood. It sent shivers down the spines of all the patrons there. It seemed as if this growl had been emitted from the pits of Hell itself. "I said, Who sent them," he said, a bit louder. The stranger took a step forward, but due to his cloak touching the ground, he seemed to glide forward, as if he were Death. "The bounties. They're after my head." His arms stirred and pulled forth a sack of gold and tossed it onto the floor. "Please, claim the gold you paid to have me killed." All the men of the tavern just stared, not knowing if they should claim this purse.

One man stepped forward. "It is my gold, sir," he stated, staring at the ground.
"Sit down, you greedy blaggard! I know this is not your gold." The man sat, keeping his gaze on the floor at all times. "Daniel Clark," the stranger called. "Where is Daniel Clark?"
The men all shifted in their seats, nervous. One other man stepped forward.
"I am he," he said, his voice quaking.
"Look at me, Daniel," The stranger said, growling like an animal. Daniel turned his face upwards. "You paid a bounty hunter fifteen-thousand gold to kill me, correct?" Daniel nodded. "And you agreed to split the sixty-thousand gold reward with him, seventy-thirty, am I correct in my thinking," he queried. Daniel nodded again. "There is the fifteen, claim it if you want it, either that, or I will take it." Daniel reached towards the sack, but stopped.

"Ah ah ah," the stranger said, not moving. "Not so fast. I believe you owe me an apology." Daniel looked up and then back at the sack. He strained to push his hand forward, but it didn't budge. "What sorcery is this," Daniel screamed in outrage. "That money is rightfully mine," he cried, attempting to push his hand past the invisible barrier.
"Not until you apologize," the stranger said. Daniel looked shocked, and stared at the hidden face of the magician.
"I would never apologize to you, you freak," he screamed, and smiled at his remark. Daniel was hurled from the floor and slammed into the wall opposite the bar, then tossed out the window, but no hand had touched him.

"Does anyone else dare defy Farrahgo Silvertooth," the stranger asked, scanning the crowd. His drew back his hood, and revealed his face. It was the head of a wolf. His fur was an amber-gold and his eyes were set just above the bridge of his nose, and they had the fierce look of a hawk about them. He studied the faces of all the men in the building, liking what he saw. The creature enjoyed scaring humans. They had shunned him so long ago, he felt no remorse for most of them. He had befriended a few, but only a scarce few that would deny knowing him if asked. He bared his fangs, and the light glittered off his canine teeth. They were plated in pure silver and bloodstained. He growled and then swung his head towards the bartender.

"Barkeep, I would like to purchase the nicest suite, price is of no matter to me." He bent over and picked up the fifteen-thousand gold Daniel had "left" for him. The bartender stared at this atrocity before him.
"Sir, you must-"
"I said ‘barkeep, I would like to purchase the nicest suite, price is of no matter to me', did I stutter?"
"N-No, Mr. Silvertooth, you didn't." He turned around quickly, stumbling upon grabbing the key to a room. He turned back to Farrahgo and handed the key to him. "Room 106, normally rented out to Kings and Nobles."
"In a place like this," Farrahgo scoffed, "I doubt it." He stepped away from the bar and strode to the staircase, placing his hood over his head once again.