Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Houou's Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
I'm terrible at self-evaluations, but generally, I fancy myself as rather mellow and cool-headed. I'm amazingly patient and probably too kind for my own good. I've been RPing for about ten years now. I got my start in forum RP and branched out from there, doing chat and some RP in other MMOs and games, like WoW, DDO, JKA, and the like. I also love a good PnP. I still RP to this day, and it's one of my few loves.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
United States. English is my native language.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I've played Warcraft II and III in passing. I've seen people playing WoW all over the place on campus. Eventually a friend of mine convinced me to subscribe, so I did. Since then, I've been picking up on the lore and getting up to speed (Wowwiki really helps).

What made you seek our server over others?:
A good friend of mine in the RP scene heavily recommended your server and site. Your guides are thorough and a handy reference, and the way she explains things, I have gotten high hopes for the server.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Most any roleplay works for me. I try not to favor one over any other. I'm known for my adaptability and can get behind any good story.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Did I mention I'm also terrible at picking favorites? Hm. Hordeside, I have a preference for all the Kalimdor races (orcs, trolls, and tauren; trolls in particular). Score for the power of nature. For the Alliance, I have two favorite races: the draenei and the dwarves. Both are solid and sturdy races, and draenei lore in particular is a treat. I try not to discriminate.
As for classes, shamans have become a particular favorite ("My power is not my own. Remember that."). Beyond that, I enjoy most classes and try not to discriminate (again).

What are your expectations of this server?:
My parents told me not to ask for presents at Christmas and the like, since it's in bad taste. At any rate, I should hope for, at the least, excellent RP. After all, that's the main reason why I'm here. I've heard bad things about private servers and the stigmas associated with them. With any luck, this server can turn me around.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
I appreciate the Respect section. I can get behind the general "Be a bro to yourself and to others" mantra.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
(I'm lifting this from another Forum RP I participate in.)

Quote:"Give her back, Abe!"
"Make me, smallfry! Ha ha!"

Just outside the dirt schoolyard, a small crowd of little kids, anywhere from six to ten years, stood back as Abe, the local bully, was up to no good again. Abe was ten years old, a portly kid with a buzzcut and a sneer that could put anyone off. He was the loud and obnoxious type, the sort you wanted to get rid of. Unfortunately, no one could, since his size lent itself well to pushing people around and getting his way. He learned to make the most of it, as he did today.

High above his head in his hand was gripped a small dolly of cloth and stuffing. His other hand was out in front of him, pushing away the little girl who wanted her back. Louise was only seven, curled auburn hair bobbing as she kept hopping to try and snatch her dear doll from Abe's grasp. Tears had already welled, and she wailed at him, trying to force herself onto him. Round and round the two shuffled, Abe continually stiff-arming Louise. A couple other kids tried to reason with the stubby little boy, but he had none of it.

"Come oooon, Abe!" she wailed. "Give her back!"
"Why should I?" sneered Abe. "She's just a stupid doll! Why do you care so much?"
"Because she's mine! Now GIVE!"
Abe scoffed. "Make me!"

A third voice cut into the commotion, that of a young boy with a middling voice. "Fine. Then I'll make you!"

Abe, Louise and the few other kids turned around to see a young boy, nine years old with ratty blonde hair and plain clothes, part the crowd with a flat, serious look on his face. Jammed into a belt loop on his left hip was a long, smoothed stick, like he were a traveling fighter with a sword at his belt. Louise's eyes watered while Abe scoffed.

"Whaddya want, Joe?" Abe muttered. "This ain't your business."
"Milooo," Louise called to him. "He won't give Rosie back." Josan's brown eyes looked up and indeed spied the small doll in Abe's meaty paw. Eyes leveled with the portly kid.

"Givit back, Abe," Josan spoke matter-of-factly, putting on a surprising air of authority.
"Pfft," Abe scoffed again. "Why should I? I'm the boss, and what I say goes!"
"No you're not," Joe responded. "Givit."
"No."
"Givit."
"No! Quit it!"
Joe outstretched a hand. "Give it back."

"Shut up!" Abe, visibly peeved, pushed Louise aside with his stiff-arming hand and stormed towards Joe at a surprising pace, rearing back a fist. Joe glowered as his right hand came for the "hilt" of his stick. With a hop, he sidestepped to the outside of Abe's slow, wide punch. In the same motion, he drew his stick and, in a single motion, rapped Abe over the back of the shoulder. He yelped, but not before spinning around with a wild look in his face and throwing a wild backfist with the same arm. Playing to his agility, Joe ducked beneath the flailing arm, responding in kind with his own backhand attack. The difference, though, was that he swung with the stick with an audible whoosh and caught Abe in the side of his stomach with a mighty WHAP.

As Abe yelped again and held his side, the stick came around again, flying down from above and nailing the bully atop the opposite shoulder in a clubbing motion. Abe fell to a knee and released his grip on the doll to hold his new welts. The doll flopped to the dirt, letting Josan lean in and snatch the doll up so he may hand it off to Louise, who stood in surprise at the whole scene. She was obviously elated to have her dolly back, as her laugh, her hop and her "Thanks, Milo!" proved. Abe wailed like a baby, the bruises stinging as he tried to rub them down.

"Fine," Abe growled as Josan "sheathed" his stick in his beltloop. "Keep the stupid doll. I never wanted her anyway!" He pulled himself up and stomped down the street, still holding his welts and wailing like any child would after being hurt. The other kids, meanwhile had crowded closer, amazed at Josan's sudden show of skill and how he took down that ball of fat. Louise herself, still cradling Rosie, came up to him too.

"That was amazing, Milo!" she gushed. "How'd you do that?"
Milo paused as he looked down at his "sword." He looked back up with a half-smile on his face.
"I-I dunno," he confessed. "It just kinda...happened. I dunno how I did that myself." Maybe all that practice helped, he thought to himself. I didn't know I could do that!

"You're the coolest, Milo!" All the other kids joined in the chorus, Milo suddenly overwhelmed with this new fame. He couldn't help but wonder: is this gonna happen all the time if he leaves the village?

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
The name "Hou'ou" is Japanese for "phoenix," before anyone asks.
Oh hay, just read your intro and thought I'd give ya a grand welcome to CotH! x)

Got any questions? Allow me to point you in the direction of *point* the GM staff we have here, *point* the wonderful players in game, whom I'm sure you'll be meeting in no time, orrrr *point* this here forum! That is what it's here for! You can also /join Chat in-game to hang out with all the players, and /join BarrensChat for nonsensical talk and CAPS LOCK MEMES HARHAR!

Aaaanyway, do have fun on the server! See you in game! :D
The welcome is much appreciated. Thanks for having me.