Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Shinja's Introduction.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
As it's been a while since I've written one of these introductions, pardon me if I seem to go off-topic all the time, seem like I'm running around in circles or just generally avoid the question. But hey, we have to get back into it somewhere, right? I'm what you would call a leader. In my whole role-playing career, which was not on WoW, I have always strived to be the best both IC and OOC. OOC, this reflects to my striving to have the best role-playing environment possible. This could be by taking on administrative tasks, like I've done on the high-quality role-playing server I've co-lead on San Andreas. By striving to be the best IC, I don't mean I would want to be the most powerful being or anything of the likes, I mean that I would do anything within my possibilities to role-play my character as convincing and realistically as possible. If my character happens to be a sad and weak person, so be it. I won't mean much in the role-played world but I know that, if role-played well, I'll leave an impression on the people behind the characters. That's what I usually strive for while role-playing. Now, a bit more onto the my history in role-playing. I've role-played for little over a year on San Andreas Multiplayer (yes, the platform of GTA) where I was co-leading the group of high-class role-players known as the Solntsevskaya Bratva (in short, the Russian mob). I know this is quite irrelevant to role-playing on World of Warcraft as the whole universe is completely different, but I feel that having at least a background in some form of role-playing can help me understand the basic ruleset a lot more. With that said, I'll have to disappoint each and every single one of you by saying this would be my first role-playing experience in the universe of Warcraft. That does not mean I do not know my lore, because I have to say I've done my reading up on it while I was still playing with the "1337 kiddos", pardon my leet speak.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I was born and raised in Gent, Belgium. Thus, my primary language is Dutch. Needless to say though that I believe my English is sufficient enough to participate on an English role-play server. My English has been trained since I was able to speak, seeing as my uncle is originally from London and doesn't speak Dutch.

How did you get into Warcraft?:

I've gotten into Warcraft early on with Warcraft II. I've always had a great fascination for the world and the surrounding lore as it has so amazingly many parallels with today's world and the history of mankind.

What made you seek our server over others?:

Actually, I did not seek a specific server. Truth be told, I googled for a private role-playing server and you were the first one I came across. That does not mean that I did not do my research on you guys. But after reading several comments on blogs, Youtube, other websites, etc. I came to the conclusion that this server actually has a high standard of role-play and that's exactly what I'm after. The thing that gave the breakthrough on my decision would be the fact that I have to write this introduction before I am accepted into the server. This confirms my thoughts when I was hoping for only the cream of the crop.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Frankly, that depends on my mood. Of course, I'll always stay in touch with my character, but my characters are usually known to have slight moodswings as well. But if I had to pick one, I have to say that I thoroughly enjoy to go on small adventures with a tight-knit group of people.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

As I have always had a fascination for Undead Warlocks, since the time I started playing World of Warcraft on live servers, I guess I'll have to stick with them. They have always seemed to be the most perfectly fitting race for a Warlock, due to their close bond with the dead and demonic parts of this world. Needless to say that their style of walking and movement is also completely complementary with the whole feel and look of a warlock.

What are your expectations of this server?:

I expect to find a great bunch of people here who, like me, enjoy role-playing with only the best of the best. My biggest expectation though, is to finally feel what it is to finally experience what role-play on WoW really is. I've tried to role-play on live servers, but that disgusted me after a couple of days due to the sheer amount of inadequate role-players there.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Quote: Humility

Here's something to think about. When you read a book, you're reading a story about one or two or more characters, usually. These characters are the central focus of the story, and though they may meet other characters, typically the main characters remain the focus of the story. This is a pleasant and useful device in fiction and storytelling, but it doesn't work in real life, and it becomes a bit clumsy when applied to World of Warcraft. Each of our characters are central to their own stories... and everyone else's character is central to theirs. Nobody else loves your character as much as you do. When coming up with a story for your character, remember this. Other people may not get involved. Other people may not care. Other people may not comply. Part of being a mature player is recognizing when your character isn't supposed to be the center of attention. Sometimes other players' characters need to shine, and it is your honor and privilege to stand aside and give them room in the spotlight. Heck, play along. Find a way to fit into THEIR story now and then.
After reading this rule, I basically started smiling. Reading this rule has given me the assurance that the lead administration on this server knows what role-play is and will enforce it as good as possible. Humility is perhaps the most important feat of a role-player.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

As it never stated it had to be Warcraft-related, so I'll go ahead and post up the story I've written for my character on the San Andreas server. If needed, I'll write up a "little something something" regarding Warcraft, but as I haven't had the time to completely write up my character, it would be foolish for me to post a half-assed Warcraft-story.

It was a terribly hot day, that dreaded 17th of August, as Alexei walked into an art-nouveau decorated reception room of a hotel. He let his eyes slide through the room, looking for possible exits and escape routes, but nothing seemed to be clear apart from the main exit. He put his hand to his chin and thought of other possibilities.

"Snipe him outside?"
"Poison his drink and make sure no one notices?"
"Bribe some streetkid to stab him?"

None of the ideas seemed satisfying enough, Alexei needed to see his victim die. He'd been on the traitor for a while and decided that it would be best if he killed him by a bullet from his own gun. His gun, a shiny golden Desert Eagle. It was given by his boss at the KGB for years of good service and silent assassinations. But as of late, Alexei had gotten reckless. He didn't care any more about preparing an assassination for weeks, he just wanted them dead. Maybe it was blood thirst, maybe it was just getting overconfident, who knows?

Ru - mumbling - "I'll just run into his room, blast his head off and get back out through the front door. Before they notice, I'll be on my way to Mother Russia again."

Little drops of sweat were pearling down his forehead. He took out a red silk tissue from the inner pocket of his suit and wiped his forehead clean. While slowly walking towards the reception desk he carelessly threw the tissue on the floor. Once arrived at the desk, he looked the receptionist in the eyes and calmly asked in his finest English:

Alexei said: "Good afternoon. I have an appointment with Sir Radoslav Asimov. He should be residing in room 507. Could you please tell me exactly how to get to his room?"
As to which the receptionist replied: "Certainly sir. Take the elevator to the fifth floor and then exit to your left. You'll find room 507 as the third room on your right then."

The receptionist smiled as she tried her best to speak English. Alexei nodded at her and turned around in the direction of the elevators. What happened from there on, no one knows, not even Alexei himself. All he knows is that the newspapers titled the next day that there had been a mass murder in the Hotel Telegrafo. As soon as Alexei read that message, he knew it was him. He just knew that he had snapped when entering that elevator. Radoslav had escaped him twice before... he didn't that afternoon. Not more than five minutes after Alexei read the newspaper, he got a call.

A voice from the other side of the phone said: Ru - "Agent Sasha, you're to report immediately to my office. You've gone too far this time."
Alexei replied calmly: Ru - "Da, da."

He put the horn down, realizing exactly what he had done. This would cost him his head... He shrugged, took his long coat, put it on and left his luxury apartment. He was in the middle of the street in a freezing temperature. Moscow, the city he'd lived in since he was born. Alexei looked around him, wondering if they were watching him right now. He shrugged once more and entered his car. He turned on the engine and drove to the KGB office. He could feel his heart pumping in his throat, the adrenaline rushed through his veins as he got closer and closer to the office. He knew what was going to happen, he knew he couldn't stop it, but still... He didn't seem to accept it.

Alexei entered the office of Vladimir Kryuchkov, feeling the sweat pearling down his spine. He looked from the ground to Vladimir and back. He could feel Vladimir's eyes drilling themselves away through him.

Vladimir said: Ru - "Sasha... You're fired. And you know exactly why. Why on earth did you kill thirteen innocent bystanders? Why did your "silent" assassination get on the front-page of every god-damned newspaper in the world? You've disappointed me, you were a great agent. But your means have changed, and your behaviour is intolerable. Hand me your badge... and the gun."
Alexei could feel his heart stopped beating.

"The gun!? That can't be! That gun is everything to me!"

That's all Alexei could think of at that time.
Vladimir grew impatient.
Vladimir: Ru - "So... are you going to hand it over nicely or do you need me to take it off of you with force?"

Alexei shook his head. He unholstered the golden Desert Eagle and took out his ID. He put them both on Vladimir's desk. Without saying another word, Alexei left the office, slamming the door behind him. All he could feel was a rage he had never felt before. But he knew that there was nothing he could do about it. Colleagues asked him what was wrong, but he did not reply. All he did was walking, not stopping until he exited the building. Once out, he clinched his fist and hit the wall as hard as he could. His knuckles were bleeding, but Alexei did not feel pain. All he could think of was how badly he had screwed up on his last mission. The mission to kill Radoslav Asimov.

Three days had passed since Alexei got fired. He was sitting in his luxurious apartment, looking over Moscow. A bottle of Eristoff vodka in his right hand, a cigarette in his left. He sighed as he took another puff from his cigarette and looked over Moscow with glassy eyes.

"What else is there for me left in Moscow?"
"Why should I stay here?"
"There?s no future left for me?"
"Might be better if I moved out?"

He left his house, not taking anything with him apart from the clothes he's wearing and 5,000 dollars in cash. He got in his car, drove to the airport and ordered a ticket to Los Santos. While sitting on the plane, he looked outside of the window while taking off above Moscow.

Ru - "Dasvidanya, Moscow"

Alexei felt his eyes were getting heavier... and heavier... and heavi... *snoring*

?Ladies and gentlemen. We?ll be arriving at the Los Santos Airport. Please fasten your seatbelts and remain seated until we've landed. The temperature is 27 degrees Celsius. Have a fine stay in Los Santos.?

Alexei abruptly woke up, shaking his head lightly. He gazed around him, not completely realizing where he was. He tried to grab for his gun, but then slowly realized what happened in the past days. He sighed and got up from his seat. He slowly walked out of the plane, sniffing the air.

"This place smells"

Was all he could think of this new town he arrived at. He shrugged once more, because he simply couldn't care less any more. He ordered a taxi and asked the driver to drive him to the nearest club. The need for alcohol was coming back to him. The driver drove off to the Alhambra club, where Alexei started drinking vodka right away. Not much later, a mysterious looking girl entered the club with another man. They were speaking Russian, which made Alexei?s heart skip a beat. He quickly ordered another vodka, necked the drink and decided to go up and talk to them.

After a long talk about Alexei's situation, background, parents, basically everything you could think about, the woman said her name. Nina. She offered him a job as security in a place called the Moscovian Lounge.

That same night, Nina called him. She had a job for him. He took a taxi to the Moscovian and knocked on the door. An obese man opened the door and introduced himself. His name was Kosmo.

Kosmo: Ru - "What?s your name Rusky?"
Alexei: Ru - "Sasha, just Sasha."
The men both nodded at each other, Alexei obviously showing more respect towards Kosmo.

After a peaceful night at the Moscovian, where Alexei had been guarding the VIP rooms together with a black person called Bill, Kosmo asked him to come to the back with a couple of other guys. Alexei felt that this man was more than just a regular clubowner, there was more behind this fa?ade than what could be seen directly. He had an eye for it after working that long undercover for the KGB.
Kosmo turned to Alexei, speaking to him.

Kosmo: Ru - "So, Sasha, what did you do before you came to Los Santos?"
Alexei: Ru - "I shouldn't be telling you this... but I worked for the Kay. They fired me because I fucked up on my last mission."
Kosmo nodded.
Kosmo: Ru - "Ah, I also have a brother who's with the Kay. But I can't tell you his name or I'd have to kill you."
Alexei nodded understandingly while Kosmo bursted out in laughter.

"What an odd guy"

Kosmo offered the men to go and have a little trip to a hideout place in the mountains. They drove off to the hideout in two Huntleys, Alexei at the wheel of one of the cars. Kosmo was giving him directions on where to go and he followed them flawlessly. After a little bit of talking back and forth between Kosmo and Alexei, they came onto the subject of sniping. After a bit of bragging on both of their sniper skills with a Dragunov, Kosmo stood up. He walked upto his car and opened the trunk, taking out a scoped Dragunov. He handed it over to Alexei.

Kosmo: Ru - "Shoot something."
Kosmo smiled as he said that.

Alexei looked around, keeping his eyes open for any movement. All of a sudden, a bird dared to move in a tree up the hill. Alexei crouched, aimed down the sights, steadied his breathing, controlled his pulse and pulled the trigger. As the bird was falling down, Alexei dropped the gun on the floor, sprinting towards the dead animal. He crouched next to it, looked at it and sighed.
"I missed the head..."
He returned, delivered the bad news of missing the head and noticed all the other men laughing at him. They weren't laughing with his aim, they were laughing with the fact that he was actually pissed off he missed the head.

A couple of days later he was invited to Kosmo's home. As he entered the house, he noticed a whole tattoo equipment box standing on the table. He knew about the Red Mafiya, he knew what their traditions were... he knew what was going to happen. Kosmo stepped up and offered him to become part of the Solntsvenskaya Bratva, the bratva he was apparently leading. Alexei nodded, speechless by the opportunity he was given.

Alexei said in a low voice: Ru - "I won't disappoint you..."

"I can't disappoint you..."

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
If there are any questions, remarks, comments, whatever, please feel free to ask them. I know I'm not perfect and I might have skipped a thing or two that you'd love to know so please, by all means, let me know. As for now, I don't think I have any questions, etc.
It's good to see people putting this much effort into their introductions. If this is any indication of the quality of your RP, it's good to have you with us.

Welcome to Conquest of the Horde!
Thank you for the kind words, it always feels good when someone compliments you on your effort! =]
Welcome to CoTH!Orange is my favorite color :3

If any questions, ask anyone.

And if you want to chat, (Hint: Suggested) /join chat

Happy RPing!

First I wrote a nicer, fancier welcome. But I failed it somehow, and now it's like this. :S
Awwwh, I would've loved a fancy welcome! Why couldn't you grant me that!? *offended face*

Nah, just kidding. Thanks again for yet another welcome.