Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Drath Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

I started gaming when I was about three years old. It started with my parents having an NES and playing Mega Man 2 (one of my favourite games ever). My interest in gaming has continued from there, from SNES, to Nintento 64, to Playstation 2, to PC and up to today's generation of consoles. I have an open interest in games (I play FPS, RTS, RPG (both single player and MMORPG just to name a few)

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
(We ask this, as we take this into consideration with players that do not primarily speak English.)

I come from Canada and my primary language is English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:

Remember seeing my friend play Warcraft 3 when I went to his house one day. Then I bought the game myself and became addicted to online play. I played through the single player storyline and loved it, Arthas' descent into madness, the summon of Archimonde, Grom saving the Orc's from bloodlust and the final Battle of Mount Hyjal.

What made you seek our server over others?:

I wanted to try a RP private server, in the mood of trying something different.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

Varies with my mood, sometimes friendly casual, sometimes combat.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

I typically play Human anything because Humans are so versatile when it comes to creating a state of mind and personality for them. Class doesn't matter to me, but each class is a reflection of certain traits.

What are your expectations of this server?:

My expectations are low, and I hope to keep RPing with a small group of other role-players.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

Respect means a lot to me. I normally remain neutral to people until I get to know them, then I either like them or dislike them.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

An excerpt one of my DnD experiences, Human Fighter point of view

I remember a very arduous journey from my youth. It originally started out as an errand from one town to another to deliver a parcel to a bishop at a small monastery. Little did me, Jebbedle (male gnome sorcerer) and Silaqui (female sun elf ranger) know that this simple errand would turn into the most brutal journey of our lives.

Silaqui insisted that we take what she believe was a shortcut to the village through the forest, and Jebbedle argued that there were giant spiders in the forest (Jebeddle was an arachnophobiac). Jebeddle's argument for not going down the shortcut was lame so I just went into the woods Silaqui pointed out, and Silaqui followed behind. Jebeddle was yelling that there were a large variety of creatures that way, but gave up arguing once he realized we were many paces away from him, so he decided to catch up to us.

We kept on taking this shortcut through the woods Silaqui insisted on for about two hours, then Jebeddle smelled what he thought was smoke up ahead. Silaqui stopped and called upon her owl companion Hedwig (yes, my friend named it Hedwig, so lame) to scout ahead for potential threats. When Hedwig came back, he revealed to Silaqui that there was, indeed, smoke up ahead, but one thing was odd, the smoke was red. Hedwig also told Sila that there was seemed to be a group of cultists up ahead in a large circle around the forest. Being the curious people that we are, we decided to go check out what was going on ahead.

We eventually came across a group of three cultists, commencing the ritual. They were chanting an odd chorus that Jebeddle said was being spoken in Abyssal, the language of demons. We waited at the same spot for about five minutes, and eventually, the ground was shaking, and later cracking, revealing a blood red mass of rock coming out of the ground where the cultists are circled around.

That crossed a line. Me, Jebeddle, Silaqui and Hedwig burst out of the bush to try and stop this ritual. Jebeddle let loose a barrage of flaming orbs onto the group of three cultists, believing them to be incinerated in the blast. Sadly that was not the case, the Cultists had a ward that devoured all the flame orbs. They were eventually fired from the ward towards us, which not only nearly killed us were it not for Jebeddle redirecting the orbs to the sky, but alerted the cultists to our presence.

Two of the cultists ran towards us, with short swords drawn, eyes filled red with anger, while another cultist was casting which was a mass transportation spell (Jebeddle didn't even know of it). I drew my bastard sword, standing my ground against the bloodthirsty cultists, only to be shoved aside with virtually no effort on their part into the dirt. Silaqui took out her spear, standing her guard as well, and was able to shove her spear right through the cultists stomach. The cultist dropped dead on the ground, enraging the other cultist with the short sword out. The cultist bull rushed Jebeddle, catching Jebelle off guard who was in the process of casting a blinding light at the cultist. Jebeddle was knocked to the ground, the cultist looming over him, about to pull a coup de grace, and with a stroke of luck on our part, the ground trembled again, distracting the guard long enough for Jebeddle to take out his dagger and stab the cultist in the foot. The cultist, writhing in pain, was then blown back to me by Jebbedle, whom was hastily able to concoct a sonic blast. With irony sticking him, I pulled off a coup de grace on the cultist, slashing the cultists stomach, then impaling it's heart.

We boasted to each other our victory against the two cultists, but then circumstance kicked us right in the face. The cultist whom was casting a spell, summoned to it's location, a powerful demon and more cultists. The cultists surrounded us and the demon, acting as like spectators to a fight between men. The demon, which we deemed "the Ripper," was a hulking creature, with a large, humanoid torso connected to an equine body with four hulking legs. It's maw was dripping in blood, wielding a large, two bladed sword also dripping in blood. With a ferocious roar, the large creature charged us, ready to tear us apart, we prepared for one of the greatest fights in our lives...

To be continued (lol cliffhanger)

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
(This can be anything. Questions/Comments are always welcome.)

I got nothing.