Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Emogru's Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
(This can be anything. We like to get a feel for those that will be integrating themselves into our community.)
As a player I am usually on the gamer side of games, my roleplaying experience isn't extensive but I have fun with it. Roleplaying can be a much more casual activity, which I find necessary with work and classes. I have dabbled in various text RPG's such as Cthulu and of course D&D, but, having no older siblings and being raised a generation late, I didn't grow up with these games, they became another game without a controller instead of a fantasy world, most of my experience comes from WoW and a few other online interactions. I enjoy making the connections with people based on traits that are overlooked in other forms of interaction; it's hard to find out what someone is like after an hour of a party. The online world, which flexes to your own schedule, is a great social outlet in my opinion.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

(We ask this, as we take this into consideration with players that do not primarily speak English.)
I was born and raised in the US, smack dab in the middle in northeast Kansas (the populated part, not the Wizard of Oz part >.>).

How did you get into Warcraft?:
My friends, who were somehow geekier than me at one time, got into Warcraft III and wanted me to join, but I didn't really want to, but they talked me into WoW beta and it snowballed from there. I wouldn't say I know enough about the lore to abstain from reading the books, but I'm not completely ignorant to the subject.

What made you seek our server over others?:

I have a friend who wanted to play here and I followed, I know you don't like simple answers but that's all I can give you, I was told this server is quite enjoyable though.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

(Some enjoy relaxing tavern roleplay. Others enjoy fighting, action and danger. Some in crowds, some in pairs. What appeals to you the most?)
As I said before I don't have the most experience with roleplay, most of it is in pairs, I like getting to know people rather than trying to immerse myself in a world. I use the aforementioned world as an interactive and enjoyable social network.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
With regards to the game my favorite class is the Warlock, but that's irrelevant. Warrior would have to be my favorite roleplaying class, they are neutral (I don't like having predisposed opinions in matters) and agile, not as wise or intelligent as my ‘perfect' character, but that's where personality comes in. As far as race goes I prefer Humans or the aesthetically pleasing horde races. Humans are obviously easy to relate to and seem to be more realistic, more of a blank template to do with what you wish, even though they are young to the world.

What are your expectations of this server?:

Well based on my friend's admonishments, I expect a fair amount of the server. The site seems sophisticated and the community active and intelligent, hopefully I won't be sorely disappointed as with some other servers where I delved right in.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
(Feel free to review our rules listed here.)
All the rules and regulations seemed very standard and straightforward, nothing too out of the ordinary or expected. Obviously the rules regarding godmoding and humility are fair and necessary, and if I HAD to choose it would be between those two.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

The Argent Commander looked down at the sealed sarcophagus and then to his paperwork.

"Are you sure you should be letting this one out ma'am? He was listed as being rather dangerous. And how do we know this will even work and that he is not crazy or wo-" One of the crusaders started to speak but was cut off by hand.

This woman in plate armor, the so called commander, looked down at the box and offered the crowbar to one of them. "Weapons at the ready. Open it up."

Two of the soldiers stepped forward, pressing the edges of the crowbar into the lid and breaking the seal. A chill wind flowed out of the stone, frost eating down the sides slowly. They pushed the lid fully away and crashed down to the ground.

"Well now. By the Light he figured something out." She chuckled a bit, picking up the crowbar and walking around the stone sarcophagus.

Inside was a figure, a male human encased in thick ice. He hair was long and white, almost like snow. The Commander slammed her crowbar into the ice, a crack forming and the man's eyes opening slowly. Several of the men step back upon seeing this.

His left eye was the strangest thing about him. A sky sapphire was set into the socket, a group of runes clustered on it to allow sight. The ice over him cracks and shatters, shards turning into a light frost as it floats down.

"Tell me... Do you know your name?" She asked him.

The man sat up and looked at her, that gemstone eye lighting up as he nods slowly. "My name... Is Eriknox Shattersoul."

She clapped once and smiled a bit wider. "Wonderful. Simply wonderful. And whom do you serve?"

He looked at her and then to the sky, a smile forming on his face. "The interests of the Alliance, the Ebon Blade, the Argent Crusade, and myself."

She stepped back and offered her hand to him, to help him out of the stone prison. "Welcome to the Alliance Eriknox. It is good to have you back."

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
(This can be anything. Questions/Comments are always welcome.)
I would like to clarify that this is an unappealing way to build a stronger community, and I would certainly have liked to test the server myself before making a decision. This really just puts the decision making solely in the admins and gms' hands rather than the players', but this seems to be a well run server and as I said I have a friend that plays here so I think it will be a lot of fun.