Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Sickdawg0's Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

I've been Roleplaying since I picked up a copy of the good ol' Red Box in KB Toys. I remember that I also got a copy of Fiend Folio for 3 bucks, and a copy of 'The Night's Dark Terror' - which I still love, to this day. Though Shadowrun has always been my favorite setting, Ravenloft was a close close second, back when I was able to do primarily TT gaming. Of course, all the old gaming crew have grown up, gotten married, parted ways and have kids - so MMOs are the new best thing.
I was also the kid that was picked initially to be the GM, and then carried the torch the rest of the way through adulthood - MMOs allow be to be on the other side of the screen, while still creating and furthering stories :)

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
United States, English. I also lived in Germany for 5 years.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I played the original Warcraft on PC when it came out. But honestly, I never got into it, into it, until WoW first came out. Launching on Feathermoon, I was quickly prompted to go back and play WCIII - which I did. I've been a huge fan ever since.

What made you seek our server over others?:
Since WoW became live, I've gone from RP Server, to RP/PvP Server, to RP Server and have just really, really begun to lose faith. I know RP is out there, and on some servers it's everywhere, still - but even on the "best" RP servers, you can't get away from people constantly yelling OOC stuff in major hubs, or 5 lines of ((OOC)) between each line of IC speak or emote. I'm really hoping to find a place where IC is IC and not just occasional IC. Also, I've chanted the ICA=ICC mantra for years and years, I'm stoked to find it in use.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I really like, and crave, it all. Any sort of interaction, anywhere, should always help to further develop your character. That said, while I'm not a /huge/ fan of combat RP - I do enjoy the occasional meaningful, well-played fight. If it's unending back-alley muggings, one after the other though - no thank you. I /do/ love the Alliance/Horde conflict, to this day - and that will probably always be one of my favorite aspects of the setting (Taken in shades of Grey, as opposed to B&W).

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Orc Shaman. I'm just a huge Orc fan, period. I -love- the culture that they have in Warcraft, I love the general outlook, and I love the spin that their trials, tribulations, and history have given them.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I answered that mostly in the question above, but additionally I'm looking for the closest to TableTop experience that I could understandably get out of an MMO. By that, I'm looking for a place where people can work together to create a story, and for a non hostile (OOC) environment. Griefing on live servers I can handle, but its hostile attitudes from mememe Roleplayers and the such are what piss me off.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
ICA = ICC. I love the mantra, I love the saying. I -love- that it can be enforced.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

The Grandfather paced a rut in the earth above Garadar. It was a place of peace that he had adopted as his own - the hunk of floating rock that was as cast away yet still as tied to his old home as he was. Not even half a meter from his feet laid the heart, the focus, of his old calling. The grave that he had rent with his own hands was peaceful and unmarred, grown over with fresh grass and flowers that left no hint that it had ever been disturbed. The Orc paused and stared straight at it, his hands clenched into fists so tight that it caused his veins to rebel against his skin.

"Penitent," rumbled the Grandfather's oldest ally. "We will gladly offer back what you gave to our care. You have learned much, done much, with what the Uncorrupt have shown you - but you deceive yourself if you believe that you are capable of their ways, Purely."

"Purely. Purity!" the old orc sighed. "The entire hinging aspect of this war I fight with myself! If this is unearthed ..." The orc gestured dismissively at the ground with a bloodstained hand, causing a few remnants of his sacrifice to splatter the soil, ".. Than I fear .. -regret-," he coughed, "that everything up to this point may be lost. My friend, my oldest ally, my brother .. surely-you- of all, have to understand that I cannot risk it!."

A soft rumbling laughter, reminiscent of a small rockslide, responded, serving to calm the old orc slightly. "You repay your wrongdoings daily, Penitent. You will never be able to reclaim what you once were, but until you find balance, you will do nothing but harm - no matter what good you try to bring of it. You are Two-Hands, the fist that crushes and the hand that rebuilds. You carry the torchflame the purifies, only to pave way for new life. You have known long, why it was the two of us that returned to guide you. Accept it and embrace it. You cannot deny your People's legacy - but you can atone for it.

"As for the other request, Penitant," the Guardian spirit added as it faded away to leave the orc to his weakened solitude, "It will bring great Honor. You -will- continue with your union."

The Orc known as Khaz'goth nodded, then stumbled forward slightly, allowing himself to fall to his knees before the unmarked area of earth. Blood flowed steadily now from the rents in his chest where the five long strips of skin had been flayed away by his own hand - and the fertile soil soaked it up.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Not yet. I'm very much looking forward to seeing the world that's been crafted here.