Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Flying Machines? Oh, gimmee!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just a request that the [item]34061[/item] have it's engineering requirement taken off if that's possible. I know of several people who would want it taken away, and since it requires 375 Engineering to use, it's a pain for those IC engineers who don't want to learn OOC engineering, and go through the horrible, painful phase of levelling it up.

Thanks in advance.

Super-special-awesome-DOUBLE-thanks if this is possible.
And the [item]44558[/item].

That'd be awesome if we could remove those limits.
Next thing you know, Mekgineer's Chopper will have the limits removed. Basically, everyone wants their own special ride and don't want to grind for it.

And I'm all for it.
A big part of those being unique, is that if we take off the limitations they never will be. And then we'll have paladin's riding around in heli-copters.

To be frank, I don't see this happening any time soon.
Rensin Wrote:And then we'll have paladin's riding around in heli-copters.

Heheheh, just as planned...

But yes, I agree with Rensin on this. I spent a very, very, very, very, VERY long time getting my engineering to max on Ripley, and it'll feel like it's wasted if that's removed. If you want to reap something, you have to sow something first.
Houou Wrote:Next thing you know, Mekgineer's Chopper will have the limits removed. Basically, everyone wants their own special ride and don't want to grind for it.

And I'm all for it.
Engineers make that one, but it has no requirement to ride. :D
ulteo29 Wrote:
Houou Wrote:Next thing you know, Mekgineer's Chopper will have the limits removed. Basically, everyone wants their own special ride and don't want to grind for it.

And I'm all for it.

Sadly.
Rensin Wrote:
ulteo29 Wrote:

And I'm all for it.

Sadly.
Not really. It makes more sense that way. Can everyone who knows how to drive a car or a motorcycle know how to build one as well?
Back whenever then? I'd think anyone who could ride one would have to have intimate knowledge of the inner workings of the machine. I dont advocate putting a requirement on it though, since we are supposed to be RPing, not grinding mats.
No, but seeing as how it's a relatively new invention that doesn't have a training course on how to drive it like cars and such in our world, it's not really something people can easily drive.

Edit: Like Touch said, huur.
Night Elves and/or Paladins on bikes hurrr. (Bikadins)
[IMHO] I think the CotH policy of what happens OOC not affecting/limiting what happens IC should come first.

Consequentially, an engineer character with good backing for having that object should be able to use it without having to grind OOC. Grinding is not evidence of anything other than grinding.

RP grinding!:

Nobody wants to see inadequate characters in a choppa' (or on one) IC, so, to avoid abuse, I think a list of restricted mounts should be initated instead: From the more badass drakes, pheonixes to helicopters, bikes, etc. You can ride these only with GM permission, maybe after a round of IC posts about it. Prestige-mounts, if you will :)

This takes a level of implementation work, but one of the things that I presonally feel is great about CotH (and rather unique, too) is the good tendency of separating IC aspects and OOC gameplay. [/IMHO]
DaveM.. That's a great idea!
As much as I agree with DaveM about mechachoppers and the like. I don't think it needs to be a prestige mount. I mean yeah everyone would want one, but it's just like the mammoth mount. Expensive as heck and clearly a symbol of your status. I say, have two engineers from each faction have the ability to make them. A toon can then buy them off the character who built it. Maybe some IC riding lessons or something.

Besides if it's a prestige mount..how am I to start my gnomish mecha-chopper gang?
I think we should just leave the mounts how they are. We've been playing with them how they are for quite some time, and I haven't seen any problems.
Pages: 1 2