Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Introduction Mine
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
Well, there is far too much to tell here, but I will try my best in the format given. I am a friendly person, and am easy to get
along with. I currently work at a gaming company that surrounds me in video games. While that sounds nice and fun, which it is, I am currently looking for a job with more customer service, and less competitive sales. As for my roleplaying, I have been roleplaying for some years, started when I was ten. Granted I didn't know much at that age, I have learned much much more, and am still learning, as we all still do. I also have three loves. First is music. I've always hated complete silence, and over the years it's turned into music being my savior on more than one occasion. Second would be gaming, as I have been doing it since before I started roleplaying, go go atari! Third would be photography. I'm not a master photographer by far, but I love it and am currently saving for a new camera ;)

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I was born and raised in the United States, and my primary language is american english.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I have played Warcraft since Orcs & Humans, and haven't stopped. I suppose to say that I haven't stopped wouldn't be entirely true. I have been to all sorts of games back and forth between then and now, but the world, the lore, the characters, and the humor in the series always kept me coming back. I have always looked forward to roleplay on a server that wasn't 1337 rp, and hopefully I will get a chance to do so.

What made you seek our server over others?
Honestly, your server wasn't the first one I saw. In fact, your server was the last one I saw. I've tried a few, seen a few, but it was actually a blog that I read about this server on that got me to try it out. Several people had replied to the blog, and no one had a bad thing to say about the server, minus being banned/denied entry, but that is to be expected. After I found the website and the forums, the reading I did was really what made me want to sign up.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
To confine a few would be a bit hard. I don't enjoy combat roleplay, but, from my background, I understand it can be a necessary part of roleplay environments. I will point out, however, that the lead up to fights is always interesting, when it actually has meaning, that is. Conflict, warring, defending, reactions, friendships, enemies, nemesis', etc. The point at which you get to those points is what I enjoy. To classify I would have to say I just enjoy roleplay in it's entirety.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
My favorite race is the undead (forsaken). There is just something about playing a race of beings that were alive before and now have not only died, but had their wills and destinies thrown back into their own hands. I find this one to be one of the most challenging to play, mostly for the fact that death does, should, and will always have a lasting impact on someone, but... dying and actually staying dead would have an effect so deep that it would shift the core of your form and change who you became with where you've been up to the point you are "reborn"

My favorite class is warlock. I very much enjoy that thin and dangerous line between power and demonic corruption that warlocks must walk and protect themselves from. The sheer thrill of the consequences can make, in my opinion, warlocks more dedicated and potentially more powerful than a mage in certain respects. I would have to say that the challenge, in my opinion, is what makes these two my favorite things.

That being said... I enjoy the Night Elf/Druid combination the most. Mostly this is because I enjoy feral characters and playing them, and druids give me a good opportunity to have a reason to have them be so. I have done so with hunters in the past as well, but it's always just much more... natural to me with druids. Also, while it's sometimes hard to tell what someone is thinking, I personally find the mystery and intrigue behind knowing what a feral character (not just druids) is thinking based on their actions is near impossible, and it is part of what makes me love playing them so much.

What are your expectations of this server?:
My expectations, if accepted, would be to roleplay with like minded and mature roleplayers that can separate fact from fiction and still be friendly back in return. Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
I would have to say respect. I have noticed that while your website and forum posts have demanded and called for respect, it is also given just in the same way, and that is extremely comendable. There are several, but if I actually had to nail down one, I would have to say respect.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

It was late, and dark. The night sky was filled with dark clouds and occasional flashes of light from the lightning and loud cracks from the peels of thunder. It had only been eight months prior that she was near this very spot. The conditions for the huntress had not been so favorable then, though. Having traveled with the other huntress and a druid and a warrior, she grew to know them all too well. Each one of them was distinct and unique in their own right. That, however, mattered little for much longer. A great black dragon, evil in nature, swooped down and had attacked. It was a battle that was both too long, and not long enough. The only survivor was the huntress, and if only for the aid of her black mastiff companion.

For the next eight months, there was nothing but training, learning, and calling in all her favors for the artifacts and lesser artifacts that would be used to slay this plauge upon the lands surrounding. Several outcroppings of rocks surrounded a particular area. There had been ten other people than the huntress hidden from both sight and sound with muds and scent breakers. There were two taurens warriors, two human mages, an orc death knight, three other night elf huntress, a night elf priest, and a tauren druid. The races and names were not important. She had asked for them, but the means were what was important, not the names of the means.

The two mages had hidden behind a stone wall and were preparing another spell as the amulets they wore did their work. Both of them silently thanked their gnome friends for the use of them. The death knight, for his own reasons, was there, also hidden. The three huntresses were present as well, and they were not far away from the main huntress, ready to enact their plans as well, aside from the hidden traps already in place. The druid was also there, glad to help finally rid such a scourge from the land. The taurens had come with the orc. The priestess as also more than happy to help cleanse this evil and chaotic dragon fom the lands.

The placements there, the trap needed sprung. And sprunt it was. There was a powerful illusion of a group of random alliance members running and fighting with a group of demonic worgs. They were trying to run from them, but mounts or no, the worgs speed increased by the demonic part of them, was too much. By the time the illusions had gotten to it's destination, the dragon was flying nearby, heard by the hunting party. Luckily, the gnomes had made the illusion to a "T" as per specifications. The amulets made the smells, movements, intelligence, primal need, all of it, life like. When the demonic worgs had bit into flesh, blood was smelt. The dragon seemingly fel for it. Now preparing for the end.

Eyes close.

Memory, day dreaming, perhaps? The scene changes... It was summer, and there was little around. The huntress was stalking through the wilderness in search of a companion to help her fight. She had lost her last one in an unfortunate accident, and was hoping to find a powerful one to replace it. What she did not know, however, was that power would have to wait. A yelp was heard, just on the very edges of her trained and honed hearing. The cry would have been ignored if it were not for the sound of young and helpless animal. Making her way over, the huntress continued her stalking movements, being unheard, for now. What she came upon, though, was a mastiff pup, black in fur, being cornered by an adult basalisk. A lot of what had happened between then and when the basalisk was blurry at that point, as she tended to have a blood lust when it came to protecting animals that were helpless. All that was known, was that by the time she was finished, she had a bite mark, a few claw marks, but was in shape to move, and the basalisk had an arrow in one eye and one big gash across the neck, another over it's side, and had perished.

When sanity sank back in, she found herself staring face to face with an injured mastiff pup, neither of them moved. Despite his injury, the mastiff crawled over to the huntress and the huntress lowered, both of them sniffing at each other before a wide grin spread on the huntress' face and they both headbutted each other without a word or sign from the other of what was coming. It was only then did the huntress realize that she would have to wait for a powerful companion, but at this moment, she didn't mind. The bit of joyful meeting was interrupted, however, by a growling mother mastiff. As the huntress looked to the wolf, she had no fear, knowing that she could kill the beast easily. She realized where the growling came from, though, and remembered she still had a blade in her hand. Slowly moving it away from the pup, she slid it back in it's sheathe and held a hand out, palm upwards, towards the small wolf, who licked and nuzzled it, tail flicking behind. The mother mastiff then realized what was happening, and wether it be by the grace of Elune, or any other forces unseen, let her young go, knowing that while a more dangerous life than perhaps in the wilds it was born, it was a happier one for it. The two had not parted since.

Eyes open.

Back to reality, and the gravity of the situation, as well as the dragon's drawing closer, woke her out of her daydream. A single tear would come from each eye, and the mastiff beside her, poised and ready, suddenly went relaxed and growled softly, headbutting the huntress, as if he knew what was wrong without looking at her. The huntress met the act in a headbutt of her own, the two saying goodbye, as if just in case. A rough, but loving scratching of the scruff of the mighty wolfs neck was also given, and then the two parted, possibly for the last time. The dragon was almost there, it was time.

Before any were truly ready, at least mentally, the dragons maw opened and crashed into the earth, and a now disappating illusion. Luckily for the hunting party, the dragon's head was so large that it's eyes did not see that it had been tricked until it was too late. Four large feet landed on the four huntress' traps and ice crackled and formed up around the stalks of it's legs, sealing it for long enough for the rest to begin the attack. No sooner had a roar come from the dragon then did the two mages chant their magics and fling a hand from the dragon. The spells were not ones of attack, they were flight spells. The two tauren flew faster than they should, and the only thing the dragon saw as it's gaze could look down were two balls of hair and horn and two large hammers flying towards it's legs. The beast was strong, but not fast enough. The two hammers hauled by the only races that could, were covered in runes and magical etchings that all glowed in a brilliant light of white and green, both infused with holy and natural magics. The tauren's struck true, and two gigantic snaps came from the dragon's front legs, actually succeeding in breaking them. The three other huntress' were ready, and when they heard the snaps of the legs, they all three dove out and landed on their sides, their bows poised and aiming low. Each one fired their most powerful arrows into the side of the beast. They did little damage, but they weren't intended to. The dragon actually flopped onto it's side. The death knight now acted. Boots glowed with arcane light, and his form flung up into the air and his sword, also etched in nothing but runes and glowing, grew in length and before the dragon could move completely, the sword slid just at the back of the neck and pinned the dragon's head to the ground, the sword digging into the hilt. The death knight knew it was gone for good, but the orc was willing. Before he could be attacked again, he leapt off of the dragon, the boots he wore giving him the power once more. It was time for the animal companions to act. Just as a tail came into movement to try and attack in defense, all four of them grew in size to at least ten feet high at the back, each enraged and knowing it's mark. A mastiff wolf, a great panther, a mighty tiger, and a black bear. All of them enhanced to move as swift as the wind for one attack, which slammed each of them into the tail, knocking it away from anyone and trying to pin it down. They wouldn't have much time, but they didn't need it.

It was the huntress' turn. Calling in all her favors, using as much training as she could get for the past eight months, getting as much favor with the priestess' of Elune as she could, she finally got it. It was an arrow, and one that was well masked. A major artifact of power meant to slay dragons. It was one that had to collect power for a century before it could be used again in it's slaying shot, and only once it's power word was spoken could it be activated. Being night elf in origin, she had no fear it would work. Her only fear was that she would miss. Not having been as trained in the arts of marksmanship as some of her kin, she took up as much precision shooting training as she could before this night. The dragon pinned, she rolls out from behind the rock outcropping and lands on one bended knee, the other leg spread about a foot part from the other to give her stability and balance, the foot of the leg along the ground finding purchase by a rock point, giving her better footing. The dragon, sensing something was wrong, yet unable to move away from the arrow fire soon enough, did the only thing it knew that would possibly hit the woman before she could act. Black flame bubbled up in the dragon's neck as it prepared to launch it's breath weapon.

The huntress, on any other night, would have looked rather rediculous, and rather under protected to a seasoned adventurer of this land. She wore only enough leather and hide to protect her skin. She wore no mail armor this night. Little did the dragon know it was for mobility and lack of stiffness. She only existed in this moment to fire that arrow and she wore the perfect attire to make her shot fluid. Knowing that breath weapon was coming, she didn't care, she didn't move, she would die this day to end the life of her fallen sisters and many, many more that were given up to the recently awakened dragon. Just as the beasts maw and mouth opened, the arrow let loose. "XARAS!!" she shouted, and the arrow awakened. The great dragon slayer's spirit awoke in the arrow and it transformed mid-flight into it's true form. The arrow was a shaft made of a mixture of two things; pure silver blessed and enchanted by dwarven and priestess magics, and wood from the original tree of life. The head of the arrow comprised of a dwarven forged heart of a purely good dragon that fell many, many years ago. The feathers on the back of the arrow were plucked from a great phoenix just before it's death and preserved. The entire artifact symbolized and embodied purification through fire and destruction of evil. Just as the black flames escaped the dragon's mouth, and rushed over the huntress herself, the arrow went straight into the great beasts' mouth.... but the huntress would never know what happened, yet.

Three days later,
"I survived?"

Eyes open and conciousness is stirred inside of her due to the licking of the great mastiff upon her cheek. A gasp and tears of joy come from her as she hugs her companion, though groans in pain as she flops back to the bed she laid on. The wolf only growls at her, chiding. A sheepish smile of apology and thanks are given to the mastiff, but he rears his head up. There was a tied parchment about his neck, and she took it out, unrolled it, and smiled. The beast had perished, and no casualties were gotten. They were lucky.... perhaps blessed... and she thanked Elune for the protection, knowing that that was nowhere close to her last dangerous battle, she just prayed that she would have the same faith and blessings that she had those three nights prior.

((I would like to point out that this story is a mix of Warcraft and D&D, but that is the way I could comfortably write that. I know I wasn't constrained to just Warcraft for this introduction, but I just wanted to clarify that that was the case, so no one thought that I was trying to write a Warcraft only story and that it seemed like I didn't know what I was writing about. Thank you.))

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Not at this time, however, I would like to thank the staff/admins/gm's, or whoever will look this over for their time, despite my acceptance or denial beyond this step.

Thank you.
Yo Welcome here

JoePa82 Wrote:....I currently work at a gaming company that surrounds me in video games..........
*spasms and drools*
Welcome to the server!

Make sure to have fun and /join chat when you log in!

If you have any questions, feel free to ask any of the staff, along with the grunts.

:D

Have fun!

<333

Cressy
W-w-w-w-w-WELCOME!

Heh, welcome to the server. If you have any questions or stuff like that, don't be afraid to PM a GM or Grunt on the forums. We're all happy to help!

Hope to see you ingame!